Tons of deadwood and 7mill+ worth of nonfunctioning signings

Velicka + Lafferty + Edu = 7 mill+....bringing what to the team??

deadwood...

Gow

Webster

Hemdani

Darch

McCulloch

Adam

Smith

Burke

Beasley

then big Davie needs a successor, Whittaker could also be on that list

looking at all this the squad is just screaming out for major surgery but we have no cash unless we move the deadwood and Walter said he knows of no inquiries about any of the players???! :unsure:

its gonna be a long cold winter I hope we can work something out

Rangers manager Walter Smith has yet to receive any fresh offers for his players ahead of the transfer window.

"We would hope to be active in the transfer market in terms of bringing in players, but that is dependent on who we get out," he told the club website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7803523.stm

DB - If we only kept Thomson, Davis and Mendes I would be over the moon. Obviously guys like Aaron, Fleck, McMillan are included aswell.

The sooner we rid our club of the rubbish, mediocre, shitebags, players who are holding us back, the better.

Its the same almost every year - our squad gets completely overhauled

We need a manager who is going to spend wisely on quality and build a team for the long term

What we will get is these mediocre players moved on to be replaced with new mediocre players

cant wait (tu)

Because for the last few years, for the first time in Rangers history, we have a high turnover in managers, that has some part to play in it

When Smith came in, our squad was threadbare, we needed bodies, and, of course, some have not been anywhere near up to scratch, but, some have, and, some have been let downs that I think its unfair to criticize for.

Webster, Gow, Whittaker were all regarded in the Scottish game as good prospects, like Thomson and Naismith, the difference being, the latter 2 lived up to it, the others for whatever reason, didnt cut it at Rangers, it happens

From owner downwards - a complete clear-out! (tu)

I would keep

McGregor

McMillan -and play him, even from next season

S Smith - get him loaned out to see if he can come back tho

Broadfoot - backup! he is solid enough

Thomson

Mendes

Davis

Ferguson - still a good player, not my first choice at the moment though

Naismith - long term

Lafferty - long term

Edu - long term

Boyd - goals, plus improving. We can get better, but, he is hardly the worst we have

I would also introduce Aaron, Fleck, McMillan and Wylde into the first team squad, Furman, less sure about

I would keep

McGregor

S Smith - get him loaned out to see if he can come back tho

Thomson

Mendes

Davis

Naismith - long term

Lafferty - long term

Edu - long term

Boyd - goals, plus improving. We can get better, but, he is hardly the worst we have

I would also introduce Aaron, Fleck, McMillan and Wylde into the first team squad, Furman, less sure about

I'd agree with that list...pity about Stevie loaning him out is a good idea he was great before that injury

I would keep

McGregor

Bougherra

Papac

S Smith - get him loaned out to see if he can come back thowould have to be in Jan, cos his cotract expires in June

Thomson

Mendes

Davis

Novo

Naismith - long term

Lafferty - long term

Edu - long term

Loy - long term

Velicka - he's not even been given a chance, and seems to score for the reserves frequently

I would also introduce Aaron, Fleck, McMillan - definately Wylde ? i don't know him so cant comment.into the first team squad, Furman, less sure about

I'd agree with that list...pity about Stevie loaning him out is a good idea he was great before that injury

yeah i agree with most of that list too, added my changes :)

Is it not time to get rid and bring some of the youngsters like Fleck through? And bring in just a couple of decent experienced players to help them instead of buying more deadwood.

I wish the kids would get a chance Chesney gives his kids a chance and as Walter is in a love in with Celtic at the moment maybe he should do the same

I would keep

McGregor

Bougherra

Papac

S Smith - get him loaned out to see if he can come back thowould have to be in Jan, cos his cotract expires in June

Thomson

Mendes

Davis

Novo

Naismith - long term

Lafferty - long term

Edu - long term

Loy - long term

Velicka - he's not even been given a chance, and seems to score for the reserves frequently

I would also introduce Aaron, Fleck, McMillan - definately Wylde ? i don't know him so cant comment.into the first team squad, Furman, less sure about

yeah i agree with most of that list too, added my changes :)

Oops, forgot aout Loy

Wylde is a LB, pretty pacy and could come good, am sure Muff or some others will know him. Is pretty young tho

Really would anybody bother if McGregor, Ferguson, Boyd etc got added to the list.

Only ones with pass marks the now and is upto standard is Mendes and Davis.

DB - If we only kept Thomson, Davis and Mendes I would be over the moon. Obviously guys like Aaron, Fleck, McMillan are included aswell.

The sooner we rid our club of the rubbish, mediocre, shitebags, players who are holding us back, the better.

The only players I would be sad to see leave would be.

Bougerra

Davis

Mendes

Thomson

Naismith

Fleck

Aaron

McMillan

The rest can go if the right offer comes in

The 7 million spent on Velicka,Edu and Lafferty sums Walter up.

Velicka supposedly burnt out???

Edu for the future(like we can afford to wait)

Lafferty a future centre forward but we play him wide left.

The above is incompetence of the highest order especially in the current financial climate.

I can see us in the last day of the transfer window accepting a bid for Bougherra and replacing him with Daniel Prodan to partner Davie Weir and Andy Webster in a new 3 at the back system.