Mark Howard

fraser77

according to the bbc gossip collum we want mark howard the st mirren goalkeeper aswell jesus christ !

Rangers are weighing up a move for Inverness midfielder Don Cowie and St Mirren goalkeeper Mark Howard. (Various)

whilst the t**** tell there fans there goin for bellend and pennent

mind u i think pennent would do a great job in scotland for us

Why do we want another goalkeeper? FFS!

Why do we want some guy that plays for inverness?

Is it because he played against "them" and scored a goal? (Don Cowie)

Maybe as a squad player as he is free but still DON COWIE!?

Also Why Mark Howard? Hes shite!

If we wanted a free goalkeeper why not sign Allan Combe?

We have 4 goalkeepers currently!

Greame Smith, Allan McGregor, Neil Alexander, Lee Robinson.

Why buy Mark howard when we have 4 goalkeepers?

FFS! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I can see us cashing in on Alexander while he is worth something. Or maybe he will be No1 as Macshagger is for the off...

Mark Howard is being brought in to replace Graeme Smith who is for the off.

Don Cowie though, words fail me. He reminds me of a poor man's Charlie Adam in the sense that goes for the hollywood option when he shouldn't. The fact that the ICT fans are saying that he won't be a big loss on their forums pretty much sums him up.

Must be shit being a 3rd choice keeper, sure he'll earn loads but you're essentially signing and agreeing to never playing again (barring injury miracles, in which case I'm sure the boss would get in an emergency no. 1 anyway)

I'd rather be no.1 at a wee diddy club than no.3 at a massive one.

celtc wont get them. It's like us being linked with Benayoun and Gudjohnsen, it will never happen. I'd actually like to see celtc spunk money on Bellend - but that's never going to happen.

Don't see the problem with signing, Mark Howard, young and would be brought in for the 3rd keeper role. Plus he can't be any worse than Graeme Smith.

I don't think I have ever heard of Mark Howard. Is he their number 1?

Yeah he's their no1, he took over from Chris Smith last season.

He's decent, but not the standard we should be Targeting.

He'll do as a replacement for Graeme Smith if we do pursue the player.

RANGERS are lining up a move for St Mirren goalkeeper Mark Howard as back-up for No.1 Allan McGregor and Neil Alexander.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith is believed to have been impressed with the performances of the former Arsenal goalie in the SPL this season.

The 22-year-old, who has also been interesting Nottingham Forest, is out of contract in the summer and could move to the Glasgow giants for nothing.

advertisement

Smith could be set to offload third-choice keeper Graeme Smith and believes Howard would be his perfect replacement.

Meanwhile, the Gers gaffer has also been linked with a move for Inverness Caley Thistle attacking midfielder Don Cowie.

Former Ross County ace Cowie, whose deal with the Highlanders expires at the end of the season, scored nine goals last season and has netted three times in the 2008/09 campaign.

Smith has shown he is prepared to take a gamble on little-known players in recent seasons and could take the 25-year-old to Glasgow for a nominal fee.

He snapped up Kirk Broadfoot from St Mirren and turned him into a first-team player.

Elsewhere, Motherwell striker Chris Porter is today reported to have signed a pre-contract agreement with Nottingham Forest.

The big English hitman has only hit the back of the net four times during a disappointing 2008/09 campaign with the Steelmen.

However, Forest boss Colin Calderwood rates Chris, who helped Well finish third in the SPL last season, highly. He could leave for a nominal fee next month.

Elsewhere, Hamilton supremo Ronnie McDonald has no plans to cash in on James McCarthy. He said: "There will come a time where we will get a bid which suits us and the player. Now is not that time.

Guest Andypendek

I don't see why we can't sign Howard and loan him back out to St.Mirren, unless there's some rule agin it.

I know nothing at all about Don Cowie, but then I know nothing about Robson who plays for the tims and they seem to think he's alright. Maybe he could turn out OK, I dunno.