The American All Stars

After reading countless threads filled with transfer news...

I have decided to start a thread with a totally different focus...

Is it just me or do we not have two extremely talented USA internationals on our books. I have to say when we announced the signing of Beasley I really thought Smith had done an exceptionally good bit of business as we were buying a a fit pacey winger with bags of european experience. I also have to admit that when we bought Maurice Edu (a man has been touted in the USA as the next big thing with his reputation even getting him on the front cover of the US version of Fifa09) I was also excited about the direction the club was heading not only in footballing terms but in our marketing value in the USA.

However this season these two players have rarely got near the first team... How can these players be lauded in their own country... yet fail to even make a ripple in the SPL?

They are both pish and if i am not mistaken Edu was signed with the advice of MoJo who as we all know has discovered many a talented player

It's a total myth that Johnston phoned Smith up out of the blue and recommended Edu here and then. Smith had been watching him for months and he actually tried to bring him in during the January window of 2008.

Out of interest, how many times have you actually seen Edu play?

seen him play and its enough for me ,

Aye, but how many times?

Once? Twice?

If you're basing you're judgement on that then it's rather silly to be honest.

Only in Smith's management would Beasley, who eventually looked pretty good in the demolition of Hamilton, be dropped out of sight for the next 5 games.

Especially when you consider the 'this performance could kick-start his season' comments he made after that game. I'd imagine it's a kick in the balls to play well, have the manager publicly compliment your performance, then be dropped for Lee McCulloch.

Only in Smith's management would Beasley, who eventually looked pretty good in the demolition of Hamilton, be dropped out of sight for the next 5 games.

Especially when you consider the 'this performance could kick-start his season' comments he made after that game. I'd imagine it's a kick in the balls to play well, have the manager publicly compliment your performance, then be dropped for Lee McCulloch.

Beasley has been awful all season.

He seems to have lost his touch and compusure and was happy to sit on the fringes of games without really getting involved. No wonder he hasn't been playing

He seems to have lost his touch and compusure and was happy to sit on the fringes of games without really getting involved. No wonder he hasn't been playing

He's been no worse than the others who've played there, and played reasonably well against Hamilton, looking a bit more confident. Surely the most logical thing to do would be to play him in the next game? Regardless of if it's a hard game, Beasley will offer more than McCulloch. Joke of a decision.

He was up until the last two games he played where he looked more like the player he can be. As such it is surprising that he hasn't featured since - even as a sub.

He was up until the last two games he played where he looked more like the player he can be. As such it is surprising that he hasn't featured since - even as a sub.

Does that not suggest that Walter is going to sell him?

After reading countless threads filled with transfer news...

I have decided to start a thread with a totally different focus...

Is it just me or do we not have two extremely talented USA internationals on our books. I have to say when we announced the signing of Beasley I really thought Smith had done an exceptionally good bit of business as we were buying a a fit pacey winger with bags of european experience. I also have to admit that when we bought Maurice Edu (a man has been touted in the USA as the next big thing with his reputation even getting him on the front cover of the US version of Fifa09) I was also excited about the direction the club was heading not only in footballing terms but in our marketing value in the USA.

However this season these two players have rarely got near the first team... How can these players be lauded in their own country... yet fail to even make a ripple in the SPL?

They haven't been given an inkling of a chance. Charlie Adam has received more than one. Blows you away when you think about it.

Beasley seems to have lost his confidence and needs to go to the only place where he will be given the oppurtunity to work through it and regain form...MLS.

Mo will be okay if and when he gets over the culture shock thing...he may not be given that time though.

edus seems too be a daisy boy at times with comments like hes missing the sunshine of amercia , would you care about the weather if you were gettin his weekly wage ? :lol: beasley has too bulk up

Ridiculous. Edu was asked what he missed about home and he replied the sunshine. Novo said the same thing when he was at Raith Rovers and Cuellar also said something along those lines.

well if he's that good hows he no gettin game he admitted in the news a while a go he was finding training harder than a actual match in america :rolleyes:

The fact these guys haven't played falls squarely on Walter. After the Hamilton game, I remember Walter coming out and saying that DMB's season would be kickstarted by his performance that day, and he's been frozen out ever since, which is peculiar.

And just because they might not be playing doesn't mean they're "gash." You don't get 75-80 caps like Beasley without having some talent, and you don't become the #1 pick in the MLS Draft like Edu if you're garbage.

edus seems too be a daisy boy at times with comments like hes missing the sunshine of amercia , would you care about the weather if you were gettin his weekly wage ? :lol: beasley has too bulk up

Ridiculous. Edu was asked what he missed about home and he replied the sunshine. Novo said the same thing when he was at Raith Rovers and Cuellar also said something along those lines.

well if he's that good hows he no gettin game he admitted in the news a while a go he was finding training harder than a actual match in america :rolleyes:

If you can find evidence of him saying that then please show me. Him saying he was surprised by how fast and physical the game is here is not the same as him saying he's struggling or having problems. Against Killie, while not brilliant, he certainly did not look out of his depth.

If you can find evidence of him saying that then please show me. Him saying he was surprised by how fast and physical the game is here is not the same as him saying he's struggling or having problems. Against Killie, while not brilliant, he certainly did not look out of his depth.

cant remember where i saw it but al have a look :unsure:

I liked Beasley in Europe for us, I dont think he's best suited to the SPL though. I've liked what I've seen from Edu, he's got talent and he's also got age on his side. Once he settles more and gets given more of a chance in the 1st team I think he can be a great player for us

I mremember him making some comment too. Nevertheless when Thommo was injured Edu should have had a start NOT an unfit Barry. Beasley has a lot of experience and his confidence dipped after serious injury and traveling all over with the USA team. Both deserve a decent chance as does Aaron. Walter needs to reconsider some of his choices and get away from Adam, McCulloch, Whittaker in midfield.

Beasley seems to have lost his confidence and needs to go to the only place where he will be given the oppurtunity to work through it and regain form...MLS.

Mo will be okay if and when he gets over the culture shock thing...he may not be given that time though.

No way Beasley plays in MLS anytime soon, he'll be offered a contract with a mid table side in La Liga or the Eredivisie before you can snap your fingers should Rangers attempt to move him.