Any chance of backing our players during games?

rossf

As fans we are supposed to back our players and manager during the game.

this is generaly done by singing.

howver some of the loudest chants at ibrox nowadays are negative ones directed at either SDM, WS Charlie Adam Lee Mculluch etc

please can we at least back our team while they are playing, iv heard rumours that teams play better when their supporters act like a 12 man!

save any anger for after the game has finished please, especialy anger that is directed to our players. it can hardly be motivating when you hear your own fans shout obscenities at you

this is a cracking post ! but some of the idiots that sit & shout their frustration at games, probably cannot read mate. you'll not reach them on this site haha.

I'd love to hear coherant chants at ibrox stadium, but it's either quiet or when a chant goes up, two sections of the crowd start it at different times, so it sounds like we can't sing together.

/rant over

howver some of the loudest chants at ibrox nowadays are negative ones directed at either SDM, WS Charlie Adam Lee Mculluch etc

please can we at least back our team while they are playing, iv heard rumours that teams play better when their supporters act like a 12 man!

save any anger for after the game has finished please, especialy anger that is directed to our players. it can hardly be motivating when you hear your own fans shout obscenities at you

They have had enough backing in every match since they let us down in Kanuas

They have let us down again

TBH that's the poorest Old Firm match I've seen in a long time. The quality of football was dismal, the pitch was dire and the atmosphere was disgraceful.

We need to concentrate on singing songs about our own club again, instead of all this focussing on 'them' so much. Only then can we get a bit of atmosphere back.

IMO!

<cr> Do you mean, actually act like a Rangers supporter?

Fuck, you must be mental, who would want to do that?

Great sentiments, and, i wholey agree, but, I have to take issue with the fact you made me agree with BP9 AGAIN!

Doesn't help when we don't know what songs we are allowed to sing - supporters seem scared at times to open their mouths.

Fcuk it, sing them all, loud and proud.

Nail on the head Muff.

How many of the tims think twice before belting out their IRA bile?

Yet we are scared to tell them to go home without fear of arrest.

Doesn't help when we don't know what songs we are allowed to sing - supporters seem scared at times to open their mouths.

Fcuk it, sing them all, loud and proud.

:mutley: How can people not know what they can sing haha, its 1 song, possibly another 2 lines!

People do use that as an excuse not to tho mate

I agree, get them sung. Damn, a 90 minute bouncy would do!

Is this mischief making?

I have never heard chants directed at any of our players. Sure there are moans or shouts of exasperation when a simple pass goes astray or a player presents the ball to an opponent but never negative chanting!

It is hard to try to keep the team going by singing when so many players just do not seem bothered or want to get involved.

I agree i hate it when the fans get on players backs during games, what to they think it will do ? For the first time in my life on sat i got up and started ranting at a rangers player and it was Broadfoot at the goal. Was so angry at his level of defending. A bit annoyed at myself but i guess it was heat of the moment

Agreed.

darvelmarvel, so you'll be singing that imaginative tune, we arra people aye ? lol

aye, i see your point in voicing your opinion in lue of the players earning a hefty wage. But still agree with the original post, we need to encourage the players, rather than being negative. easy to say in here i spose..

People have the right to complain if they don't like the state our club is in after paying the prices for tickets imo.

We won't get a good atmosphere going at most matches again with all the younger people and older people going nowadays.

People have the right to complain if they don't like the state our club is in after paying the prices for tickets imo.

We won't get a good atmosphere going at most matches again with all the younger people and older people going nowadays.

thats rubbish. are young and old people not passionate enough to care about the club?

of course peopple have the right to complain, but as supporters we should at least try and support our players during the game!

Agreed. the fans who do this are usually fat old arseholes who are jealous. i dont think its that bad when you someone says, for example, "what the fuck was broadfoot doing with that goal", but when it's "broadfoot ye cunt" how thats gonna help. its mostly jealousy that these moaners didnt get even close to becoming a pro footballer. they say they could do better on the pitch. aye right!

thats rubbish. are young and old people not passionate enough to care about the club?

of course peopple have the right to complain, but as supporters we should at least try and support our players during the game!

I never said they lack passion, just less likely to belt out a song.

When have we ever "Chanted" anything against SDM or WS?

Just posted the following in the better atmosphere poll/thread. Sort of ties in a bit............

I hear what you're saying Jim but I have a suggestion............

Could the Club be approached with a view, come ST renewal time, to state that the Copland for example is going to be the designated singing stand. All renewals of existing STs in the Copland would be on that understanding. Those not wanting to be remain there could be relocated.

The EE, CDL and TBO can remain where they are if they so wish. I'm pretty sure there are enough ST holders in other parts of the ground who want to sing, when added to the existing Copland STs that want to sing, for that stand to be full of singing minded fans.

If the Club was approached and refused to accomodate such a request, then it really would confirm just how much our support is valued as opposed to our money.

Just a thought.