Stevie Smith

FUDGIE52

Stevie got a strange illness that after many tests wasnt fully explained. The illness was also linked to his reccurring injury problems.

Prior to that, he looked like he was going to develop into an excellent player. His dad got us a couple of tickets for Lyon and he said to my mate at the time that it was looking bleak for him and that he might never play at the top level again. I was glad as well as shocked then to see him get a couple of run-outs later that season.

Dont think he will slot in next week and as others have said, will run out his contract and restrict himself to lower league thereafter (tu)

Shame for the lad. (tu)

Still, could a first team competitive game get stevie smith into gear?

Unless 90 minutes of football is going to burn a stone or so off him, then no.

He's overweight and just hasnt impressed for the reserves. It would be utter madness to throw him in at Pittodrie.

Kinniburgh, Wylde................we can only hope a suppose

Shows your not keeping up with our squad :P

Kinniburgh is on loan to Queen of the South at the moment, don't know if it would be too soon for Wylde, especially against Aberdeen, I'd expect Whittaker to be drafted back in, either at LB or RB.

Smith hasn't played a competitive game in about 2 year or something so why would he get his first start on Saturday ? :unsure:

Its a dead certainty tae be Whittaker ar LB.

he played a couple of games last season and why would smith play steve smith who a left back at left back u got it that wouldnt make sence playin a player in there right postions

Kinniburgh, Wylde................we can only hope a suppose

Neither Kinniburgh or Wylde is anywhere near 1st team level yet, and may never be. :rolleyes:

Whittaker has to play as Stevie Smith hasn't shown anything approaching the promise of his earlier, pre-injury career. In fact he's been so poor I'm surprised he was still getting a game for the reserves before their break.