Hemdani- SPL Boring

OzGers

I wouldnt say boring but the SPL needs to be opened up to more teams and we need to play teams twice a year. imo

i agree..

i think scotland only needs two top leagues of 18 teams...plays teams twice and there should be a teir system ala the conference in england..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that when situations arise like this, we can't look much further than the club. 30-somethings coming to the club to fill their boots in what they regard as a weaker league. As JCD said a matter of weeks ago, a season and a half at Rangers set him up financially to the point that he didn't need to go to the money-spinning leagues of Dubai.

If these players had contracts that represented their value to the team, players would not be so happy to sit on the bench.

Brahim Hemdani is very good footballer, it's just ashame people can't admit it because he doesn't go steam rolling into challenges and beat about five men. People get on at him for passing backwards and to the side along with only passing it a few yards - excatly what Barry Ferguson has done for the last eight years, yet when you mention that, you get slated.

Hemdani is a good footballer, he has a great footballing brain, he's neat and tidy, reads a game very well, he'll do the dirty work, but instead of thundering into challenges, he does it with a bit of class. I'd have him in my team before Ferguson and he should have played against Kaunas and more this season.

A shite bag for waiting until the summer and picking up wages, quite right. Without Hemdani we would have struggled at times, he's done his part and put in some unbelievable performances, the management team have treated him like shite.

He has every right to sit tight, considering the only team that has made a bid for him was, Kocaelispor, a lowely Turkish team and if you expect him to just move there to get off the Rangers wage bill, then your taking the piss.

He'll get his move to La Liga and he'll do a damn good job in a quality league.

The SPL is 'boring' - Hemdani is being nice, it's fucking brutal and some of the worst football in the World is witnessed every week.

Brahim Hemdani is very good footballer, it's just ashame people can't admit it because he doesn't go steam rolling into challenges and beat about five men. People get on at him for passing backwards and to the side along with only passing it a few yards - excatly what Barry Ferguson has done for the last eight years, yet when you mention that, you get slated.

Hemdani is a good footballer, he has a great footballing brain, he's neat and tidy, reads a game very well, he'll do the dirty work, but instead of thundering into challenges, he does it with a bit of class. I'd have him in my team before Ferguson and he should have played against Kaunas and more this season.

A shite bag for waiting until the summer and picking up wages, quite right. Without Hemdani we would have struggled at times, he's done his part and put in some unbelievable performances, the management team have treated him like shite.

He has every right to sit tight, considering the only team that has made a bid for him was, Kocaelispor, a lowely Turkish team and if you expect him to just move there to get off the Rangers wage bill, then your taking the piss.

The SPL is 'boring' - Hemdani is being nice, it's fucking brutal and some of the worst football in the World is witnessed every week.

I agree that he should have been played against Kaunas as we had nobody else but he wouldn't get in ahead of Ferguson, Thomson, Mendes or Davis IMO.

He is a good reader of the game and that was why he was a successful sweeper but never rated him as a midfielder.

As I said, I felt he used to get himself out of trouble by putting others in trouble.

He always appeared to give people the ball in dodgy circumstances. For example giving the ball to a fullback when they had a winger up their arse.

He did have some really good games for us but I always thought he was limited in the middle of the park.

I'll be glad when him and his £16k wage are gone.

Just wish we had tried to cash in on him instead of paying him all these wages and letting him go for free!

Maybe nobody decent came in for him though......maybe that tells us something also!!

Well said (tu)

Good post (tu)

Word for word, that's exactly what I was going to say! :unsure: Honest!

Nah, I would add that although he's quite right to sit tight and collect his wages under his contract, I question a players pride when they do this. Why not just find another club now? He's hardly going to get a game now after these comments. Also, I question the £16k a week. Surely he'll be on more than that? I doubt he would have decided to quit Fraance for less than £20k a week! Perhaps he gets over £20k with appearance bonuses?? I had heard/read he was on at least £25k when he came to us.

Where is he going to go?

How do we not know his agent isn't currently trying to get him a new club?

I've never heard of any decent clubs making an offer for him.

Although this could be all happening behind the scenes and we just don't know about it!

I always rated him as a player and still do.

He should have played against Kaunas but yet we decided to have McCulloch in central midfield.

Though he would never get in front of Mendes, Thomson, Davis and Ferguson as previously said.

I also think that if we did reach the Champions League he would have still had a part to play.

Thanks for your time Brahim, Good Luck for the future.

There is very little real competition and the fact the club didn't qualify for the Champions League made things worse.

This comment irked me slightly.

I don't see how Hemdani can talk about the lack of "real competition" when we have underachieved and been outplayed by numerous sides over his time with us.

I could understand this comment if we were wiping the floor with everybody we came up against, while he gave MOTM performance week after week.

However that hasn't been the case.

Guest Andypendek

A player who had one 3/4 of a good season but whose last dozen or so games for us featured a total inability to pass to a player in blue. I don't blame him for getting rich, but he can't complain at not getting picked.