***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

So in one match boyd has proved not good enough ? did i miss something ? he should have done better with the header i agree but what else did he do wrong ? , no support nothing no one even creating chances bar the two passes by davis to the donkey Miller who cant even get the ball under control. what i am reading is laughable. mind you come to expect that on this forum these days :(

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are so many people rubbishing Boyd's ability in the big games, when the clear problem that we have is we can't defend for shit.

Every single game we are ripped apart down our right hand flank.

Weir is far too slow to be playing in these games too, and is caught out of position far too often.

Whittaker and Weir need to get pushed aside.

Bring back Webster in January if it's possible.

And I'll tell you one thing, I cannot wait to see Kirk Broadfoot back in at right back.

He's a brilliant defender.

Shame he isn't great at attacking, but he's far better at right back than whittaker, an attacking midfielder who we paid £2 million for then shoved in defence.

So in one match boyd has proved not good enough ? did i miss something ? he should have done better with the header i agree but what else did he do wrong ? , no support nothing no one even creating chances bar the two passes by davis to the donkey Miller who cant even get the ball under control. what i am reading is laughable. mind you come to expect that on this forum these days :(

Boyd's proven he's not good on more occasions than last night Sparky.

Villarreal and celtic being a couple of obvious examples where he's choked in the big games.

He bleats in the press time and time again about being given the chance to score at the highest level. Last night he had the chance to put his goals where his mouth is. He failed miserably

Why are so many people rubbishing Boyd's ability in the big games, when the clear problem that we have is we can't defend for shit.

Because he has an obvious lack of ability to score in the big games.

Villarreal and celtic being a couple of obvious examples where he's choked in the big games.

He bleats in the press time and time again about being given the chance to score at the highest level. Last night he had the chance to put his goals where his mouth is. He failed miserably

Fucking Rooney, Torres, Drogba... They all have bad games.

You could pick out plenty.

Stop going for the easy target.

Boyd has next to fuck all experience of these games.

He needs to play in more, and the team need to sort themselves out moving forward to provide him with chances.

He had one solid chance all game, and the other shot he made himself.

Get a grip the lot of you.

Our defence has an obvious lack of ability to defend in the big games.

So if Boyd was to be scoring in these games, we'd still be letting in goals, hence drawing.

Go slag off the defence...

He needs to play in more, and the team need to sort themselves out moving forward to provide him with chances.

You're comparing Boyd to Rooney, Torres and Drogba to Boyd because he can score goals against the bottom SPL clubs?

He should play in no more! He's a big game bottle-merchant.

Ive mentioned this once before after his miss against sellik and il say again when did Kris Boyd become this one shot, one goal Schevchenko esq striker ?

Ive seen probably every game hes played for the Rangers in the past 4 years since hes been here and ive never seen this player.

If you expect him to give you goals you have got to give him chances.

You're comparing Boyd to Rooney, Torres and Drogba to Boyd because he can score goals against the bottom SPL clubs?

Jimbo come on, he has played 1 full game in the champions league ffs and your basing his career on that one performace, previous to last nihgt he has had a total of 50 minutes (mainly 5 or 10 minutes here and there) , how many minutes has he had against celtic, do we therefore imply that our whole squad isnt good enough for the big stage as they have played in all 5 games and done hee-haw against a team that is of a similar standard to the cannon fodder in our league ffs.

im going to assume your out with the rod Jimbo.

So if Boyd was to be scoring in these games, we'd still be letting in goals, hence drawing.

Why would I do that i the Kris Boyd thread?

Why should anyone else's poor performance be used as a reason for Boyd to escape criticism?

Jimbo come on, he has played 1 full game in the champions league ffs and your basing his career on that one performace, previous to last nihgt he has had a total of 50 minutes (mainly 5 or 10 minutes here and there) , how many minutes has he had against celtic, do we therefore imply that our whole squad isnt good enough for the big stage as they have played in all 5 games and done hee-haw against a team that is of a similar standard to the cannon fodder in our league ffs.

The rest are just as bad Sparky, but Boyd can't escape the fact that he's played his way into a the starting line-up and done nothing to justify being there.

If Miller/lafferty/Novo had missed that header all the Boydettes would be in her saying 'Kris would've scored that!' 'What is Walter playing at'. Well Walter gave him another chance at this level and he showed why he hasn't been picked in the other four games!

At this level he's no more likely to get you a goal than Misser! Which defeats the purpose of him being on the park. At least Misser might actually run about a wee bit....

IMO boyd did the best he could last night, very limited help and support , terrible balls upto him where he is expected to hold of 4 defenders for 10 minutes while one of the front 3 :lol: come to help him out :rolleyes: he should have SCORED that header i agree but to say he isnt upto this level of football is nonsense he has scored at international level which proves he can do it .

No.

