Ferguson

fraser77

5 games !

i thought barry was excellant panathanikos away last year!

celtic 3-0 game he was outstanding !

stuttgart away i thought he had a great game !

stuttgart at home as well he had a great game !

dundee united game on may the 10th i think it was i thought he dictated the game to great effect !

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

davis is one in my opinion fans seem to have to much of a soft spot for wen hes bad jst because hes from northern irleand they givehim an easy time of it not denying hes a smashing player bt hes been rotten past 4 /5 weeks slightly better towards end f caley game ! bt no one gets on his back they all seem to blame barry

barry s the reason davis has fell below his performance , earlier in season steve ,thommo ,mendes were flying then we cunt walks back into team because of the sad injury to thommo and everything has to go through him and slows the the whole team down going forward ,mendes in old firm game looked lost not knowing when barry would pass to him . davis gets pushed wide to keep barry happy so im sorry if your not happy with my opinion but i have asked at least 100 bears during xmas period and they all think the same as me .do a poll please and we will see . i know where youre coming from mate i wish we all did sing from same hymn sheet on this, but barry has split this club for years . he won two years ago with plg this time im not so sure.

davis is one in my opinion fans seem to have to much of a soft spot for wen hes bad jst because hes from northern irleand they givehim an easy time of it not denying hes a smashing player bt hes been rotten past 4 /5 weeks slightly better towards end f caley game ! bt no one gets on his back they all seem to blame barry

barry s the reason davis has fell below his performance , earlier in season steve ,thommo ,mendes were flying then we cunt walks back into team because of the sad injury to thommo and everything has to go through him and slows the the whole team down going forward ,mendes in old firm game looked lost not knowing when barry would pass to him . davis gets pushed wide to keep barry happy so im sorry if your not happy with my opinion but i have asked at least 100 bears during xmas period and they all think the same as me .do a poll please and we will see . i know where youre coming from mate i wish we all did sing from same hymn sheet on this, but barry has split this club for years . he won two years ago with plg this time im not so sure.

Barry is not the reason Davis has not been performing... It would be naive to think personal circumstance have not impacted Davis' performance on the pitch

Completely no point in selling him in January,we would be significantly weakening our title challenge.What would then happen if we sold him and Mendes/Davis got injured for a while?we would be weak at centre mid,Edu is not equipped to come in to replace Baz or anyother.If we dont win the title chances are Mendes will leave.

Barry is not the reason Davis has not been performing... It would be naive to think personal circumstance have not impacted Davis' performance on the pitch

That's a good point. It can't be a coincidence that his performances have been slightly under par since his loss.

Completely no point in selling him in January,we would be significantly weakening our title challenge.What would then happen if we sold him and Mendes/Davis got injured for a while?we would be weak at centre mid,Edu is not equipped to come in to replace Baz or anyother.If we dont win the title chances are Mendes will leave.

How do you know this?

Rangers captain for me should be outstanding in the majority of games. Not just one or two games, and that was last season!

As much as I want him to do well, and i'll support him whenever he's in a Rangers shirt, its clear to see, he isn't the player he once was and if thats hurting the team then he should move on.

Right before I start one thing that I must state is that I myself do not feel that Barry Ferguson has been performing anywhere near the level in which is expected of a Rangers captain HOWEVER...

We as fans have very short memories! It was not that long ago where we were in a situation in which Ferguson was our shining light! We also must remember the man has led out some total duds in his time and fought tooth and nail to keep us in games where other players gave up...

I am not saying we should keep him however some of the insults about a man who loves the club on here have really puzzled me.

So I ask the question...

How can we as fans turn on one of our own in such a way?...

This is a man who led our club to a UEFA cup final and stood up against the very best on many European nights where other so called "big-game" players hid...

This is a man who has played through the pain barrier in our times of need...

This is a man who many other talented players have deemed "one of Rangers and Scotlands best players"...

Because if he was as good as Davis/Mendes/Ferguson or Thommo he would have made more appearances this season.It is not in our best intrests to sell Ferguson in January plain and simple.Perhaps in the summer but not now.

So what was the point in spending £2.7m on him?

More wasted money by Wally then.

