***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

My main reason for not giving him dogs abuse is because i really don't think it would have made any difference and i've seen other players also bottle good chance in Europe this season.

Boyd has only started one of the 5 Champions League games, therefor it's hard to give him much blame for the shambles that this group has been.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK was above anything some others produced tonight!

With that midfield how could you honestly expect Boyd to put in a terrific display?

I didn't ask for terrific. I just don't expect our only striker to pass up a chance like that.

Oh wait, it's Boyd in a pressure game.....I do.

I was talking about overall display, not the missed chance.

Keep up Jimbo!

As the striker his main job was to put the ball in the net....he failed miserably with the chance ad a half he managed to create.

Secondly; to link up with midfield win any high balls in the final third and work the centre-halfs as much as possible...he failed at this too, was blowing out his arse after 30 minutes and proceeded to then get booked for flinging his elbows about.

Number one argument from Boyd fans is 'goals win games'...well maybe if Boyd had kept his nerve and scored we may have won tonight.

Using the poor-standard of our other forwards as a reason to persist with this imposter is pathetic.

Anyone else would have been totally crucified for the chance he missed tonignt, along with the chance he missed against Villarreal.

You can sugarcoat it and slap a nice big bow on it all you want - the fact of the matter is that he's bottled the two biggest chances of his career!

He might have scored a couple against Dundee United and QOTS in cup finals, but I bet the man himself would have swapped them all for the one chance against the Yellow Submarine, definitely would have for the goal against them and the chance he had tonight.

Anyone else would have been totally crucified for the chance he missed tonignt, along with the chance he missed against Villarreal.

You can sugarcoat it and slap a nice big bow on it all you want - the fact of the matter is that he's bottled the two biggest chances of his career!

He might have scored a couple against Dundee United and QOTS in cup finals, but I bet the man himself would have swapped them all for the one chance against the Yellow Submarine, definitely would have for the goal against them and the chance he had tonight.

Of course, noone can deny he's missed two massive chances.

But to blame him (not saying YOU are) for going out of the CL, well two 4-1 home defeats did that for us already.

Boyd being probably our second best player behind Danny Wilson in the last few weeks seems to have gone out the window with you then.

You'd really rather have Kyle Lafferty in the side? :anguish:

Nope, I'd rather sell all our strikers for £6m and spend the money on two decent ones, instead of having five who can do some things but are drastically shite at most other things.

Of course, noone can deny he's missed two massive chances.

But to blame him (not saying YOU are) for going out of the CL, well two 4-1 home defeats did that for us already.

Nope, I'm not blaming him.

But he's missed the two biggest chances of his career, in terms of the teams they were against, and in Villarreal's case, it would have counted for so much for the club. Had those chances been against Killie at Ibrox, he'd have put them away! It must be a mental thing, but that's very hard to overcome.

Boyd being probably our second best player behind Danny Wilson in the last few weeks seems to have gone out the window with you then.

Nope, I'd rather sell all our strikers for £6m and spend the money on two decent ones, instead of having five who can do some things but are drastically shite at most other things.

Boyd's overall play has been much improved recently, i don't see any reason for that to suddenly stop right now after tonight.

We'd all like to sell people and buy better but we all know it isn't going to happen!

Against a side of any quality...? There a few forwards i'd have him ahead of.

He just can't handle the big occasion.

It's deja vu. He gret about getting on against celtic forever...got his chance and put his an easy chance straight at boruc.

Still at least that one was on target....

It must be a mental thing, but that's very hard to overcome.

I was thinking the same, it must be a mental thing. Look at the games against Celtic, two one on ones versus Boruc, both the exact both at the guy (in fairness he's twice the size of any goalie... but anyway :craphead:) ... any other goalie that'd be in the net.

The reason he only played in 1 out of 5 was because Smith was scared he would bottle it.

WS's worst fears were confirmed tonight.

But Miller bottled it in Unirea and Davis bottled it against Unirea at Ibrox.

Not just a Kris Boyd thing is it? Our Champions League campaign certainly couldn't have been any worse if Boyd had started the other games!

I was thinking the same, it must be a mental thing. Look at the games against Celtic, two one on ones versus Boruc, both the exact both at the guy (in fairness he's twice the size of any goalie... but anyway :craphead:) ... any other goalie that'd be in the net.

That's exactly what I'm getting at as well.

He needs to get over it, but he'll rarely get the chance until he does. It's a complete Catch 22, but it's completely down to Boyd and how he handles it.

The reason he only played in 1 out of 5 was because Smith was scared he would bottle it.

Not just a Kris Boyd thing is it? Our Champions League campaign certainly couldn't have been any worse if Boyd had started the other games!

But they aren't labelled as our 'best striker since Ally McCoist'.

Kris Boyd IS labelled as that, and as such, is expected to score easy chances.

So we just have to accept that he's shite because everyone else is too?

<cr>

That's exactly what I'm getting at as well.

He needs to get over it, but he'll rarely get the chance until he does. It's a complete Catch 22, but it's completely down to Boyd and how he handles it.

Considering how long he might be at the club hopefully he'll sort it. We could do with him getting over it and pumping the ball past ANY goalie like it's an SPL goalie..

Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

He missed a sitter....end of (tu)

Overall displays have always been an issue with him, hence why he's always had criticism despite a fucking immense goal record.

They can't suddenly just stop counting now because he missed the chance tonight. Looking at the situation outwith the missed chance he's still better than the other strikers currently and hence why i would play him on Saturday.

<cr>

It seems weird that Kris Boyd CANNOT be criticised, unless someone else in the squad is criticised at the same time.

A weird one that...

<cr>

I don't think he is/has been shite but that's not even the point.

Currently we can only pick a team from the players currently contracted to us and that includes him, and when it comes to options up front i think he's the best one as it stands. Life goes on after the game tonight.

Overall displays have always been an issue with him, hence why he's always had criticism despite a fucking immense goal record.

They can't suddenly just stop counting now because he missed the chance tonight. Looking at the situation outwith the missed chance he's still better than the other strikers currently and hence why i would play him on Saturday.

Played ok tonight, but still missed a sitter......a chance that most would score!

A sitter that could have got us back in the game. Might have been our only chance, but at this level, you have to take them!

He's got a habit of missing great chances in the bigger games.

<cr>:lol:

You say that as if, apart from scoring, he put in a textbook centre-forward displaytonight. He was shite.

No more shite than anyone else but shite none the less. And no-one else missed a sitter.

Yep, James is correct on this one.

You can't state fact on here when it comes to Boyd :anguish:

"Kris Boyd missed an important chance tonight from three yards out."

"Yeah, but....but Davis misplaced a pass on 33 minutes as well, so there!"

:anguish:

<cr>

It seems weird that Kris Boyd CANNOT be criticised, unless someone else in the squad is criticised at the same time.

A weird one that...

In general i just think Jimbo is over reacting to Boyd tonight, but maybe it's just the way i feel since i gave up on this European campaign a long time ago.

If he starts on Saturday i expect another good display like the last few weeks and hopefully a goal or two.