What happens if this "one must go" falls through?

barrymorrison1

was watching an post match interview with walter there on setanta on the full spl,after yesterday's game and he says that everyone was told that they have to sell one player, never specified which one obviously, but if they dont sell one player for he said the club goes on!

so what does that mean?

imagine between now and 2nd feb, we get a few offer for the so called big five assets, and they all decide to stay for one reason or another, eg, boyd with the wage scenario.

come the 3rd feb, it is staus quo, and the club has to like it and lump it, so if this is possible, why not keep them all, and if they win rangers the league, u can either move them on with no pressure as it is end of season, and guaranteed champions league cash on the way, or if they fail, still no deadline pressure, but then there is an excuse to move on 1,2 or three of these guys to balance books, and fund new personel.

was this a strange statement for walter to make regarding the clubs stance, or do u think he maybe trying to influence the postponement of this firesale till the summer?

did others see this interview?

Didn't see the interview (was busy drying myself off efter the Celik result).

If there is a payment of £3m to be made & we haven't sold a player; I'd imagine SDM would pay it (if need be) out of his hip as a short term loan ie. season ticket monies start to come in.

I saw the interview and he said "the club will go on even if we don't sell a player" or something along those lines. It would be highly unlikey that we wouldnt just for the sake of 3-4 million. It sounds a bit contradictory saying someone MUST go but if they don't then its business as usual, but i don't think it's as simple as that. Personally I think it was a wee dig at Hugh Keevins for the shite he was spouting on the radio yesterday about "what will happen to Rangers if boyd doesn't go..." Utter shite!

I don't think we will sell anybody till the last day or two. I wouldn't be surprised if we sold 2 first team regulars, both for much less than they are worth. Teams will be aware that we need the money and are looking to sell.