Because if he was as good as Davis/Mendes/Ferguson or Thommo he would have made more appearances this season.It is not in our best intrests to sell Ferguson in January plain and simple.Perhaps in the summer but not now.

So what was the point in spending £2.7m on him?

More wasted money by Wally then.

I think he can become a good player for us time will tell,however we need our strongest 11 out there and with Thommo injured,Ferguson is our best option.

Because our esteemed captain last played well when the Dead Sea was merely ill.

Davis has been our best player this season and much of last.

Absolute BULLSHIT ! Our best player this season has been Mendes and, until his injury, Thomson. Last season Ferguson played through the pain barrier, as he has done for the last 3 seasons , to try and carry the team to success. Maybe his form has went up and down at times but he never hides and i will not listen to all the crap that is being spouted about him, especially from people who write on this forum and don't even go to the games.

I suggest you close your ears then, because I don't get to many games, but I'm about to "spout crap" about him.

Barry has been a great player and a great servant to Rangers in the past. Those days are over now. He is a hindrance on the pitch, and should no longer be playing for Rangers. If we get offered decent money for him, we should grab it. "Playing through the pain barrier," while admirable (it does increase his "Mr Rangers" status :rolleyes: ) hasn't done the team too much good.

The fact is, Barry is now Rangers captain in name alone, he cannot lead the team on the park. It is frustrating him, as you can see, because he still tries to dictate play by demanding the ball all the time, but he can do nothing with it. When was the last time Barry made a seriously telling contribution to a match? In fact, when was the last time Barry made a telling pass during a match?

I take you back just one week to the smelltic game when he played the 2 best passes of the match, 1st one to miller who skied it wide, and the 2nd one to the "lump of wood" that is our number 9 at the start of the 2nd half which if it had went in we would have won that game and we wouldn't be having this discussion !!!!!

The absolute tosh that fergusons not pulling his weight etc hes a bad influence etc and also people saying hes never been great they have a short bloody memory hes pulled us through many a game

jst sick to death with journal upon journal beeing anti rangers and anti barry in this country also the refs as well getting ryt on ma tits time we stood up for ourselves our club and our captain

WE ARE THE PEOPLE ! NO SURRENDER ! :rangers: :unionflag: :rangers: :unionflag:

Lee, is that you?

Because our esteemed captain last played well when the Dead Sea was merely ill.

Davis has been our best player this season and much of last.

Absolute BULLSHIT ! Our best player this season has been Mendes and, until his injury, Thomson. Last season Ferguson played through the pain barrier, as he has done for the last 3 seasons , to try and carry the team to success. Maybe his form has went up and down at times but he never hides and i will not listen to all the crap that is being spouted about him, especially from people who write on this forum and don't even go to the games.

I suggest you close your ears then, because I don't get to many games, but I'm about to "spout crap" about him.

Barry has been a great player and a great servant to Rangers in the past. Those days are over now. He is a hindrance on the pitch, and should no longer be playing for Rangers. If we get offered decent money for him, we should grab it. "Playing through the pain barrier," while admirable (it does increase his "Mr Rangers" status :rolleyes: ) hasn't done the team too much good.

The fact is, Barry is now Rangers captain in name alone, he cannot lead the team on the park. It is frustrating him, as you can see, because he still tries to dictate play by demanding the ball all the time, but he can do nothing with it. When was the last time Barry made a seriously telling contribution to a match? In fact, when was the last time Barry made a telling pass during a match?

I take you back just one week to the smelltic game when he played the 2 best passes of the match, 1st one to miller who skied it wide, and the 2nd one to the "lump of wood" that is our number 9 at the start of the 2nd half which if it had went in we would have won that game and we wouldn't be having this discussion !!!!!

2 decent (hardly exceptional) passes in a match which he used to "step up" to and boss the midfield is scarcely a great defense of Barry, I wouldn't have thought. Would you have said he stood out in that match? Or even played well?

I'm more sick of reading the no-mark columnists like Hugh McDonald constantly refer to Ferguson as 'the best player in the Rangers squad'.

It's like a red rag to a bull, he's not even the best midfielder in the squad any more.