The BBC

CanadianGer

I think you guys in Scotland a very lucky to have the BBC.

In my opinion, they are by far the best international media organisation in the world: peer celebrated for impartiality and honest reporting.

I hope you are fishing spicy one...! :D

Praising celtic players in one post , the beeb in the next....nothing to see here......... :pipe:

Its interesting, then again, on Crimewatch, they seemed to be making an effort to point out that it wasnt Rangers related. The only time we were mentioned by name, was as one of the 2 teams playing in the final

Then again, words on a tv program are far harder to deny than numbers of photos, which could easily be argued as an accident or similar

Assuming that the Crimewatch editorial team is based in England (probably London) and the BBC Scotland website and news reports are generated in Glasgow, its quite possible there is "local bias".

More than likely, down here, most of the stories that are a big noise in Scotland dont really break the surface. Most people havent got a clue, and, I think I have had to explain "sectarian" to them haha. Its a complete non story here. Given the proximity of Manchester as well, its a surprise.

I live in England (some of the time), and it's amazing how little knowledge and understanding people have of the the Old Firm, and the west of Scotland in general. Recently someone asked me 'Is it Rangers or Celtic who are the Irish team?'. Didn't even know where to begin with that one.

Praising celtic players in one post , the beeb in the next....nothing to see here......... :pipe:

Yep, he's a live one. As soon as he said we should have kept Chris Burke it got me thinking... :D

read his profile, want info on rangers but support another team, his post of where he lives in aus, coincidence that he said QUEENSland :craphead:

I think you guys in Scotland a very lucky to have the BBC.

In my opinion, they are by far the best international media organisation in the world: peer celebrated for impartiality and honest reporting.

G.T.F. !!!!!!!!

Surprises me that these so called fans that the pollice said they tailed all the way back to Glasgow on CCTV and threatened dawn raids as they know where they live...........

Now they resort to posting pics on waiting for people to "grass" them.

Sorry. I hate grasses.

And they are asking people to turn themselves in if they recognise themselves in the pictures.

Where are the pictures of the police thugs attacking innocent fans?

for a start i can notice 12 people clearly visible in a rangers gears from them photos and alot have been cropped to show just their face.

I dont why they have nearly taking a year to release these, so i think they know who a couple of these people are(probably local) and they have got off with some other charge and now the police are trying to get them for these.

I think its good that they have shown them, means we can find out who they are more quickly, charge them and kick them out for good.

I noticed today the story below on the BBC. Until today I hadn't bothered to look at the photos of those identified by GMP. I had however heard that out of all the photos released only a handful showed the person in Rangers colours or wearing a Rangers crest. However, the story I was reading had a small selection of photos and 5 of the 6 people shown were clearly wearing Rangers colours. Being a numbers guy, I know that 5 out of 6 is 83%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotlan...est/7855228.stm

I then reviewed the full selection of photos at this link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7854173.stm

Even assuming that the fellow wearing a flat cap has a Rangers crest on the top (and its hard to tell for sure), even counting partially covered jerseys I could only count 10 of the 49 shown as wearing something clearly tied to Rangers. So using my count, out of 49 people shown, 20.41% are wearing something Rangers related.

So is it an accident or deliberate misinformation on the part of the BBC to choose to represent 20% as 83%?

Perhaps they're saying 'these are the Rangers fans, we're not sure about the others'.

yeah i noticed that too CR

why would any rangers fan go to manchester in a mass invasion for a euro cup final not wear any colours, :gerbad:

I didn’t have a rangers top on that day …couldn't get one anywhere in London……

I had a blue polo shirt on though, hope that was ok......

I was the same. Everywhere was completely sold out and I was waiting till the new season to get one. I had to settle for my Holland top :pipe:

Did anyone see the guy walking up the main street at about 10 or 11am fully decked out in an Ireland strip?! What a wind up merchant.

Guest hotchilli
I think its good that they have shown them, means we can find out who they are more quickly, charge them and kick them out for good.

I agree. Unfortunately this sort of behaviour is all too common place in other parts of the world and is considered a norm, along with racism.

I agree. Unfortunately this sort of behaviour is all too common place in other parts of the world and is considered a norm, along with racism.

I thought I saw the word BANNED next to your name last evening, what type of fishing do you prefer - Fly, Deepsea, Freshwater or T'internet?

Its interesting, then again, on Crimewatch, they seemed to be making an effort to point out that it wasnt Rangers related. The only time we were mentioned by name, was as one of the 2 teams playing in the final

Then again, words on a tv program are far harder to deny than numbers of photos, which could easily be argued as an accident or similar

Assuming that the Crimewatch editorial team is based in England (probably London) and the BBC Scotland website and news reports are generated in Glasgow, its quite possible there is "local bias".

More than likely, down here, most of the stories that are a big noise in Scotland dont really break the surface. Most people havent got a clue, and, I think I have had to explain "sectarian" to them haha. Its a complete non story here. Given the proximity of Manchester as well, its a surprise.

I live in England (some of the time), and it's amazing how little knowledge and understanding people have of the the Old Firm, and the west of Scotland in general. Recently someone asked me 'Is it Rangers or Celtic who are the Irish team?'. Didn't even know where to begin with that one.

Aye, I have had that one as well

Going off on a tangent, the BBC's moderation is an absolute joke.

I can't get ANYTHING posted on there that's half controversial, yet you can't browse 606 without seeing the words 'h**' or 'Orange bastard' splattered across everything.

Pretty pathetic on all counts from the Beeb.