Why do so many want Lafferty to play on Sunday ?

superally29

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't understand the amount of support for Lafferty to be included in side on Sunday at expense of Boyd - WHY ? He's done nothing to justify this mis-placed loyalty to an unknown. Surely I'm not alone ?? :boyd:

The point is Lafferty has never played against them give him the chance we have no novo

and Boyd never plays against them he cant simple as that he's not quick enough.

and miller is like ferguson an automatic pick in smiths books.

Can't understand the amount of support for Lafferty to be included in side on Sunday at expense of Boyd - WHY ? He's done nothing to justify this mis-placed loyalty to an unknown. Surely I'm not alone ?? :boyd:

You are not alone

but do not try and support boyd in the lead up to an old firm game, no point , you will get slaughtered , as I normally get , although it can be a laugh at times

Lafferty will play on sunday, probably alone upfront

lets hope he performs well and we get a victory

You are not alone

but do not try and support boyd in the lead up to an old firm game, no point , you will get slaughtered , as I normally get , although it can be a laugh at times

Lafferty will play on sunday, probably alone upfront

lets hope he performs well and we get a victory

Lafferyty and fleck could start up front

:uk:

Because I'd play 4-5-1 and Boyd cannot play in that role, Miller is shite and Lafferty has done pretty well in his few games upfront.

This is not the type of game for Boyd, his form and performances have been pish and Miller has been awful for 16 games on the trot now.

He's done well in the time he's played up front.

It's not Lafferty's fault that Smith has a penchant for playing players out of position.

How would Boyd fare on the left of midfield? I think his goal tally would suffer terribly, just as Lafferty's does.

I think lafferty shows alot of promise, remember hes still a youg lad and has bags of talent. Hes been solid for his country and I think if he got a good run of games he would become a good striker for us. His last few appearances have impressed me.

What has Boyd done to justify a place in the team on Sunday?

I think lafferty shows alot of promise, remember hes still a youg lad and has bags of talent. Hes been solid for his country and I think if he got a good run of games he would become a good striker for us. His last few appearances have impressed me.

I too think he just MIGHT be ok in the long run - I also admit in the last couple of games he's played in he's looked OK, My point is more about why not so long ago a large majority on here thought he was shite & now want him into side for arguably the biggest league game of the season so far .

He's always been shite on the left, at Darlington, Northern Ireland and at Burnley - he's also looked pish on the left for us. However, put him upfront and he looks a different player. Miller, Boyd, McCulloch, Adam, Broadfoot have all been given chances, surely Lafferty deserves one?

Boyd played in the last Old Firm, is playing Lafferty upfront a bigger risk? IMHO, it's not.

What has Boyd done to justify a place in the team on Sunday?

On past old-firm games I understand all the arguments about Boyd not playing - I just don't reckon Lafferty has shown enough yet for his inclusion, He won't carry any more of a goal threat than Boyd in my opinion.

You'll say Boyd's earned his place with his goal tally this season, but he's our top scorer every year and yet he just doesn't do it against Celtic.

I agree Papaguy & I think the goal record argument has been used once too often, I am just surprised at how many have changed opinions & think Lafferty can do the business for us. If the big man plays I hope he has a blinder & shocks me !!