Your time is up Walter Smith

simplythebest

He actually has the nerve to call fans clueless? He's tactically inept and has bought so much shite, today he needed the fans to tell him what sub to make. Then when we get a goal he nearly throws the game away by ordering them to just defend for the rest of the match, thats just inviting a team like Falkirk on. Lucky man Davis did score because i think there was every chance of Falkirk scoring at every attack they had.

I really have lost all patience with him, and it doesn't seem Ally's much better if he won't stand up to him and challenge these bizarre tactics.

He actually has the nerve to call fans clueless? He's tactically inept and has bought so much shite, today he needed the fans to tell him what sub to make. Then when we get a goal he nearly throws the game away by ordering them to just defend for the rest of the match, thats just inviting a team like Falkirk on. Lucky man Davis did score because i think there was every chance of Falkirk scoring at every attack they had.

I really have lost all patience with him, and it doesn't seem Ally's much better if he won't stand up to him and challenge these bizarre tactics.

give the guy a break ffs <cr>

Pretty awful performance and we got lucky near the end. Like the Hearts game, we failed to capitalize on their red card.

To be honest, i'd be much more scathing in my assessment of the game but the performance of Fleck has mellowed me somewhat.

Tbf, we only brought on Whittaker as Papac was sent off. I disagree Walter asked us to defend Italian like, I think it was more Fakirk gaining their confidence again after Sasa being sent off.

*Goes to check Medicine cabinet if anything missing after defending Walter*

Guest Andypendek

He talked after the game about how, when a team is attacking for the whole time and then gets the breakthrough, it's really hard to keep the attacking mindset going. Players switch off, in other words.

Mind you, it's his job to make them play more professionally.

He talked after the game about how, when a team is attacking for the whole time and then gets the breakthrough, it's really hard to keep the attacking mindset going. Players switch off, in other words.

Exactly. Some of the stuff he comes out with in his interviews is such shite. :anguish:

have to say i was at a complete loss when we brought on whittaker. we are playing falkirk at ibrox they are 2nd. bottom of the league. they played with one up front for most of the match and yet we kept a back 4. smith can't even spell tactics and the only surprise is that he didn't take fleck off.

if we paid for season tickets based on entertainment rangers would owe money to a lot of supporters.

Surely the opposite is true, that when a team scores they have more confidence and desire to score again.

Smith has always tried to win games by conceeding a goal less than the opposition than trying to score a goal more. He'll never change.

I'd be more worried by the fact that we just don't start games well at all these days. Seems to be the norm that we wait until something bad happens before getting motivated!

Also, he's moaned in the past about not being able to give enough players a game, but never uses all 3 subs! What's that all about!

If you are talking about the Novo substitution wee Nacho was already running towards the dug out taking off his jacket BEFORE than fans started singing the Novo song.

And with regards to us then sitting back defending, MOST teams who score a late goal to go ahead then sit back and defend it with so little time to go .......... and mostly this tactic works .................. and today it ............. worked funnily enough. So what are we moaning about again?

Can't claim to have spotted that but either way i think it was a sub that should have been made earlier, the game was crying out for a player like Novo who will take on a man and as we saw he changed things for us.

As for that tactic, i just don't like it. I don't expect us to go gung ho when we're one goal up with a short time left but i don't expect us to just totally focus on defending when we've got the ball, i think it invites teams at you especially one like Falkirk. John Hughes has created a good footballing side and he always makes them have a go even at Ibrox or Parkhead, and twice they came close to snatching an equaliser because our midfield was non-existent, remember when the ball was free in the middle and we didn't have one player going for it? They were happy for Falkirk to take it and just go back and defend! To me its a far too dangerous tactic that Smith uses far too often but again, i suppose its just my opinion.

Can't claim to have spotted that but either way i think it was a sub that should have been made earlier, the game was crying out for a player like Novo who will take on a man and as we saw he changed things for us.

As for that tactic, i just don't like it. I don't expect us to go gung ho when we're one goal up with a short time left but i don't expect us to just totally focus on defending when we've got the ball, i think it invites teams at you especially one like Falkirk. John Hughes has created a good footballing side and he always makes them have a go even at Ibrox or Parkhead, and twice they came close to snatching an equaliser because our midfield was non-existent, remember when the ball was free in the middle and we didn't have one player going for it? They were happy for Falkirk to take it and just go back and defend! To me its a far too dangerous tactic that Smith uses far too often but again, i suppose its just my opinion.

I agree with the first part mate (and I know where you coming from on your second point) ........... I'd happed whipped Miller for wee Nach at half time. I can't recall the last time Miller had a good game!

With both teams down to ten men surely our fitness should have let us take charge after they had been a man short for a while? Sadly no.

Well that was a strange game and again we let another team jump start the game. We need a better attitude from the beginning.

I agree with the first part mate (and I know where you coming from on your second point) ........... I'd happed whipped Miller for wee Nach at half time. I can't recall the last time Miller had a good game!

Think alot of us are feeling the same about Miller, seems hes begun to rest on his laurels a bit as despite the reaction to him coming back hes not had too many people on his back since the two goals at Parkhead. I think he needs to remember he still needs to work to earn a place in the team!

Tbf, we only brought on Whittaker as Papac was sent off. I disagree Walter asked us to defend Italian like, I think it was more Fakirk gaining their confidence again after Sasa being sent off.

*Goes to check Medicine cabinet if anything missing after defending Walter*

Bringing Whittaker on showed Hughes that we were happy with 2-1 and that they would have to come at us. We could easily gone to three at the back as we had three centre backs on already and both teams were reduced to ten men.

I fully agree,smith is hopeless,he was poor the first time around,tactically and had no idea how to change if things were going wrong.Any manager who has one of the best central midfielder s in the world in Mickaelachenko and makes him a left winger is beyond belief.The players he plays out of position is un real.

On other thing with Mr I have bled rangers and their fans dry Murray wanting to sell and the likelihood

that Wattty could go who picks the new manager.Murray track record in that department has been rotten.

Awfull topic

Awfull topic

Thanks for that input. :craphead:

Guest Andypendek

I notice Man U have gone 10 games undefeated...about 7 1-0 wins in that.

Reality check!!!

When we scored to go 2-1 Smith knew we'd be under pressure as Falkirk, with nothing to lose, would flood forward. So he stuck on a fresh pair of legs at the back to help, especially since there was so much room at 10 a side. With Nacho also freshly on, we were ideally set up for counter attack. This is cluelessness? This is inept management?