Kris Boyd or Fernando Torres

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Hartson is actually becoming a bit of a timmy handwringer.

You know, the ones among us who are accused of self hate and pandering to timmy?

He seems to be pandering to us instead.

Boyd/Torres?

Don't get me wrong, the guarantee issue is actually kinda true - big stars have failed to shine in Scotland despite their reputations - look at Flo, Graveson...

And he's dead on the nose that the goals against the diddies are the ones which win the league.

But to say, with a straight face, that he would rather have Kris Boyd in his SPL side than maybe the world's best striker?

Words fail me.

Obviously not.

Something I've always wanted to ask, but imagine Boyd could bring himself to earn a regular starting place AND score regular goals against Celtic.

Instead of Smith having to re-jig his front line because his 'star striker' has a woeful record against our biggest rivals, Boyd could (and should) have scored some important goals against Celtic by now.

Given the margain was so small last season, I wish Boyd had scored then, against Celtic when it mattered.

John Hartson is actually becoming a bit of a timmy handwringer.

You know, the ones among us who are accused of self hate and pandering to timmy?

He seems to be pandering to us instead.

Boyd/Torres?

Don't get me wrong, the guarantee issue is actually kinda true - big stars have failed to shine in Scotland despite their reputations - look at Flo, Graveson...

And he's dead on the nose that the goals against the diddies are the ones which win the league.

But to say, with a straight face, that he would rather have Kris Boyd in his SPL side than maybe the world's best striker?

Words fail me.

Obviously not.

Something I've always wanted to ask, but imagine Boyd could bring himself to earn a regular starting place AND score regular goals against Celtic.

Instead of Smith having to re-jig his front line because his 'star striker' has a woeful record against our biggest rivals, Boyd could (and should) have scored some important goals against Celtic by now.

Given the margain was so small last season, I wish Boyd had scored then, against Celtic when it mattered.

Or another spin is to look at the last game of last season. Celtic won the league thanks to them beating a supposedly lesser team in Dundee United. That is the game which ultimately won them the league. Obviously we lost so it didn't matter so much, but the point is clear.

If it wasn't for Boyd's goals, I'm curious to see where we'd currently be in the league. 48 goals we have, 20 are Boyd's.

Or another spin is to look at the last game of last season. Celtic won the league thanks to them beating a supposedly lesser team in Dundee United. That is the game which ultimately won them the league. Obviously we lost so it didn't matter so much, but the point is clear.

If it wasn't for Boyd's goals, I'm curious to see where we'd currently be in the league. 48 goals we have, 20 are Boyd's.

I never understand it when people claim particular games win us the league or don't win us the league. Every point matters, regardless of who it's against. Your example is an odd one, given that if we'd taken even 4 points from the two games at Parkhead we'd have most likely won the league. It just depends which games you make an example of.