Why do so many want Lafferty to play on Sunday ?

superally29

It seems all the 'Boyd haters' can't find faults with Lafferty.Wonder why that is :rolleyes:

Control of the ball-Better than Boyd

Heading of the ball-For a big guy,not that good.

Finishing-Not seen him in enough oppertunites to score yet.

If we do play 4-5-1 I would rather Miller played,you just know he of all people would give 110% this game, and he can run the channels.

didnt do that in the aberdeen game when he was stuck up front in the lone striker role and was very poor in the last old firm game as well imo.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems all the 'Boyd haters' can't find faults with Lafferty.Wonder why that is :rolleyes:

Control of the ball-Better than Boyd

Heading of the ball-For a big guy,not that good.

Finishing-Not seen him in enough oppertunites to score yet.

If we do play 4-5-1 I would rather Miller played,you just know he of all people would give 110% this game, and he can run the channels.

didnt do that in the aberdeen game when he was stuck up front in the lone striker role and was very poor in the last old firm game as well imo.

Personnely,I don't want us to play 4-5-1,but if we do Laff is not the man for the job.

Btw I didn't say Miller was giving 110% in his last games,but you can be sure he will aganist his former employers.

I wouldn't play Lafferty on the basis hes never started a competitive game up front for us before and that is our manager's fault, not the guy himself. Lafferty should have been given some chances in his proper position especially with the recent form of Miller. The idea of him starting his first ever competitive game up front for us at Celtic Park just isn't something i'm comfortable with.

Oh and did these need a new thread? :anguish:

I do not think we have the goalscoring supporting players to play a winning 4-5-1,and I am not sure that Lafferty can hold the ball up.

He never looks in control of the ball and I do not think he has great awareness of what is happening around him. He is not an instinctive striker so I guess people want him to play the lone role because he can run about and harry opponents in the Miller role.

Lafferty can hold the ball up well enough, and he's good at running the channels.

All good but, putting the ball in the net? :craphead:

Something the majority of our "strikers" arent very good at, in fact, the rest of our team

I do not think we have the goalscoring supporting players to play a winning 4-5-1,and I am not sure that Lafferty can hold the ball up.

He never looks in control of the ball and I do not think he has great awareness of what is happening around him. He is not an instinctive striker so I guess people want him to play the lone role because he can run about and harry opponents in the Miller role.

Lafferty can hold the ball up well enough, and he's good at running the channels.

Something the majority of our "strikers" arent very good at, in fact, the rest of our team

Well i agree with your second point, but scoring isn't synonymous with playing the lone striker role, and Lafferty is by far our best option for the role.

The guy's clearly good at finishing.

Well i agree with your second point, but scoring isn't synonymous with playing the lone striker role, and Lafferty is by far our best option for the role.

True, but, in our situation, we are going to have to pray someone else can step up to the plate. I am so bored with us having strikers who dont score, haha and a team who wont play the ball on the deck

True, but, in our situation, we are going to have to pray someone else can step up to the plate. I am so bored with us having strikers who dont score, haha and a team who wont play the ball on the deck

Maybe Lafferty can step up to the plate. With 5 bodies in the midfield, 4 of whom like to play, i'm sure ball on the deck football will be the order of the day.

Maybe Lafferty can step up to the plate. With 5 bodies in the midfield, 4 of whom like to play, i'm sure ball on the deck football will be the order of the day.

Certainly hope so mate, we look so much better when we do that, and, in my opinion, when we do, there isnt a team in the country that can touch us in that form