WALTER SMITH: New Year Resolution

WALTER SMITH has urged his players to hit top form in 2009 and go on a winning run that can keep the club's title hopes alive.

Walter SmithInconsistency, especially away from home, has cost Rangers dear this season and the gaffer knows improvements have to be made on the road starting this weekend at Inverness.

The Gers are under pressure to win their next four league fixtures before travelling to Parkhead on February 15 and Smith realises this must be his side's immediate goal.

The return of Madjid Bougherra will be a big boost ahead of Sunday's crucial SPL clash at the Caledonian Stadium while Steven Naismith will also travel north and could feature in the game.

Walter said: "I think the seven point gap puts us under pressure to go on a winning run, that is something we have placed upon ourselves.

"We have to make sure we start picking up three points every weekend and we haven't yet managed to do that this season.

"There has always been a few wins then a draw or a defeat so we need to go on a run and that starts on Sunday.

"Caley are not going through their best period and they will be fighting for points.

"It was never an easy place to go to although this season they have lost as many games at home as they maybe have in previous years. Steven Naismith

"Regardless, it will be a tough match for us.

"Injury wise Mo Edu is a doubt with an ankle injury.

"He has been out for three weeks now but I would hope he will be back for our Cup game against St. Johnstone.

"Madjid Bougherra is now back and he will be fit to play on Sunday against Caley.

"Steven Naismith is also in our group of players going up. He has had three games now since he has come back from injury. I will wait to see how he feels.

"We played a bounce match against St. Johnstone earlier in the week so he is now getting back to a level of match fitness."

Craig BrewsterWith Caley now in a relegation dogfight after losing their last five SPL game there have been calls for manager Craig Brewster to call it a day.

Smith, however, hopes he gets time to turn things around.

He said: "Obviously when a bit of pressure comes to any club things can happen this way.

"But Craig took over at Caley when they were not going through the best of times and he lifted their fortunes a bit.

"Again they are going through a tough period but he will want to see them through that.

"I think Inverness are a very well run club and I don't think they will make any hasty decisions in that respect.

"I believe Craig is the man who can pick them up.

"He has done this before and I hope he can do that again after Sunday of course!"

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1506324,00.html

WALTER SMITH has urged his players to hit top form in 2009 and go on a winning run that can keep the club's title hopes alive.

says it all really. personally i don't want our title hopes to just be alive....i want to win the dam thing!

how about make changes earlier? give youth a chance? stop playing you Scotland fuck buddies?

Play players in correct positions? not to waste money? not talking shite to the press? look interested when standing at sidelines?

get it right Smith