Just heard Scott McDonald on the tranny there.

Shuggy07

Cant believe we couldnt find 400K pound for him when we had the chance. Have it on good authority that wee scott had agreed with smith to sign for rangers but murray wouldnt pay the 400K?

Scott was in Aus sayintg that he was going to rangers and the inevitable phone call came by smith to scotty to say that Murray would not sanction it ! To say at the time Scot was gutted is an understatement.

Cant believe we couldnt find 400K pound for him when we had the chance. Have it on good authority that wee scott had agreed with smith to sign for rangers but murray wouldnt pay the 400K?

Scott was in Aus sayintg that he was going to rangers and the inevitable phone call came by smith to scotty to say that Murray would not sanction it ! To say at the time Scot was gutted is an understatement.

He is a fat wee dick, dont want him anywhere near ibrox

Our financial management has been appalling for about 8 years now.

Refusing to stump up an extra 50k for Riorden (thankfully), then not going to 500k for Gow.

Same with McDonald.

Yet happy to splash out 3.5M on Lafferty.

I don't get it.

Our financial management has been appalling for about 8 years now.

Refusing to stump up an extra 50k for Riorden (thankfully), then not going to 500k for Gow.

Same with McDonald.

Yet happy to splash out 3.5M on Lafferty.

I don't get it.

baffling

From what I heard Motherwell sold another player about the same time as we were in for McDonald and so decided not to sell McDonald at that point.

trust me, it was murray who said no to the money as he was under pressure from the banks at the time.

From what I heard Motherwell sold another player about the same time as we were in for McDonald and so decided not to sell McDonald at that point.

trust me, it was murray who said no to the money as he was under pressure from the banks at the time.

No offence but I'll stick to what I heard.

He is a fat wee dick, dont want him anywhere near ibrox

damn right, he's a fat cunt who deserves no respect! wouldnt touch that aussie boaby with a barge pole

Who cares?

He signed for them. End of.

either way yuo look at it, had we signed Brown, McDonald, robson when we had the chance and were heavily linked with them at the time they were available, where would we be now (where wopuld they be?)? Instead we brought back Barry (finished) instead of Brown, Lafferty instead of robson, and Miller, (although I actually think he has done ok), Velicka, JCD, instead of McDonald(top goalscorer last year, sores in massive games for them).

weakned them and strenthened us????Go figure.

i suspected that. knew he would have preffered the tims, but remember mo malpas on radio saying mcdonald was inconsolable at the time, as he thought his big move was not going to happen.

4 weeks later, tims come in on pre contract, and the rest is history as they say my son.

It's a repeat of the John Hartson farce where a player was desparate to sign for us and we pulled out only for that player to then put us to the sword for celtc.

i suspected that. knew he would have preffered the tims, but remember mo malpas on radio saying mcdonald was inconsolable at the time, as he thought his big move was not going to happen.

4 weeks later, tims come in on pre contract, and the rest is history as they say my son.

It's a repeat of the John Hartson farce where a player was desparate to sign for us and we pulled out only for that player to then put us to the sword for celtc.

hate to agree anything about hartson, but another example of mismanagement. was this another smith episode?