Anderson Cleber

RangersJamie52

Lyon star Anderson Cleber eyes transfer switch to Rangers or Celtic

Dec 23 2008 Chris Roberts

LYON defender Anderson Cleber wants a move to the Old Firm.

The tough Brazilian central defender, who faced Rangers in the Champions League two seasons ago,has won trophies in his homeland, Portugal and in France.

The 28-year-old, on loan with Brazilian club Sao Paulo, said: "I have enjoyed my career in many countries but now I want to try Scottish football.

"My style is well suited to Rangers or Celtic because I love the physical side of the game."

Lyon are looking for cash for a defender who cost them £3.3million from Benfica last year.

Boss Claude Puel doesn't want to keep unhappy players in his squad so a nominal fee would be acceptable.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-20991192/

Was recently linked with a permanent move to Flamengo.

His son had health problems and he wanted to be in Brazil. Maybe that's changed now though.

He's a right good player though, although he's a bit of a crybaby. His situation at Benfica was similar to the Arteta/Ferguson situation at Ibrox wherein he threw the toys out of the pram because his manager played Luisao ahead of him in his favoured side of central defence, much to his dismay.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Rangers. The guy is an arsehole and I don't think he's that good a defender tbh - another Claudio Cacapa.

3 times the player, imo.

You're right about his attitude, though. If he wasn't such a twat, he'd be a fully capped Brazillian international by now.