Walter Smith

BallochBear

Why do so many fail to either read a post or fail to understand what is said.

What I asked was is he due any praise for the 2nd half performance, not the whole game, not how much he's spent, not being 2nd to Smellik, not whether anyone else gets praised at work etc. etc.

:rangers: :unionflag: :rangers:

You cannot just isolate the second half and praise the manager for it without putting it in the context of the whole game. The fact is that the second half performance wouldn't have stood out so much had we not been so poor in the 1st.

Praising the manager for performing for half of the game is baically praising him for doing half of his job.

If the first half performance had been up to scratch then i would have given him credit but, like everything else surrounding Walter Smith, it was once again inconsistent.

What I asked was is he due any praise for the 2nd half performance, not the whole game, not how much he's spent, not being 2nd to Smellik, not whether anyone else gets praised at work etc. etc.

IMO. No he does not deserve any praise. Anyone worth their salt would have read the riot act in the dressing room. It is after all the job of the manager to sort things out when you are second best to the worst (bottom) club in the league at half time. A wonder strike from Pedro within 30 secs of the restart gave him the cushion then to allow him to make changes earlier than he normally does. Taking off KM and moving the right footed Nova into his correct position but then bringing on another right footed player to play on the left (No disrepect to CB he played reasonably well) is still not the sign of good management when you have left sided players on the bench.

Because some, for whatever reason, blindly hate the manager and would never give him credit for anything, as I said before.

You cannot just isolate the second half and praise the manager for it without putting it in the context of the whole game. The fact is that the second half performance wouldn't have stood out so much had we not been so poor in the 1st.

Praising the manager for performing for half of the game is baically praising him for doing half of his job.

If the first half performance had been up to scratch then i would have given him credit but, like everything else surrounding Walter Smith, it was once again inconsistent.

True, but, if we had started the 2nd half like we finished the first, there would have been a queue forming to take shots at him though.

I dont mind people not giving him credit, thats up to them, but, I do mind the double standards

True, but, if we had started the 2nd half like we finished the first, there would have been a queue forming to take shots at him though.

I dont mind people not giving him credit, thats up to them, but, I do mind the double standards

And they would have been quite right to do so. As then he would have failed to do his job at all. ;)

I'll give credit where it is due mate, but so far this season Walter Smith has not shown me anything which deserves credit other than the victory at Parkhead. For which i did praise him for at the time.

And they would have been quite right to do so. As then he would have failed to do his job at all. ;)

I'll give credit where it is due mate, but so far this season Walter Smith has not shown me anything which deserves credit other than the victory at Parkhead. For which i did praise him for at the time.

haha, thats my point, he is in a no win situation mate

baby steps! One bit at a time. We need as many positives as we can get at the moment

I am hoping that half time yesterday was a catalyst for the rest of the season. Maybe Walter found some of his old fire, and, actually let rip? Certainly seemed that way. Perhaps, Novo was hung on the peg?

haha, thats my point, he is in a no win situation mate

baby steps! One bit at a time. We need as many positives as we can get at the moment

I am hoping that half time yesterday was a catalyst for the rest of the season. Maybe Walter found some of his old fire, and, actually let rip? Certainly seemed that way. Perhaps, Novo was hung on the peg?

I highly doubt it mate. For most of last season we played terrible in the first half before coming out and performig much better in the 2nd. I haven't seen a match since Parkhead where we have been good over the full 90 minute. We are either terrible in the first half, terrible in the second half or terrible for the entire game.

Maybe it is just the way i see it in my typically pescimistic manner but it certainly does seem that he cannot inspire the players to turn in a great performance which last the entire game.

Because some, for whatever reason, blindly hate the manager and would never give him credit for anything, as I said before.

'for whatever reason' - are you actually for real? have you seen what wally has done to the team? million wasted, players out of position, kaunus, behind a joke of a celtic team, fluked his way to uefa final and then humiliated us in front of the whole of europe by playing for pens... etc..etc...

'for whatever reason' - are you actually for real? have you seen what wally has done to the team? million wasted, players out of position, kaunus, behind a joke of a celtic team, fluked his way to uefa final and then humiliated us in front of the whole of europe by playing for pens... etc..etc...

Yes, totally for real

Are we as successful as we would LIKE to be? - no

Are we better than we were 18 months ago - pretty much, with a core of young players. Thats good for the future.

Players out of position? - name ONE rangers manager in the last 20 years that hasnt?

We have been second for the best part of 10 years, sadly, yet, this is all Smiths fault?

I didnt feel humiliated to be in a Euro final for the first time in HOW long? I never expected to get there, never mind win, especially with that squad, it was an over achievement.

You seem to have a very strange wayof supporting the club, for what ever reason, good for you. Have you ever made a positive post? They all seem to be generally personal attacks on players, management and the club as a whole. Most people manage some balance