If 50,000 gers fans invested £1000 could we buy the club?

mark1963

How does it work at Barca? Is their system simular or am i on a totally different wave length?

Great point mate.

Its actually not truth be told.

There is a gulf of diference between Barcelona and Rangers. £60 million per year guaranteed on TV, Shirt and CL money for a start.

Also any actual research into the Barcelona model will show you it doesn't actually work and has had to be bailed out plenty of times

Why i was asking, never knew how it worked, or if it did.

IMO it wouldn't work here, but what if the option came along to buy a x% of the club, with another buyer taking the larger %. That way we wouldn't have to keep paying £'s, but would get a major say in the runnings of the club.

Dont know much about shares issues boards or trusts but in principle if 50,000 bears shell out a grand apiece raising £50 mil or so could we shift Murray - obviously it would open up another debate on running the club/shares etc but raising £50 mil or so could he be bought out ?

50.000 x £1,000 = £50,000

or am i missing summit here

:lol:

My financial insight is limited, but the annual report tells me that Murray has 99,801,034 shares. Absolutely no idea how much each share is worth though.

Each share is worth 48 pence so SDM shares are worth £47.9 million if your total shares figure above is accurate.

However, the 48 pence is a a trad figure the commoners use as opposed to a big player buying out SDM. SDM can ask what he wants for the shares which could in real terms be £1 or a Penny per share. (tu)

Dont know much about shares issues boards or trusts but in principle if 50,000 bears shell out a grand apiece raising £50 mil or so could we shift Murray - obviously it would open up another debate on running the club/shares etc but raising £50 mil or so could he be bought out ?

This is an idea i've been putting forward for the last 5 - 6 yrs!

My one is each putting £3,000 to get £150 M - some to get shot of Murray (and the debt he's landed on us) and some for increasing the capacity to 70,000 and the rest for the team. (of course some of the 50,000 fans would put up more, some less... as long as no one got more than 10% of the shares we can hold off another Murray situation for at least 25-50 yrs...) :rangers: :bouncy:

Obvious the problem lies with getting the club from Murray as if he knows there's £150 M in our kitty he'd be looking for much more than he's entitled! In view of that i'd have it so we give him exactly what he's invested (minus the money we need to square away the debt he's incurred for us) and no more! THIS IS IMPORTANT - THAT MAN SHOULD'NT WALK AWAY WITH POCKETS BULGING WHEN YOU THINK OF WHAT HE'S TOOK FROM US FOR HIS COMPANIES, HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

One really important factor is that he can't have any of his paws on anything from RFC and that includes Auchenhowie!! (My opinion is that he'll try to feed off us even after he goes, probably by trying to keep ownership of the Auchenhowie land).

The one thing we need to understand though is that NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL PUT MONEY INTO RANGERS WHILE THAT PARASITIC CAPITALIST REMAINS!! :barf:

This is an idea i've been putting forward for the last 5 - 6 yrs!

My one is each putting £3,000 to get £150 M - some to get shot of Murray (and the debt he's landed on us) and some for increasing the capacity to 70,000 and the rest for the team. (of course some of the 50,000 fans would put up more, some less...) :rangers: :bouncy:

Obvious the problem lies with getting the club from Murray as if he knows there's £150 M in our kitty he'd be looking for much more than he's entitled! In view of that i'd have it so we give him exactly what he's invested (minus the money we need to square away the debt he's incurred for us) and no more! THIS IS IMPORTANT - THAT MAN SHOULD'NT WALK AWAY WITH POCKETS BULGING WHEN YOU THINK OF WHAT HE'S TOOK FROM US FOR HIS COMPANIES, HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

One really important factor is that he can't have any of his paws on anything from RFC and that includes Auchenhowie!! (My opinion is that he'll try to feed off us even after he goes, probably by trying to keep ownership of the Auchenhowie land).

The one thing we need to understand though is that NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL PUT MONEY INTO RANGERS WHILE THAT PARASITIC CAPITALIST REMAINS!! :barf:

Murray will NEVER recoup the money he has spent in Rangers. Keyboard "accountants" can spin all the shite and lies, but take it from me, and The Boss if you dont believe me, Murray has pissed a great fortune up the wall in Rangers and the money he has spent could have made him 3 and 4 times his investment if spent elsewhere.

Not every Rangers fan would pay the 3 grand you mentioned above though.

Everyone will be different - personally, I could/would cough up more,but as I say, the big factor for me (and i'm sure lots) is that it just doesn't go into HIS pockets, THAT'S NOT A PULL FOR RANGERS FANS!

what about some kind of donation fee at home games? Up to a tenner per person? say only 25,000 people do it, at 15 home games, thats £3.75M?... what if the board promised that Rangers fans could spend that money on a transfer of their wish?

bit farfetched but just a thought :P

Technically speaking, 50,000 bears could get together and go to Murray with an offer of £50 million for his shares but as has happened before, Murray doesnt have to sell them.

If he did, then Rangers would be up shit creek, so lets hope he continutes waiting on the RIGHT person to buy the club over. (tu)

Until when ?

Rangers can run quite successfully with in its own rights.

Do you honestly believe Desmot tin pot is keeping Celtc afloat ?

Technically speaking, 50,000 bears could get together and go to Murray with an offer of £50 million for his shares but as has happened before, Murray doesnt have to sell them.

If he did, then Rangers would be up shit creek, so lets hope he continutes waiting on the RIGHT person to buy the club over. (tu)

Until when ?

Rangers can run quite successfully with in its own rights.

Do you honestly believe Desmot tin pot is keeping Celtc afloat ?

On what grounds can you make your first assertion ? If we all chip in and pay SDM his £50 million, what happens to the £25 million debt and who is going to cough up the £10/15 million every year for the manager to spend on players ?

I dont believe Desmot keeps Timmy afloat but all the millions the gullibleCSC pumped in to the club in their 100 share issues as well as the season ticket money being on average £4 million annualy more than us helps them along the way.

Add to that he is competing against a total DICK of a manager in Smith and he doesnt need to dig deep.

Bottom line is that we could be sitting £5 million in the bank if we had handed Smith no fucking money at all, and we would still have not won the league, so no worse off than what we are the now. (tu)