Will two cups save Walter?

minstral

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was wondering if walter wins two cups and lost the title would that save him. is the title a must win in the eyes of our fans, or would some fans be happy to let walter carry on being manager as he won 2 cups.

I think he should leave at the end of the season regardless, and I'm certain if we don't win the title this year that will happen anyway!!

i was wondering if walter wins two cups and lost the title would that save him. is the title a must win in the eyes of our fans, or would some fans be happy to let walter carry on being manager as he won 2 cups.

he should go if league isnt won and even if it is would he go with his head held high or risk carrying on as he is

I have a problem with all of these views, once again who would replace him? If Coisty is to become the next manager then I don't think he is ready yet.

And for the benefit of the reader, I think Walter, Coisty and Durrant should all leave if we don't win the league this season.

I have a problem with all of these views, once again who would replace him? If Coisty is to become the next manager then I don't think he is ready yet.

And for the benefit of the reader, I think Walter, Coisty and Durrant should all leave if we don't win the league this season.

Kevin Keegan!!

I don't think any Rangers manager can not win the league for two seasons and still hope to keep his job.

Exactly - I'd be very surprised if Smith didn't know this himself. I'd also be very disappointed if he didn't do the decent thing and walk should he fail to bring our title home.

I don't think any Rangers manager can not win the league for two seasons and still hope to keep his job.

I can't say i agree with that as if we had a young manager in who was making a young team for the future i would gladly be happy with that but that is not the case with Smith. Never has been.

I can't say i agree with that as if we had a young manager in who was making a young team for the future i would gladly be happy with that but that is not the case with Smith. Never has been.

No chance of that ever happening - Rangers must win and all who are lucky enough to get the role of team manager know the price of failure.

It did last season :craphead:

It did last season :craphead:

It was his first full season in charge, we reached the UEFA cup final and a variation of some weird decisions by officials, congestion of games and possible fear of changing things that stopped us getting a domestic treble and possibe a quad.

i agree that walter should walk away if we dont win the title.

But if we do win it, would you mind him staying for another season?

Just curious as you seem to have taken a U-turn in your outlook on Wattie...

In Walter you trust? :P

He could win the treble and it would still be time for him to go.

He could win nothing this season and some supporters would still want him in charge next season.

No matter what happens, Wally Smith should not be in charge next season!

Getting fired out of Europe so early meant we had the focus on the league, or so they told us.

To me, if we fail to win the league then Walt should walk regardless of whatelse he brings in.

If he wins the league, he should probably go also as it would be a great end to his Rangers Career after 9 in a row, A UEFA cup final and stopping Celtic diong 4 in a row.

The only other thing that worries me is, Who replaces him???? <cr>