Im saying that they all have bad games where they don't score, yet they don't get slaughtered.

A striker needs to be provided with chances to score.

This seasons goals to shots ratio:

Kris Boyd - 28%

Fernando Torres - 29%

Didier Drogba - 14%

Wayne Rooney - 11%

Jermain Defoe - 28%

He's up there with the best FINISHERS.

Provide him with the chances, he'll put them away.

This is why I'd have him in my team every game.

Get the midfielders sorted before berating Boyd

Why should anyone else's poor performance be used as a reason for Boyd to escape criticism?

You don't even do it in any other thread.

If you're not in here criticising Boyd, you're trying to be funny elsewhere.

[

The rest are just as bad Sparky, but Boyd can't escape the fact that he's played his way into a the starting line-up and done nothing to justify being there.

If Miller/lafferty/Novo had missed that header all the Boydettes would be in her saying 'Kris would've scored that!' 'What is Walter playing at'. Well Walter gave him another chance at this level and he showed why he hasn't been picked in the other four games!

At this level he's no more likely to get you a goal than Misser! Which defeats the purpose of him being on the park. At least Misser might actually run about a wee bit....

Jimbo, none of the mentioned strikers would have been there to header the ball, Laffery + Jump in same sentance is giving me a stitch, he was up against osorio (5 inches shorter than him) and couldnt win a header he had to move across to the other side to jump against a midget and even then he won 2 headers :lol:

as i said i agree he should have scored , as any good striker knows to head the ball down the way when the ground is wet :) i was raging last night but to base his whole career on that one miss is just down right :anguish:

IMO boyd did the best he could last night, very limited help and support , terrible balls upto him where he is expected to hold of 4 defenders for 10 minutes while one of the front 3 :lol: come to help him out :rolleyes: he should have SCORED that header i agree but to say he isnt upto this level of football is nonsense he has scored at international level which proves he can do it .

He should have scored against Villarreal and celtic as well. And when all you're capable of doing is scoring goals then that becomes a problem.

And come on ffs, it's Scotland...

Every other game where Boyd doesn't play, we have strikers missing chances.

Yet we dont say, "Right, he has been given a chance and missed a sitter. He shouldn't be in the fucking team".

He should have scored against Villarreal and celtic as well. And when all you're capable of doing is scoring goals then that becomes a problem.

when did Villarreal move to scotland ;)

My opinion Boyd is not good enough for OF games or champions league when we signed him we were hoping he would inprove but he has not. The lack of chances last night could be put down to his lack of ability to win free kicks and hold the ball up. If he can't hold the ball up the midfields can support to give him service. How many fouls does he give away with his back to goal?

The topic is Boyd. Boyd missed another chance in a high profile match last night.

He showed again that he's not good enough at that level. How Davis or Papac or Weir played is irrelavant. He did fuck all again...

I meant the national team. ;)

I'd certainly keep him for the like of Thistle and Killie tho..

My opinion Boyd is not good enough for OF games or champions league when we signed him we were hoping he would inprove but he has not. The lack of chances last night could be put down to his lack of ability to win free kicks and hold the ball up. If he can't hold the ball up the midfields can support to give him service. How many fouls does he give away with his back to goal?

1 man against 4 defenders he had no fucking chance all night ffs , i actually wonder if some of our fans understand the game or have played the game themselves cause most of them seem to have no clue tbh

The topic is Boyd. Boyd missed another chance in a high profile match last night.

He showed again that he's not good enough at that level. How Davis or Papac or Weir played is irrelavant. He did fuck all again...

It's not fucking irrelevant.

Rangers are not a one man team.

Even if Boyd were to play well, we are still leaking goals all over the place.

And he did not show again that he is not good enough at that level.

That's his first full 90 minutes at that level. :rolleyes:

No.

Im saying that they all have bad games where they don't score, yet they don't get slaughtered.

A striker needs to be provided with chances to score.

This seasons goals to shots ratio:

Kris Boyd - 28%

Fernando Torres - 29%

Didier Drogba - 14%

Wayne Rooney - 11%

Jermain Defoe - 28%

He's up there with the best FINISHERS.

Provide him with the chances, he'll put them away.

This is why I'd have him in my team every game.

Get the midfielders sorted before berating Boyd

Aye, but those other players are scoring against that calibre of opposition regularly. His goals are against SPL teams.

These players also offer something to the team. If Boyd doesn't score he's been a waste of a jersey.

I meant the national team. ;)

I'd certainly keep him for the like of Thistle and Killie tho..

;)

i honestly feel if we can get some decent ball playing midfielders then we would have a much better chance against europes elite but when you start the match with mcculloch , an under performing thomson and then the likes of lafferty ( who really is a pub player) and miller (cant control a ball) then we have no chance when playing 4-3-3 ( 4-5-1) as htere is simply no support