Shay Given

jim_beam

Currently undergoing a medical at Man City

I think Joe Hart's a cracking keeper but needs to be playing to develop , wonder what the plans for him will be ? Surely Given's gonna go straight into being no.1

Intresting

Hart and Kasper Schm are both really good goalkeepers, especially the former. Silly Man City, even though Given is brilliant.

Newcastle for the drop now, he's carried them on his shoulders for years.

Not if they sign McShagger!

They have a very able 2nd choice keeper, I`ve forgotten the boys name!!!

Harper's a good keeper but the rest of Newcastle's squad is still mostly pish, then they also still have Owen and Barton out injured as well.

Really disappointed in this signing for Man City though, Joe Hart will be a fantastic keeper and while he does need to develop aspects of his game he won't do that sitting on the bench for 3 years. Doubt he'll to be happy about it either, he's been first choice pretty much since a year within signing, displaced Isaksson and is now a full England international, can see him asking to move in the summer.

Harper's a good keeper but the rest of Newcastle's squad is still mostly pish, then they also still have Owen and Barton out injured as well.

Really disappointed in this signing for Man City though, Joe Hart will be a fantastic keeper and while he does need to develop aspects of his game he won't do that sitting on the bench for 3 years. Doubt he'll to be happy about it either, he's been first choice pretty much since a year within signing, displaced Isaksson and is now a full England international, can see him asking to move in the summer.

You've got to wonder about the other young players at City too. I like Daniel Sturridge, but I can see him not playing much with all the big names coming in. And remember Michael Johnson from last season? He's hardly played this time round because he can't get in the team.

I'll tell you something else now that Man City have money to burn I fully expect that they will overhaul everything from first team right through to the academies, replacing what is already there with more luxurious names.

If that happens then we should go after Jim Cassell to oversee the youngsters at Murray Park.

Joe Hart is a good keeper but Shay Given is on a totally different level.

Great signing for Manchester City should it go through. Given should have left Newcastle years ago, just ashame he's not winning a move to a club like Arsenal.