Naismith today, reaction from midweek?

pcbear

Naismith ran himself into the ground mid week and is just recovering from injury, he needs time.

One minute Walt gets slated for bringing Fergie back too quickly, now he is at fault for not starting Naismith in two games in a week when he has been out for a long long time.

Walt had other options off the bench today like Aaron so gave Stevie a rest. He may even of had a knock.

Honestly I don't get some people.

Naismith ran himself into the ground mid week and is just recovering from injury, he needs time.

One minute Walt gets slated for bringing Fergie back too quickly, now he is at fault for not starting Naismith in two games in a week when he has been out for a long long time.

Walt had other options off the bench today like Aaron so gave Stevie a rest. He may even of had a knock.

I thought Naismith was our top player on Tuesday, its not a dig at Smith ( who said he would be involved today) i hope its just a rest required and not a flare up of the injury.

It's just baffling why he wasn't even on the bench today. Smith's got this tendancy to give a player a game one week, then drop them from the squad for weeks! If Naismith is fit enough to play over an hour in a game, then surely he's ready to at least be on the bench!

Smith's now deservedly beng praised for starting Fleck, lets hope he doesn't do what he's done so many times and leave him out all together....that's not progressing Naismith's recovery at all! (tu)

If Naismith was fit he should,ve been at least on the bench, while we are all glad to see Fleck getting a game and not b4 time, Naismith was one of our best players midweek.

I wasnt at the game but listened to it on the radio, and going by the comentary it sound as if Miller was rank AGAIN, this is the man who needs dropping but Smith will not do that, and it wont be long b4 the fans let Smith know that, we didnt need Miller at Ibrox IMO hes not that good a player terrible 1st touch,doesnt score enough Novo,s a far better bet, and to be honest Naismith is a better player than the two of them..........its about time Wattie woke up to that.

Not even on the bench, anybody know why ?

yes he was in the main stand with charlie adam and andy webster , but yes he should have been on bench instead of velicka

Charlie was in the Stand? I guess thats how he gives us 'balance"?

Steven Naismith's 22 years old now, so the "brilliant" U21 rule is actually keeping him out the team and in turn hurting Scottish players.

Outwith injuries, that's also why Burke struggled to make the team even when fit.