Dundee Utd's keeper must not be allowed to play v them

Tontospal

I'm not sure what the rules are so the point may be invalid but this Pole should not be allowed to play against celtc now that he has signed for them.

The whole situation with players signing pre-contract agreements in January is a farce IMO, particularly when they are staying in the same league, and should be scrapped.

That's a load of rubbish. When we signed Gow on a pre-contract he played against us at Ibrox weeks later.

What's a load of rubbish?

My point is that he should not be allowed to play against them, particularly as a keeper, as he could quite easily be involved in situations that could ultimately help them win the title.

I have no problem with him playing against us or any other team as he will and should be trying his best for Utd.

It is a massive conflict of interest and should not be allowed.

That's a load of rubbish. When we signed Gow on a pre-contract he played against us at Ibrox weeks later.

What's a load of rubbish?

My point is that he should not be allowed to play against them, particularly as a keeper, as he could quite easily be involved in situations that could ultimately help them win the title.

I have no problem with him playing against us or any other team as he will and should be trying his best for Utd.

It is a massive conflict of interest and should not be allowed.

Its happened plenty of times before and theres never been a case of the player making a deliberate mistake or something, well there doesn't appear to have been anyway. You have to just assume the player is professional and will do their best for the club they're still at.

Thats a decision for Craig Levein to make, nobody else. He is under contract at Dundee United until the end of the season and will play if Levein selects him. Happens all around Europe.

He CAN play them, Scott Brown 2 seasons ago did the same thing

Scott brown never signed a pre contract. Hense the reason hibs got 4million plus for him. You can only sign a pre contract if you have 6 months or less to go on your current contract, Brown was tied up on a long term deal. however you can still play against your new club if you have signed one

He CAN play them, Scott Brown 2 seasons ago did the same thing

Scott brown never signed a pre contract. Hense the reason hibs got 4million plus for him. You can only sign a pre contract if you have 6 months or less to go on your current contract, Brown was tied up on a long term deal. however you can still play against your new club if you have signed one

I know it wasn't a bosman but the deal had been done.

Despite the intense speculation regarding a move to Rangers or the English Premier League, Brown agreed a move to Celtic for £4.4 million, the largest transfer fee exchanged between two Scottish clubs, on 16 May 2007[9][10]. Brown's agent, Willie McKay, confirmed the deal to Sky Sports, saying Brown had signed a 5 year contract and was excited about playing for such a successful club and the chance to play UEFA Champions League football [11].

Brown scored in his final appearance for Hibs, against Celtic, who he had agreed to sign for the previous week. Unusually, the goal was cheered by both sets of supporters. He was also given a standing ovation from both sets of fans when he was substituted late on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Brown_(...ish_footballer)