***The Official Linfield Thread***

Linfield

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

linfield are pish.

Interesting and well reasoned post. I yield to your superbly argued case.

rwb.gif

bit ae sarcasim eh? just dont like linfield, because most of their fans are glory hunters, the ifa paid for all your league and cups with the northern ireland match stadium revenue all the rest the teams get f**k all, and is your guy LINFIELD a tim? posting pictures of aiden o'kane hes from the falls along with most of the players.

Alan McDonald has resigned as the Glens manager, long overdue from their point of view.

Big game on Saturday

bit ae sarcasim eh? just dont like linfield, because most of their fans are glory hunters, the ifa paid for all your league and cups with the northern ireland match stadium revenue all the rest the teams get f**k all, and is your guy LINFIELD a tim? posting pictures of aiden o'kane hes from the falls along with most of the players.

aye. Unsure if 'glory hunters' right term, but personally I like to go over a couple of times a season and have a drink & catch a game with some pals over there (who are all either Blues or Glens), so guess I could fall in that category, but take your point regarding IFA monies allocation, wonder what'll happen if this new stadium in the Sydenham area of east Belfast goes ahead!?!

Alan McDonald has resigned as the Glens manager, long overdue from their point of view.

Big game on Saturday

aye. Unsure if 'glory hunters' right term, but personally I like to go over a couple of times a season and have a drink & catch a game with some pals over there (who are all either Blues or Glens), so guess I could fall in that category, but take your point regarding IFA monies allocation, wonder what'll happen if this new stadium in the Sydenham area of east Belfast goes ahead!?!

Those plans have been long dead. Currently there are no plans for a new national stadium. And Linfield apparantly get 20% of revenue for every NI home game, that is significant money considering the other teams dont get it. How is that not an unfair advantage over everybody else?

Those plans have been long dead. Currently there are no plans for a new national stadium. And Linfield apparantly get 20% of revenue for every NI home game, that is significant money considering the other teams dont get it. How is that not an unfair advantage over everybody else?

- Oh, tbh been a while since I was last over - when lost to Randers FC in the UEFA EUROPA League Q1: way back in July 2009 crabflute.gif

- Unfortunately, I agree it is an unfair advantage.

- Oh, tbh been a while since I was last over - when lost to Randers FC in the UEFA EUROPA League Q1: way back in July 2009 crabflute.gif

- Unfortunately, I agree it is an unfair advantage.

Unfair, but I suppose it's the way it's always been over there. I was having a laugh once and said that was an example of the establishment helping out the proddy team over there!

I've been to a few Glentoran european cup qualifying games in the past. It's really embarrassing watching them struggle against teams that no-one even has a chance of pronouncing! I remember a memorable one against some team from Latvia (or maybe Estonia, or Belarus, or Iceland, one of those places) and it finished 2-2! The Oval went mad! :lol:

gers_2.gif

Linfield 5-0 Portadown

The Blues stay a point clear at the top of the Carling Premiership after an impressive win at Windsor Park.

Curtis Allen slipped the ball under keeper David Miskelly for the 29th minute opener and Philip Lowry hit the bottom corner four minutes later.

Billy Joe Burns fired in the third early in the second half and Allen made it 4-0 with a cool finish.

Jamie Tomelty completed the rout against a disappointing Portadown team with 12 minutes left.

Portadown were particularly wasteful in the final third and it was a quiet night for Blues keeper Alan Blayney.

The scoreline could have been more embarrassing for the visitors with Robert Garrett shooting wide from 10 yards in the first half.

Burns headed over from close-range just minutes after he scored as David Jeffrey's side displayed their title credentials.

Cliftonville remain Linfield's closest challengers after they defeated bottom club Lisburn Distillery 1-0 in north Belfast.

The Blues may be just a point clear but vitally they have two games in hand on both the Reds and third-placed Glentoran.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/irish/8546393.stm

Fucking brilliant remember those snide glentoran fans wearing sellick tops in the 80s to wind linfield fans up it did the trick linfield fans invaded the pitch and beat the fuck out of them

So you keep saying. You haven't managed to back it up either. Glentoran's shirts are green though is it possible that your vision was somehow blinkered and you mistook all the glens tops for Celtic tops?

• 2 weeks later...

All square at Solitude tonight so 'as you were' at the top of the table.

P GD Pt

1 Linfield 30 +35 58

2 Cliftonville 31 +19 54

3 Glentoran 31 +11 53

4 Crusaders 31 +6 53

5 Dungannon 31 +3 50

6 Coleraine 30 +14 47

7 Portadown 30 +14 44

8 Glenavon 31 -17 36

9 Ballymena 30 -8 34

10 Newry City 31 -22 31

11 Institute 30 -17 26

12 Distillery 30 -38 23

Fucking brilliant remember those snide glentoran fans wearing sellick tops in the 80s to wind linfield fans up it did the trick linfield fans invaded the pitch and beat the fuck out of them

So you keep saying. You haven't managed to back it up either. Glentoran's shirts are green though is it possible that your vision was somehow blinkered and you mistook all the glens tops for Celtic tops?

Agreed. I'd honestly be stunned if any Glens fan wore the hoops!

All square at Solitude tonight so 'as you were' at the top of the table.

P GD Pt

1 Linfield 30 +35 58

2 Cliftonville 31 +19 54

3 Glentoran 31 +11 53

4 Crusaders 31 +6 53

5 Dungannon 31 +3 50

6 Coleraine 30 +14 47

7 Portadown 30 +14 44

8 Glenavon 31 -17 36

9 Ballymena 30 -8 34

10 Newry City 31 -22 31

11 Institute 30 -17 26

12 Distillery 30 -38 23

Agreed. I'd honestly be stunned if any Glens fan wore the hoops!

Lookin good for the Blues now. :beer1:

• 2 weeks later...
Kick-offs confirmed for cup semis

The kick-off times for the JJB Sports Irish Cup semi-finals on 10 April were announced on Thursday.

The Oval will host the first game with Linfield facing one from Coleraine/Loughgall/Newry City at 1230 BST.

The second semi-final starts at 1730 BST with Ballymena United and Portadown playing at Windsor Park.

Loughgall and Newry meet in a delayed sixth round tie on Saturday with the winners progressing to take on Coleraine in the quarter-finals.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8588077.stm

Kick-offs confirmed for cup semis

The kick-off times for the JJB Sports Irish Cup semi-finals on 10 April were announced on Thursday.

The Oval will host the first game with Linfield facing one from Coleraine/Loughgall/Newry City at 1230 BST.

The second semi-final starts at 1730 BST with Ballymena United and Portadown playing at Windsor Park.

Loughgall and Newry meet in a delayed sixth round tie on Saturday with the winners progressing to take on Coleraine in the quarter-finals.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8588077.stm

Still no pictures of new shirt? It's available to buy on ACA Sports but nae pictures :lol:

Edit:

lindfeild-home-1.jpg

Probably won't be buying it, looks too similar to this year's Ger's home kit. Only have last season's white Linfield kit in Small as well :(

• 3 weeks later...

what a lot of shite :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: