Walter Smith

BallochBear

I expect this will be controversial but WS gets lots of stick on here for his tactical nous and general management of the team, but he must have done something right as there was a marked improvement in the 2nd half performance today.

So for once how about some praise for Walter.

Tin hat on!

:unionflag: :rangers: :unionflag:

He must have said something right.

You have to wonder why it takes till the second half for us to show up when we are playing against the team at the bottom of the league and have the opportunity to close the gap on the scum.

It did seem something changed at half time, whoever it was, Smith, Mccoist or even dare i say Barry? Did well.

Like i said in the match thread, Smith probably told them to buck up and score a goal or Adam and McCulloch would take their places next week :lol:

Since he came back, the first half has been a non event in 90% of the games. I think we scored about 4 first half goals before Xmas last year! If the players need a bollocking after every first 45 mins there must be serious motivational problems before the games and so Smith is only fixing the bad prep he has given to games.

Yeah, he told Barry to get injured, Novo to beat 2-3 men and for Davis to back heel the ball to an advancing Mendes.

However, Mendes decision to curl a beauty into the top hand corner of the net was nothing to do with Walter Smith. :craphead:

Yeah, he told Barry to get injured, Novo to beat 2-3 men and for Davis to back heel the ball to an advancing Mendes.

However, Mendes decision to curl a beauty into the top hand corner of the net was nothing to do with Walter Smith. :craphead:

aye that was mccoist :mutley:

I expect this will be controversial but WS gets lots of stick on here for his tactical nous and general management of the team, but he must have done something right as there was a marked improvement in the 2nd half performance today.

Tin hat on!

Don't be ridiculous BB, why would Walter get credit for anything? <cr>

On here, it's more likely the boot boys buffed their boots up in a better way than that Walter's team talk had the desired effect. For the record, if it goes wrong, it's Walter/SDM's fault. If it goes right, it's because Pedro Mendes is God. Please don't ask such ridiculous questions again. :craphead:

Absolutely not, his team should have been at the races from the first whistle. Performing for one half isn't good enough as has been proved already this season at Tannadice, Celtic at Ibrox, Rugby Park and Pittodrie where we have either come out slow or fallen away after half time.

Consistency is the key aspect which is missing from everything surrounding our team at the moment. The only way that Walter will get any credit from me is if we can consitently win games, home and away, aswell as performing for the full 90 minutes.

Tin hat on!

we were playing caley thistle mate. he deserves no praise. kaunus, £20 mill + wasted, cronies always playing, players out of position, still 5 points behind a rubbish celtic...etc etc etc

We played for 15 minutes in the second half, the first 5 and the last 10. 3 - 0 flattered us. Great to get 3 points and 3 goals for the goal difference but I would not think that our overall performance today was worthy of praise for Walter.

Every time there is a close up of Wattie, he looks like he's in a daze!

Almost as if he's been taken over by an alien...!!

Shit..maybe he has...and thats why everyones played outa position!

Seriously..he always looks like he wishes he was somewhere else.

Do i get credit for doing my job the way it should be done......eh NO!!!!

Walter should be slated for still having no width in the team,for bringing on Burke, a right winger , and playing him on the left.For playing a striker as a left winger and playing Barry ferguson ,who has done fuck all for 2 seasons.

Will he get credit for signing Lee Wilkie ,Playing Broadfoot,making McCulloch a centre half,never playing our talented youngsters,playing Lafferty at left wing,playing Adam against Celtic.............i'm sorry 1 good half time team talk against the leagues worst side doesn't do it for me.

Tin hat on!

Don't be ridiculous BB, why would Walter get credit for anything? <cr>

On here, it's more likely the boot boys buffed their boots up in a better way than that Walter's team talk had the desired effect. For the record, if it goes wrong, it's Walter/SDM's fault. If it goes right, it's because Pedro Mendes is God. Please don't ask such ridiculous questions again. :craphead:

:mutley: seems you were right

Walter will be dammed by some no matter what he does - even if he wins the league some will cast up failings - such is the support of the modern football managers. Strapon has won 3 leagues in a row and still a whack of their fans don't like him. Go figure. Asrne Wegner is starting to get slated by some ArseNil fans - Go figure. If Man U dont win the league fans will say fergie is past it - Go figure. As for Scolari - he has yet to prove himself!! Go figure!

Walter will be dammed by some no matter what he does - even if he wins the league some will cast up failings - such is the support of the modern football managers. Strapon has won 3 leagues in a row and still a whack of their fans don't like him. Go figure. Asrne Wegner is starting to get slated by some ArseNil fans - Go figure. If Man U dont win the league fans will say fergie is past it - Go figure. As for Scolari - he has yet to prove himself!! Go figure!

So point nout how spending £28m and still being second to a shit Celtic side is success.

How playing poor players like Adam,McCulloch,Broadfoot and Whittaker is success.

Playing Lafferty and Novo who are strikers as wingers.

Playing Ferguson every game when he has been our most overrated player in the past 2 years

Having Beasley,Burke and Aarron as wingers yet plays strikers there.

Plays with 4 centre halves at the back,a central midfielder as right winger and a right footed striker as left winger and wonders why we're 5 points behind the worst celtic side since Liam Brady was in charge.

Go Figure

Praise for his half time team talk? Are you having a laugh?

He shouldn’t have to wait till half time to dish out some much needed verbal, he should be on hand to do that throughout the game, not sitting chatting to his little monkey Durant. I mean answer me this question, how many top flight European managers chose to sit for almost the entire game in the stands? Would you see Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho or the likes sitting in the director’s box week in week out?

Managers these days are sent to the stands as a punishment FFS and yet the great Walter chooses to sit there of his own free will.

Anyway the change in our performance second half yesterday IMO had fu.ck all to do with whatever Walter did or didn’t say at half time. Yes we scored early on but putting Mendes wonder strike to one side we didn’t look like scoring until Mendes went off injured and Davis was put into the middle.

IMO this is what changed the game for us, once Davis had adopted his favoured central midfield role we looked like a different side. Instead of having two centre mids trying to play little one-two’s with each other or getting in each others way we had a guy who wanted to be more direct, run at the Calley defence and actually take the game to them.

This was a change that was forced upon Walter and one which I hope he looks at in the future (which i doubt), Davis in the middle with either Ferguson or Mendes looks a far more balanced and effective combination.

So point nout how spending £28m and still being second to a shit Celtic side is success.

How playing poor players like Adam,McCulloch,Broadfoot and Whittaker is success.

Playing Lafferty and Novo who are strikers as wingers.

Playing Ferguson every game when he has been our most overrated player in the past 2 years

Having Beasley,Burke and Aarron as wingers yet plays strikers there.

Plays with 4 centre halves at the back,a central midfielder as right winger and a right footed striker as left winger and wonders why we're 5 points behind the worst celtic side since Liam Brady was in charge.

Go Figure

That is all fine, the thing is, as with a few of our players, the attitude seems to be, its fine to slate, yet, when things go right, or are god, it should be expected so no praise, or rather, compliments should be given?

Some people need to learn some balance, its not a crime to say well done, or, good job.

Why do so many fail to either read a post or fail to understand what is said.

What I asked was is he due any praise for the 2nd half performance, not the whole game, not how much he's spent, not being 2nd to Smellik, not whether anyone else gets praised at work etc. etc.

:rangers: :unionflag: :rangers: