A man that sits near me at Ibrox I think summed up

Boab

I also still maintain that as we never won vs Zenit, it was a failure. F*ck the day or getting there. All or nothing.

The only highlight of the UEFA Cup final was Darcheville actually completing 90 minutes :anguish:

(tu):lol:;)

F*ck the day or getting there.

You can't be serious? Your telling me you can't look back at some of those wins, and fabulous european nights with happiness?

At home to Barca, beating Lyon 3-0, Bremen, Fiorentina penalties, even the actual few days to the final build up, the news coverage, 200,000 + rangers fans in manchester?

Your saying FUCK it all because we lost?

Fair enough we lost, but ffs man, doesn't mean you forget all the great times leading up to it.

Yes, 2nd is nothing. We should have won.

Its a case of what could have been, no 'what was', for me.

To be fair, when a few of you have suggested the "state we were in when PLG was here" What was this actual state?

We were second in the league IIRC...

There was tension in the dressing room but I wouldn't say PLG caused it...

To be fair, when a few of you have suggested the "state we were in when PLG was here" What was this actual state?

Getting put out of the CIS Cup at home against lower league oppisition, getting back to back against Inverness and buying players such as Sionko, Svensson and Sebo.

Sounds like a bit of a state to me.

I just find it strange you don't look back at the good games, the wins, and the nail biting penalties and other good moments of the lead up, but you'd rather say fuck it all, we didn't win.

:lol:

I just find it strange you don't look back at the good games, the wins, and the nail biting penalties and other good moments of the lead up, but you'd rather say fuck it all, we didn't win.

McBoyd as a Rangers fan 2nd place is failure, it always has been and it always will be.

McBoyd as a Rangers fan 2nd place is failure, it always has been and it always will be.

I'm not saying 2nd place isn't a failure mate, i know what it is to a Rangers fan, i am one.

What i'm saying why can't he look at the stuff i've mentioned in a good light? Watching those fiorentina penalties now, with novo scoring and the commentator shouting "RANGERS ARE COMING" i can still remember where i was when that happened, jumping around with joy, it still makes me smile watching them.

I just can't believe boab says fuck it all, to it.

Yep, 2nd is nothing

Wouldn't go as far as saying everything is tainted but its not something I can look back on with fondness.

They could have became legends, they didn't.

Getting put out of the CIS Cup at home against lower league oppisition, getting back to back against Inverness and buying players such as Sionko, Svensson and Sebo.

Sounds like a bit of a state to me.

I wasn't happy with going out of the cup to lower league opposition or some of the signings.

But then I'm not happy at sitting second in the league to Celtic, I'm not happy our recent defeat to Celtic at Ibrox, I'm not happy with Walter Smith's signings, ESPECIALLY considering the amount of money he has been given, which has been spent on dross! Webster, McCulloch, Whittaker, Broadfoot, Lafferty (So far).

I'm not saying 2nd place isn't a failure mate.

I'm saying why can't he look at the stuff i've mentioned in a good light? Watching those fiorentina penalties now, with novo scoring and the commentator shouting "RANGERS ARE COMING" i can still remember where i was when that happened, jumping around with joy, it still makes me smile watching them.

I'm not saying its all BS now, the Novo Penalty still looks special, but I wouldn't go out my way.

I'd rather watch Helicopter Sunday.

I'm not saying 2nd place isn't a failure mate, i know what it is to a Rangers fan, i am one.

What i'm saying why can't he look at the stuff i've mentioned in a good light? Watching those fiorentina penalties now, with novo scoring and the commentator shouting "RANGERS ARE COMING" i can still remember where i was when that happened, jumping around with joy, it still makes me smile watching them.

It's the same reason why we never watch the Final.

Hm, i'm not sure, i haven't watched the final since, but you can't compare watching the final to watching the team come out to a packed ibrox against Barca, and the roar when we drew 0-0 to them, or like i said the penalties v fiorentina etc.

Hm, i'm not sure, i haven't watched the final since, but you can't compare watching the final to watching the team come out to a packed ibrox against Barca, and the roar when we drew 0-0 to them, or like i said the penalties v fiorentina etc.

The UEFA CUP FINAL should rank above a 0-0 vs Barcelona in CL qualifiers, and Fiorentina on Pens in the Semi-finals.

Yet we cant bare to watch it, because we never turned up at UEFA 2nd biggest European competition.

One thing i doubt i will never forgive Walter for!