If 50,000 gers fans invested £1000 could we buy the club?

mark1963

Dont know much about shares issues boards or trusts but in principle if 50,000 bears shell out a grand apiece raising £50 mil or so could we shift Murray - obviously it would open up another debate on running the club/shares etc but raising £50 mil or so could he be bought out ?

Dont know much about shares issues boards or trusts but in principle if 50,000 bears shell out a grand apiece raising £50 mil or so could we shift Murray - obviously it would open up another debate on running the club/shares etc but raising £50 mil or so could he be bought out ?

Then there is the money needed for wages,transfers,running costs, off setting the running losses we make every year.

Count me out.

Technically speaking, 50,000 bears could get together and go to Murray with an offer of £50 million for his shares but as has happened before, Murray doesnt have to sell them.

If he did, then Rangers would be up shit creek, so lets hope he continutes waiting on the RIGHT person to buy the club over. (tu)

How does it work at Barca? Is their system simular or am i on a totally different wave length?

Great point mate.

Its actually not truth be told.

There is a gulf of diference between Barcelona and Rangers. £60 million per year guaranteed on TV, Shirt and CL money for a start.

50.000 x £1,000 = £50,000

or am i missing summit here

A Calculator?

a brain?

How does it work at Barca? Is their system simular or am i on a totally different wave length?

Great point mate.

Its actually not truth be told.

There is a gulf of diference between Barcelona and Rangers. £60 million per year guaranteed on TV, Shirt and CL money for a start.

Also any actual research into the Barcelona model will show you it doesn't actually work and has had to be bailed out plenty of times

And this is another reason why this kind of idea is doomed.

:mutley:

davie get a grip man,,,, :mutley:

The idea of the topic was to stimulate debate about getting the club out of Murrays hands - £50 M generated should clear the debt and buy out Murray ( he'd maybe be a gentleman and leave a bit in the kitty ) the club would then need to be run within its means for a spell with the onus on the new set up to generate investment and financial prudence/ stability - cant see the manager at the mo as the man for this period - anyho - just pie in the sky for now.

All things come to an end and I firmly believe SDM has been there at least a couple of years too long - I dont see any takers coming along to buy him out so I only thought that it would maybe come down to the fans who really care actually having to bail out our club - I am not advocatting us donating to SDM/current set up I am saying that as condition of any investment they have to depart.

And this is another reason why this kind of idea is doomed.

:mutley:

:lol: