Our Oasis

D'Artagnan

It’s probably life which does it. Three score years and ten if you are lucky. A lifetime of experience. Highs, lows, mistakes and learning curves. Family which comes and goes. A parent who passes leaving an unfilled void, a new born which eases the pain of the former, providing some respite.

A first love which engulfs you..only to break your heart....the “soul mate” who betrays your very soul, the brother or sister who live the lie that “blood is thicker than water”.

And through it all our heart searches for a constant....something which we can grab hold of and rely on. Something which will weather the storms of life to deliver something which is..reliable...steadfast...dependable...in our ever changing world.

Rangers FC is more than just a football club. It is that vital and irreplacable constant in our lives. It is the place we meet our kith and kin....people like ourselves who were not manufactured, but were born, and whether it was from birth or manifested itself in later life, the result was the same, Rangers FC is far more than just a football club. It is our place, our people, our oasis.

And we shall not be moved.

Its easy to say that there are a lot of things wrong within our football club. Perhaps sometimes we forget, that there are also a lot of things which are right. And those righteous things make me immensely proud of both my kith my kin and my football club.

Perhaps what we know to be true in our hearts is far more important than the lies which we read.

And such unity and kinship can only be strengthened - in a media world which consistently tries to undermine the very things we stand for as a football club (and perhaps as a nation). Quite simply your newspaper columns... your chip chip chipping away.. will not affect our vision, our mission statement of who and what we are. They seem to forget that we were neither manufactured , nor did we chose...we were chosen.

Rangers FC – more than just a football club.

Which means that that which was born into us will never desert us. It will be strengthened and renewed within us. We do not boast, nor do we threaten..... but try to destroy us and feel the wrath of not a support, but a kith and kinship fighting not only for a football club, but for a way of life.

We are defending our oasis. The place and the football club which has been an ever constant in our lives.

What kind of oasis is this ?

Its the kind of place where our country’s flag is held proud. Where her heroes are respectfully honoured in silence. Where their sacrifice is embroidered into both our strips and our hearts. Where both our history and heritage are celebrated in song. We stand for loyalty...truth...freedom. That which was sown into our very hearts from a young age. Which our forefathers fought and died for, and which we will never, ever forget.

This is Rangers.

Attack us at your peril.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent again D'Art. Can't stop reading this bit........

And through it all our heart searches for a constant....something which we can grab hold of and rely on. Something which will weather the storms of life to deliver something which is..reliable...steadfast...dependable...in our ever changing world.

Rangers FC is more than just a football club. It is that vital and irreplacable constant in our lives. It is the place we meet our kith and kin....people like ourselves who were not manufactured, but were born, and whether it was from birth or manifested itself in later life, the result was the same, Rangers FC is far more than just a football club. It is our place, our people, our oasis.

Says it all for me. (tu)

I nominate you to be our PR representitive and when i say 'our' i'm talking about the actual club itself.I'm sure you wouldn't sit back and allow the media to attack us and say nothing to defend the good name of Glasgow Rangers.

If the nomination and no doubt someone to second it doesn't get anywhere i'll buy you a pint instead-i can't be fairer than that!

Something which will weather the storms of life to deliver something which is..reliable...steadfast...dependable...in our ever changing world.

Rangers FC is more than just a football club.

Words straight from the BB hymn (tu)

Something which will weather the storms of life to deliver something which is..reliable...steadfast...dependable...in our ever changing world.

Boab...youve outed me !

Boab...youve outed me !

:P

It was either 411 or 412 in the wee red hymn book.