Possible 'buy out' on the cards?.......

LegendofCoop

Forgive the lack of decent info or links to sources, but I'm doing this on lunch at the moment. Will try & get more info this afternoon. Also, I'm taking this with a pinch of salt tbh. My source is actually a director at another Football club, so how he has received this info, I'm not sure.

Anyway, the rumour/story is that there is an offer on the cards from a potential buyer. The deal is that Gers will be sold for a nominal amount (£1?), with the clubs debts (£21m) being absorbed by MHI. The buyer will then pay Murray a fee of £30m over seven years. Murray will gain £9m over the seven years as the clubs debts are £21M. Also, Rangers would be debt free, but potentially without a major backer (such as SDM).

I'm not claiming that this is by any stretch of the imagination a done deal, or that there is any truth in it. Just thought I'd run it by you guys & get your thoughts.

Anyone else heard similar stories? Hope this isn't a repost....havent time to search!

Cheers (tu)

Forgive the lack of decent info or links to sources, but I'm doing this on lunch at the moment. Will try & get more info this afternoon. Also, I'm taking this with a pinch of salt tbh. My source is actually a director at another Football club, so how he has received this info, I'm not sure.

Anyway, the rumour/story is that there is an offer on the cards from a potential buyer. The deal is that Gers will be sold for a nominal amount (£1?), with the clubs debts (£21m) being absorbed by MHI. The buyer will then pay Murray a fee of £30m over seven years. Murray will gain £9m over the seven years as the clubs debts are £21M. Also, Rangers would be debt free, but potentially without a major backer (such as SDM).

I'm not claiming that this is by any stretch of the imagination a done deal, or that there is any truth in it. Just thought I'd run it by you guys & get your thoughts.

Anyone else heard similar stories? Hope this isn't a repost....havent time to search!

Cheers (tu)

Heard similar rumours over the last few years but given the debt is more like £30million and given they likelihood of any buyer in the current climate is very low, I also recommend a pinch of salt for all readers.

I'd also be surprised if Murray sold the club to anyone who didn't have the finance behind them to safeguard the future of the club.

Cheers (tu)

Heard similar rumours over the last few years but given the debt is more like £30million and given they likelihood of any buyer in the current climate is very low, I also recommend a pinch of salt for all readers.

I'd also be surprised if Murray sold the club to anyone who didn't have the finance behind them to safeguard the future of the club.

I think that's an exagerated amount TBH. Murray said a couple of weeks ago the debt was £23m. Also, Someone from Privewaterhouse Coopers was interviewed last week & they said it was £21m

Sourced

This came from Celtic quick news…is that a source……:mellow:

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/2009/01/r...hp#commentsform

Maybe the "director" reads this pish......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[/Thread]

That's it word for word mate! Ah, well.....bang goes my first 'scoop'!! haha!!! Knew it would be pish! (tu)

I think the £30 million figure is predicted is it not?

Read the article mate, the broken mirror period…that is a 100% a wind up…….

It is coming From celtic site written by celtic fans anything to do with rangers they are not going to write the truth are they

they always talk pish when we are skint/fucked.

its a windup they cant write anything sensible.

Guest therabbitt

I just meant that our debt may be in the early £20 millions at the minute, but the £30 million is predicted next time the figures are released.

I know exactly hee haw about it though

I just meant that our debt may be in the early £20 millions at the minute, but the £30 million is predicted next time the figures are released.

Ah…sorry picked you up wrongly….. :cheers:

Guest therabbitt

Ah…sorry picked you up wrongly….. :cheers:

:cheers:

I think that's an exagerated amount TBH. Murray said a couple of weeks ago the debt was £23m. Also, Someone from Privewaterhouse Coopers was interviewed last week & they said it was £21m

The debt was last reported as £21.6million (in the year ending June 2008).

It will have gone up since then possibly by as much as £10million+ due to no European football.

Guest therabbitt

The debt was last reported as £21.6million (in the year ending June 2008).

It will have gone up since then possibly by as much as £10million+ due to no European football.

:stupid: That's what I meant, except Frankie knows what he's talking about...

Cheers guys, I also thought the debt of £21m was including this seasons figures. Even at £30m, I don't see it as panic time yet!

Will need to vet my sources a bit next time eh? ;) You can imagine the ribbing he's getting now that, thanks to General Cartman Lee, he's been outed as a Tim!!! Haha MAJOR embarrassment! :cheers: :cheers:

Well done the RM family!

If anyone wonders where I get these figures from well you can view last year's interim report and judge where the differences will be from the similar period reports of (01/07 to 31/12) last season (07-08; where we had CL football) and even the prevous season (06-07; where we had UEFA Cup football).

For example:

Turnover (6 months 07-08): £33.1million

Turnover (6 months 06-07): £23.1million

Thus, turnover for the first 6 months of 08-09 will be less than £23.1million.

Profit (6 months 07-08): £2.3milllion

Profit (6 months 06-07): £-1.5milllion

Thus, we will make a loss of at least £1.5million over the same period.

Add in further increased interest costs and increased wage costs, then there is no doubt the debt will have risen once more. That amount is open to debate but the fact we're having to 'balance the books' by selling a player for £3million suggests it must be of an amount that is worrying the club (and/or its backers).

:)

I should add that it is unlikely the debt will be at £30million in this report but unless we sell players and free up wages - as well as bringing any fees - then that figure is certainly possible come the final year reports later this year...

I should add that it is unlikely the debt will be at £30million in this report but unless we sell players and free up wages - as well as bringing any fees - then that figure is certainly possible come the final year reports later this year...

There will be no mention of the debt in the forthcoming half-year report.

Cheers guys, I also thought the debt of £21m was including this seasons figures. Even at £30m, I don't see it as panic time yet!

We only have the ability to have debt of £36m, so it's getting mighty close to panic time.

There will be no mention of the debt in the forthcoming half-year report.

No but given they are likely to mention the figures above, then we can reach our own estimated conclusion? ;)

Every little bit of information helps to paint the picture. :)