The American All Stars

After reading countless threads filled with transfer news...

I have decided to start a thread with a totally different focus...

Is it just me or do we not have two extremely talented USA internationals on our books. I have to say when we announced the signing of Beasley I really thought Smith had done an exceptionally good bit of business as we were buying a a fit pacey winger with bags of european experience. I also have to admit that when we bought Maurice Edu (a man has been touted in the USA as the next big thing with his reputation even getting him on the front cover of the US version of Fifa09) I was also excited about the direction the club was heading not only in footballing terms but in our marketing value in the USA.

However this season these two players have rarely got near the first team... How can these players be lauded in their own country... yet fail to even make a ripple in the SPL?

Beasley has looked useful in some games and extremely poor in others (especially this season where his confidence appears low). However, in his last 2 games (now over a month ago) he played a bit better so I'm surprised he's not featured again since...

Edu looked an interesting signing and in his 2 games this season (yes 2) he did well so again I'm surprised he's not featured more; especially since Thomson got injured. Of course it can be argued that he should not have been signed in the first place and given his cost, our financial problems, existing cover and his lack of games; that argument is a strong one.

Because they are never given a chance to shine in the SPL. Beasely would do a job for us on the left and i believe he would be a good wee player for us if he could stay injury free for a long period of time. Never seen enough of Edu to comment but he has looked good on the rare occasions he has played

because there gash

Absolue nonsense.

Ok, so Beasley hasnt has the best of times at the club, but having watched him at International level he does have something to offer if he can get his confidence back and have a run in the team.

As for Edu, i have no doubts that in the next few years he is going to be a very good player indeed

because there gash

Absolue nonsense.

Ok, so Beasley hasnt has the best of times at the club, but having watched him at International level he does have something to offer if he can get his confidence back and have a run in the team.

As for Edu, i have no doubts that in the next few years he is going to be a very good player indeed

to be fair i have to agree that i think that edu may well come good once he has adapted to the scottish game.

beasley however is a different kettle of fish.talented player he may well be but he is simply NOT cut out for the game in this country.He can't cope with the physical intensity of the spl,in europe it is a differnt matter as i believe he is a good out ball when we play counter attack and his style is more suited to this type of football.For those reasons I feel it would be best to sell dmb and cut our losses.

Is it just me or do we not have two extremely talented USA internationals on our books. I have to say when we announced the signing of Beasley I really thought Smith had done an exceptionally good bit of business as we were buying a a fit pacey winger with bags of european experience. I also have to admit that when we bought Maurice Edu (a man has been touted in the USA as the next big thing with his reputation even getting him on the front cover of the US version of Fifa09) I was also excited about the direction the club was heading not only in footballing terms but in our marketing value in the USA.

However this season these two players have rarely got near the first team... How can these players be lauded in their own country... yet fail to even make a ripple in the SPL?

They are both pish and if i am not mistaken Edu was signed with the advice of MoJo who as we all know has discovered many a talented player

They are both pish and if i am not mistaken Edu was signed with the advice of MoJo who as we all know has discovered many a talented player

How can two internationals... from a country with a population of 300 million be pish?... <cr>

I disagree. In the 2 games he has played Edu looked raw but he also looked useful enough and one could see he looked to have the required potential to do well.

Why he hasn't played more is baffling though.

How can two internationals... from a country with a population of 300 million be pish?... <cr>

America , 300 million its true , and we all know how there football sorry soccer sets the world alight money spent on both more than the current 3 mill we seek .

and they are pish , Beasley has done what for us .... remind and Edu is so great he cant get a game , if he is that good even old doddery walter couldnt not use him

The jury has to be out on Edu simply due to the fact he hasn't had a decent run in the first team (although with some of the other shite that's being played i don't know why not)

Beasley is a lightweight and unless WS is brave enough to use him as an out and out winger, we will never see the best of him.

It's a total myth that Johnston phoned Smith up out of the blue and recommended Edu here and then. Smith had been watching him for months and he actually tried to bring him in during the January window of 2008.

Out of interest, how many times have you actually seen Edu play?

It's a total myth that Johnston phoned Smith up out of the blue and recommended Edu here and then. Smith had been watching him for months and he actually tried to bring him in during the January window of 2008.

seen him play and its enough for me ,

edus seems too be a daisy boy at times with comments like hes missing the sunshine of amercia , would you care about the weather if you were gettin his weekly wage ? :lol: beasley has too bulk up

Ridiculous. Edu was asked what he missed about home and he replied the sunshine. Novo said the same thing when he was at Raith Rovers and Cuellar also said something along those lines.

America , 300 million its true , and we all know how there football sorry soccer sets the world alight money spent on both more than the current 3 mill we seek .

and they are pish , Beasley has done what for us .... remind and Edu is so great he cant get a game , if he is that good even old doddery walter couldnt not use him

Your ignorance astounds me... do you even watch international football... <_<

seen him play and its enough for me ,

Fair enough if you just don't fancy the boy, but the consensus was that he done well enough in his two appearences and i personally subscribed to that.

Sean Wheelock was raving about him just again the other week. He actually guarenteed that he'll be a mainstay of the US side for years to come.

when we signed Edu I watched some of the videos featuring him on youtube and he looked like a solid player. I know these vids only show the best bits but I believe that he will grow to be a great player for us.

Beasley is a good athletic winger but has been producing pretty sub-standard performances in the games he has featured in. Although interestingly enough he has been very consistent in the reserves games he has apperaed in.

I can't say i subscribe to this view of Beasley being too lightweight for the SPL. In this league a pacey skillful player is just what we should be looking for. To be fair having said that he hasn't totally proven himself but it would definitely be worth giving him a decent run on the left wing.

Walter would do well to give both these guys an extended run out.

We may not have footie on the front burner here in the states but up until about age 22 our boys and girls have plenty of exposure through the local town and county clubs through college/university level. Once out of there though, it's slim pickens for them if they don't get into the MLS.

I would love to see these two get more chances but Walter is Walter isn't he.