Walter on Fleck

Carsons Dog

"John Fleck has been a bit of a bonus for us. When I saw him at the start of the season starting to integrate in to our group, I thought it might have taken him most of this season to get started, but he has played very well.

"For somebody so young, he is quite calm on the ball. His best position is as a striker. "

Whats the odds on us ever seeing him play there?

"John Fleck has been a bit of a bonus for us. When I saw him at the start of the season starting to integrate in to our group, I thought it might have taken him most of this season to get started, but he has played very well.

"For somebody so young, he is quite calm on the ball. His best position is as a striker. "

1/10 :anguish:

I was very surprised at this; I have only seen him play in midfield in reserves and under 19's and scotland under 16's either as an attacking midfielder or as central midfielder.

Rather than what position he is playing what worries me most is what hes learning (or neglecting even unlearning in training).

Look as the boys technique in clips of him scoring two against Celtic in the youth cup final. Looked to have far less control of the ball at Aberdeen.

People will say its a different level, he had more time on the ball, but his technique was far superior.

I.e our crappy training tactics are robbing the boy of his skills and wasting his development.