Are you happy with SDM

MrT

Are you happy with the job SDM is doing  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes
    • No

I did, its pis'h!! :5536:

Really, so you're saying we don't have any good youth players now? Cause I think we do, when Fleck came on against St Johnstone the other night, I thought he did a lot better than some of the other players did for the whole match. Would have loved Wilson to get some time on the pitch, and we have a brilliant right back on loan at Hamilton at the moment, Archie Campbell is a brilliant striker, Low should/could be brought back and given a chance, and I'm sure others can point out more youth players.

This didn't happen over night, it's taken about 3 or 4 years for these guys to get to this standard and receive recognition, they are there now, and I would like to see some of them get games, actually starting games that is, obviously not all of them at the same time, but a couple in the starting line up, this isn't 10,15,20 years into the future this is now.

Murray park has been open for about 7 years give or take and all we have had has been Hutton and Shagger. most of our youth players are of an ok standard but the coaching is awful and coupled with the fact we have a manager who will never play youth (Nearly wrecked Ferguson's career) and will play duds like Dailly, McCulloch etc before the likes of a Fleck or a Low.

These players are not progressing from youth team to first team due to the poor standard of coaching in Scotland and their lack of technical skills like their european counterparts.

First class training complex and 2nd class coaching.

Look at our first team not one amongst them who can take a decent corner with Davis and Adam the worst sinners. What is the point of a training complex if it is not used to improve things like this?

First and foremost, Murray Park was created as a training facility, it had nothing to do with the implementation of a decent youth programme and set up, that is an important factor which people seem to forget. There had been a very large gap between our original youth programme (or lack of ) compared to what we have now, and this shows in the results, prior to the last two seasons where our youngsters have won the double double, I can't actually remember the last time they won a trophy!

Even the post you have quoted I have said I want some of these guys to get a game, and I have only given a possible reason as to why not. Again you would have to ask Walter directly why he doesn't give them a chance.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be a case of "the devil you know" here. SDM has put a lot of money into the Club - I know this will cause howls of protest, but face facts.

Can you give me those FACTS ?

I keep hearing how he funded 9IAR when that simply isn't true.

He has invested at least 80 million…..

he has put £60m into the club.

PIB.

We had an excellent youth team more than two years a go....

What does that tell you ?

It tells me that Uncle Walter isn't willing to give them a chance, as I've said all along, not that we don't have/didn't have good youth players. I have put forward a possibility of why he doesn't I don't know if that's the reason or not, you would have to ask him directly.

Here is an example, not of Walter, but of PLG, he actually did play a lot of younger players, and he brought on loan some of the younger players from Man U, how well did we do?

was the cries not GET PLG OUT

most likely the same people that are at it now

Why do you think I used him as an example? :smile:

PIB.

It tells me that Uncle Walter isn't willing to give them a chance, as I've said all along, not that we don't have/didn't have good youth players. I have put forward a possibility of why he doesn't I don't know if that's the reason or not, you would have to ask him directly.

Here is an example, not of Walter, but of PLG, he actually did play a lot of younger players, and he brought on loan some of the younger players from Man U, how well did we do?

He didn't do to well which isn't too baffling considering he spent £3.5million compared to the oceans of money Smith was handed.

Smart investment and proper bleeding of youth can be successful.

I did, its pis'h!! :5536:

Really, so you're saying we don't have any good youth players now? Cause I think we do, when Fleck came on against St Johnstone the other night, I thought he did a lot better than some of the other players did for the whole match. Would have loved Wilson to get some time on the pitch, and we have a brilliant right back on loan at Hamilton at the moment, Archie Campbell is a brilliant striker, Low should/could be brought back and given a chance, and I'm sure others can point out more youth players.

This didn't happen over night, it's taken about 3 or 4 years for these guys to get to this standard and receive recognition, they are there now, and I would like to see some of them get games, actually starting games that is, obviously not all of them at the same time, but a couple in the starting line up, this isn't 10,15,20 years into the future this is now.

Murray park has been open for about 7 years give or take and all we have had has been Hutton and Shagger. most of our youth players are of an ok standard but the coaching is awful and coupled with the fact we have a manager who will never play youth (Nearly wrecked Ferguson's career) and will play duds like Dailly, McCulloch etc before the likes of a Fleck or a Low.

These players are not progressing from youth team to first team due to the poor standard of coaching in Scotland and their lack of technical skills like their european counterparts.

First class training complex and 2nd class coaching.

Look at our first team not one amongst them who can take a decent corner with Davis and Adam the worst sinners. What is the point of a training complex if it is not used to improve things like this?

First and foremost, Murray Park was created as a training facility, it had nothing to do with the implementation of a decent youth programme and set up, that is an important factor which people seem to forget. There had been a very large gap between our original youth programme (or lack of ) compared to what we have now, and this shows in the results, prior to the last two seasons where our youngsters have won the double double, I can't actually remember the last time they won a trophy!

Even the post you have quoted I have said I want some of these guys to get a game, and I have only given a possible reason as to why not. Again you would have to ask Walter directly why he doesn't give them a chance.

Then it is an expensive white elephant we cannot afford. if we do not have a proper youth system in place or use the facilities properly due to the poor coaching staff appointed by Murray then it is useless.

PIB.

thought i would spell it out for the brain :rip:

was the cries not GET PLG OUT

most likely the same people that are at it now

Why do you think I used him as an example? :smile:

Care to hazard a guess as to how much he has gained ?

That's before the prestige of being chairman of Rangers, the elevated public profile that comes with it has helped his companies.

I voted no.

I used to have a higher regard for him, but feel he has become way out of touch from the fans.

Also he has allowed Walter to spend millions on poor players and players he will not even play. As a result the debt has become significant yet again.

Furthermore he does not defend the club and the fans well against sectarianism. He could do a lot better.

When you think back to the fact that ENIC? and Dave King and others gave SDM 60m or more to invest in Rangers it is astonishing we find ourselves so far in debt and financially struggling.

Is there another potential buyer out there? I really do not know, but the present management do not appear to me to be doing all they should on our behalf.

I seem to remember when Auchenhowie was opened that both Murray and Advocaat hinted that it would provide a conveyor belt of talented youth.

Did I imagine it ?

Then it is an expensive white elephant we cannot afford. if we do not have a proper youth system in place or use the facilities properly due to the poor coaching staff appointed by Murray then it is useless.

So you would rather have kept the poor facilities we originally had then? Our youth system that was implemented got us the youth double double the last two seasons, that is not the problem, it has and probably always will be Walter's reluctance to play them at a senior level. FFS I think it's McMillan who is on loan at Hamilton just now, he had only stepped up from the under 19s to the reserve squad and had been captaining the reserves. Technically and on a footballing perspective he is already far superior to both Broadfoot and Whittaker as right back, BUT IT IS THE MANAGER OF THE SENIOR TEAM NOT GIVING HIM THE CHANCE NOT THE YOUTH PROGRAMME OR TRAINING.

Care to hazard a guess as to how much he has gained ?

That's before the prestige of being chairman of Rangers, the elevated public profile that comes with it has helped his companies.

Don't really have time to give a detailed answer, but I'll repeat what I wrote elsewhere yesterday:

How much he has taken out is impossible to quantify. There have been a lot of transactions between Rangers and other companies in the MIH group. If they are all at arms length then we don't have anything to complain about, and nobody, other than insiders, would have that information.

However I haven't heard anything that definitively proves he has done something that has made Rangers worse off financially than they would have otherwise been. People make a lot of assumptions but they tend not to be backed up by facts.

That's not to say that he hasn't, just that we can't prove it one way or the other.

I seem to remember when Auchenhowie was opened that both Murray and Advocaat hinted that it would provide a conveyor belt of talented youth.

Did I imagine it ?

"Of even greater significance, I believe that completion of the new £13m Football Centre, ready for the start of the new season in July this year, was the major achievement. We are confident it will be a key part of our strategy to help develop home grown talent as well as benefiting the first team."

SDM 17/11/01

Did I imagine it ?

Probably not, but it was a good couple of years at least from Murray Park opening before some semblance of a decent youth programme got up and running, and I have to say that I think we are now getting a load of talented youth.

Fleck, McMillan, Perry, Wilson, Low, Campbell, Shinnie, Kinniburgh, Wylde and Stirling are some examples, whether or not they all make it as first team players remains to be seen, but they are some of the players I rate, and apart from Low who I think came from Kilmarnock or Aberdeen, I think the others all came through the youth programme, I could be wrong about that part mind you.

Now the seperate youth development company didn't start until 2004, and I think it wasn't until then that a proper youth programme was implemented.

I voted yes.

Mainly because right now there is probably no one out there that will be able to come in and do a better job than he is doing now (thats not a compliment)

However, he really has to start looking for a buyer very seriously if we are to move forward.

But at this very minute, SDM is the only guy we can have at the helm, which is a sad fact.

People can moan or complain all they want but the bottom line is that we are in hard financial times.

I doubt anyone out there besides a few rich arabs could do a better job than SDM.

I ain't happy with the situation that the club i have loved since i was long enough to remember is in but we will get through it.

I voted yes.

Mainly because right now there is probably no one out there that will be able to come in and do a better job than he is doing now (thats not a compliment)

However, he really has to start looking for a buyer very seriously if we are to move forward.

But at this very minute, SDM is the only guy we can have at the helm, which is a sad fact.

That doesn't mean he's doing a good job. (tu)

Well, i would imagine the majority will vote no. How can you vote yes for a chairman who wants to leave? Simple as that, without going into any details or external factors

Quite simple. It is not asking you if you want the chairman to leave, it is asking if you are happy with the job he is doing.

You know fine well that the reason the majority will vote no is that he is doing a dreadful job in charge of us and has done a dreadful job for the last 8 years. Your continued blind support of him despite being shown his many failings and what you can see on and off the park is worthy of a job at Ibrox itself.

I will say again what I feel sums up the whole point quite simply.

To lead us into financial meltdown once could be seen as unlucky, living the dream etc etc etc. To lead us into financial meltdown twice in 8 years is sheer and utter incompetance of the most staggering kind.

What makes that last statement worse in is that at least the first time we had a couple of great years of football to watch to show for it.

:rolleyes: Excuse the language, but, how in the fuck did you dream up that answer mate? haha

Seriously, look through my entire post history and show me where I have ever been a "murray supporter"? I am a rangers fan, not "player x fan", not "manager x fan", not "chairman fan", these people come and go, with some good times and some bad, I dont invest much emotion in them, in Murrays case, I was happy with the job he did around the NIAR times, as were most people, happy with the progress in the structure under advocaat despite the millions spent. Due to that, I wont get into the "financial mismanagement" debate, because we were ALL happy about it at the time, and, not now the tide has turned. The romantic in me hopes we win the league, and e finds a buyer by the end of the season, so he can leave with us as champs on his anniversary year, and, we can go forward with an entirely new structure, but that is all.

did you even READ what I said?

He is a chairman who no longer wants to be in his job, therefore, how can ANYONE be happy? Regardless of the man, or the history he has, or the things he has orhas not done, we have a chairman whos heart isnt in the job, so, ultimately pointless. We cant have "long term goals and ambitions", because, he has none, he has no long term plans to be at the club, why would he spend time on that?

Where the hell you got "blind support" from I will never know, perhaps Jiminez was right about some of our support last night :cheers:

So you would rather have kept the poor facilities we originally had then? Our youth system that was implemented got us the youth double double the last two seasons, that is not the problem, it has and probably always will be Walter's reluctance to play them at a senior level. FFS I think it's McMillan who is on loan at Hamilton just now, he had only stepped up from the under 19s to the reserve squad and had been captaining the reserves. Technically and on a footballing perspective he is already far superior to both Broadfoot and Whittaker as right back, BUT IT IS THE MANAGER OF THE SENIOR TEAM NOT GIVING HIM THE CHANCE NOT THE YOUTH PROGRAMME OR TRAINING.

Who appointed that manager, and the last one, and the one before that and the one before that who he allowed to nearly put us out of business with stupid spending levels. Who was who built it and named it after himself but failed to put in a proper youth system.

One man is responsible for all of this, and Walter in the job is just another example of yet another bad appointment by Murray.

Im abstaining.

Im not happy with his appointment of Smith and his continuing support of him, however people are too quick to criticise him using lies and myths. I also would rather have him than a Romanov type character, which is about the only type of guy who would invest in Scottish football right now.

(tu)

Well, i would imagine the majority will vote no. How can you vote yes for a chairman who wants to leave? Simple as that, without going into any details or external factors

Quite simple. It is not asking you if you want the chairman to leave, it is asking if you are happy with the job he is doing.

You know fine well that the reason the majority will vote no is that he is doing a dreadful job in charge of us and has done a dreadful job for the last 8 years. Your continued blind support of him despite being shown his many failings and what you can see on and off the park is worthy of a job at Ibrox itself.

I will say again what I feel sums up the whole point quite simply.

To lead us into financial meltdown once could be seen as unlucky, living the dream etc etc etc. To lead us into financial meltdown twice in 8 years is sheer and utter incompetance of the most staggering kind.

What makes that last statement worse in is that at least the first time we had a couple of great years of football to watch to show for it.

:rolleyes: Excuse the language, but, how in the fuck did you dream up that answer mate? haha

Seriously, look through my entire post history and show me where I have ever been a "murray supporter"? I am a rangers fan, not "player x fan", not "manager x fan", not "chairman fan", these people come and go, with some good times and some bad, I dont invest much emotion in them, in Murrays case, I was happy with the job he did around the NIAR times, as were most people, happy with the progress in the structure under advocaat despite the millions spent. Due to that, I wont get into the "financial mismanagement" debate, because we were ALL happy about it at the time, and, not now the tide has turned. The romantic in me hopes we win the league, and e finds a buyer by the end of the season, so he can leave with us as champs on his anniversary year, and, we can go forward with an entirely new structure, but that is all.

did you even READ what I said?

He is a chairman who no longer wants to be in his job, therefore, how can ANYONE be happy? Regardless of the man, or the history he has, or the things he has orhas not done, we have a chairman whos heart isnt in the job, so, ultimately pointless. We cant have "long term goals and ambitions", because, he has none, he has no long term plans to be at the club, why would he spend time on that?

Where the hell you got "blind support" from I will never know, perhaps Jiminez was right about some of our support last night :cheers:

He asked you a question and you swerved it. No pretense here, I don't want a long winded post....

Do we deserve better ?

He asked you a question and you swerved it. No pretense here, I don't want a long winded post....

Do we deserve better ?

No swerve, I answered it, the obvious answer is no, of course I am not happy, my point was, who CAN be happy?

as for deserving better, I will abstain haha

Do we deserve better ?

No swerve, I answered it, the obvious answer is no, of course I am not happy, my point was, who CAN be happy?

You sitting on the fence again Outlaw? :tongue:

Do we deserve better ?

You sitting on the fence again Outlaw? :tongue:

:biggrin: aye. I dont like the phrase mate, bit like "England expects", just dont like it. I also dont know if we deserve it. SOME of us do, without a doubt. I think we have the best away support in the world who should be lauded :cheers:;)