Lay off Lee

b1972

Lee McCulloch is pish but he certainly wasn't the worst yesterday. Like I said in another thread, he showed some nice touches, broke up play on two occassions, took a look up and released both Fleck and Davis - Fleck had a strike at goal and Davis fcuked up. He also got caught out of position, gave away far too many fouls and his distribution was terrible at times - he certainly gave Lee Miller a hard time.

Oh yeah, he put in a better shift than Barry Ferguson and out shawn him for the whole match bar the 15 minutes that mabaw decided to actually turn up.

McCulloch has been getting it, where are the Ferguson threads?

I just hope that's the last time he plays there, infact I hope it's the last time he ever plays for Rangers.

Amen.

A dreadful decision by Smith.

The sad thing is there will be plenty more of Watties pish decions, bringing lee and adam out from the cold to stifle games.

Unless we change the manager NOW, is 4IAR.

He didnt do too badly, and looked a little more dangerous further up the park, but he made too many wreckless challenges, against a team that were only dangerous from set pieces, could have cost us the match, luckily it never though

The guy is too slow and clumbsy he is shite and lucky his fouls werent that costly. against Aberdeen

we need to stop buying shite like this when was the last time he played a good game the only reason he gets a game is becaause he is a blue eyed boy in smiths books.

Strange decision by Walt but came off for him

We looked comfortable for the best part defensively and kept a clean sheet

But failed to score and win - yet another pish result!

I think all the abusing of McCulloch is harsh. He is continually played in different positions, has had major probs with injury this season and IMO is not even close to being our worst player. In a season where a lot of people are crying out for more commitment, Lee is 1 player who always puts a shift in and works his arse off.

Broadfoot seems to escape abuse as he is a trier, Davis has been murder of late, Whittaker is torture, Miller is living off 2 goals at the piggery and our captain seems to be going through the motions!! All the above players should be treated worse than McCulloch.

Thoughts???

Agree with the Davis observation. He's showing the same pish anonymous form he showed last season. Not been worth the money imo although some seem overly impressed by his birth place.

McCulloch had a specific job to do on Saturday and he did it.

I think all the abusing of McCulloch is harsh. He is continually played in different positions, has had major probs with injury this season and IMO is not even close to being our worst player. In a season where a lot of people are crying out for more commitment, Lee is 1 player who always puts a shift in and works his arse off.

Broadfoot seems to escape abuse as he is a trier, Davis has been murder of late, Whittaker is torture, Miller is living off 2 goals at the piggery and our captain seems to be going through the motions!! All the above players should be treated worse than McCulloch.

Thoughts???

Agree with the Davis observation. He's showing the same pish anonymous form he showed last season. Not been worth the money imo although some seem overly impressed by his birth place.

McCulloch had a specific job to do on Saturday and he did it.

Aye run into people,give away needless fouls in dangerous areas,give away the ball cheeply,pass to opposition and generally play like a coo wi mad cow disease........yip Lee done his job well.

Davis is a central midfielder....we should maybe play him there and drop Ma Baw cos he's pish and what's his birthplace got to do with it?????

the decision to play this nugget and not play 2 up front cost us 2 points!!!! once again smith got his tactics wrong!!!!! play that formation to holf onto a lead smith, not to try and win a game...when willl he ever learn!!!!!!

It wasnt the worst performance ever, but why the hell does he stick his hands in the air for every foul he commits. Always complaining, and at 30 years old still does not have a natural position. That tells me one thing. I think he is a puddin myself and cannot believe we spent over £2M on him but even moreso, we turned down £1.5M in the summer for him :anguish: