***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

Against the big guns Boyd has has proven that he has no form.

He's never started a Champions League game before, and if you count Celtic as big guns he's played the last two games against them and played well albeit not scored.

Have you actually given anyone else as much critisism over last night Jimbo? Not seen you in many if any of the other threads since last night, it's like you think Boyd is to blame. :pipe:

I think that's blatently obvious.

Fishing.

Deadly serious. Boyd should have scored last night, IMO if he had it would have been a different game.

By that logic we can blame Steven Davis for the Unirea defeat.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My opinion Boyd is not good enough for OF games or champions league when we signed him we were hoping he would inprove but he has not. The lack of chances last night could be put down to his lack of ability to win free kicks and hold the ball up. If he can't hold the ball up the midfields can support to give him service. How many fouls does he give away with his back to goal?

1 man against 4 defenders he had no fucking chance all night ffs , i actually wonder if some of our fans understand the game or have played the game themselves cause most of them seem to have no clue tbh

Think it may be you who has no knowledge of the game no chance up against 4 strikers thing is most strikers can play up there themselves, would Cousin, Prso, JCD, have held the ball up. You know the answer if the ball does not stick up front you will never win games. Boyd found out again!

Would they have held the ball up last night? Well they dont play for our club so I dont see what the point in suggesting them would do

We need wingers, wide players who can get by players and get balls into the box constantly keeping the opponents on their toes, we didnt have that, we had no width at all last night, or throughout our campaign, at least that way we wouldnt be just waiting around for 90 minutes hoping for the ball to break then castrating whoever gets our one chance we do manage to create

By that logic we can blame Steven Davis for the Unirea defeat.

Yes, go and open up a thread on him and i'll agree with you on that in there. That miss changed the game as well.

Davis however is neither lazy or technically inept. So I'm quite happy for him to play in the CL/against celtic.

What kind of argument is 'somebody else missed as well' <cr>

Jimbo give up man, you've been fishing all night :lol:

It's been a long lonely shift Alex.

All kidding aside, surely you have to agree that he let us down last night tho...?

:lol:

Aye right! :rolleyes:

I'm taking his silence as agreement Boab. After last night even McB can't ignore the truth.

McB wasn't online.

He did let us down in the sense that he didn't score yes, but i wouldn't go as far as you have :lol:

Jimbo give up man, you've been fishing all night :lol:

It's been a long lonely shift Alex.

All kidding aside, surely you have to agree that he let us down last night tho...?

:lol:

Aye right! :rolleyes:

I'm taking his silence as agreement Boab. After last night even McB can't ignore the truth.

McB wasn't online.

He did let us down in the sense that he didn't score yes, but i wouldn't go as far as you have :lol:

Fair play Alex. What are you changing your username to?

All our strikers are very poor!

Kyle Lafferty - Not good enough for Rangers. A complete waste of money!

Kris Boyd - Only does it against the smaller sides. Not good enough for the bigger games.

Kenny Miller - Far too inconsistant and goes on way too many goal droughts!

Nacho Novo - Runs about, pumps his chest, gets the crowd going but has very little quality.

Steven Naismith - Not benn given a run up front his year but the way he is playing he does not deserve to be playing at all.

Andrius Velicka - Injured but he is a complete donkey!

I was a Boyd 'basher'.. but have changed my mind purely based on his form lately. Like everyone, gutted he didn't score last night. But.. I won't slag him off based on last night's performance. Did well...

i knew if he missed his one real chance he would get it in the neck. He actually did okay last night and tried to play with very little support. He needs games at this level to prove himself, not 90 minutes then ditched , he did absolutely no worse than any of our striker in Europe this season.

what would use prefer boyd upfront or misser/lafferty/novo/naismith?

Lafferty.

He's got the potential.

Now i know (even more) you're taking the piss :lol:

Seems to have gone on too long to just be fishing but some of the views seem ridiculous, he's the only poster on here i've seen that still thinks Kyle Lafferty is good enough for Rangers. :disappointment:

My point about Steven Davis was that he missed a terrific chance from the spot to put us 2-1 ahead and possibly make it a different game. But that's ridiculous because you can't blame a single player for a game just gone horribly gone wrong even if they have missed a guilt edged chance. Even Jean Claude Darcheville wasn't to blame for the Lyon game at Ibrox , and we all know the chance he missed, because there was so much else wrong with us that night so the miss was only a part of it.

All our strikers are very poor!

Kyle Lafferty - Not good enough for Rangers. A complete waste of money!

Kris Boyd - Only does it against the smaller sides. Not good enough for the bigger games.

Kenny Miller - Far too inconsistant and goes on way too many goal droughts!

Nacho Novo - Runs about, pumps his chest, gets the crowd going but has very little quality.

Steven Naismith - Not benn given a run up front his year but the way he is playing he does not deserve to be playing at all.

Andrius Velicka - Injured but he is a complete donkey!

(tu)

Boyd proves(once again) why he is routinely left on the bench,against decent opposition.

I was really hoping that he would change my mind last night,but alas no. :(

Boyd was the only striker that looked to get into goal scoring positions, yes he missed what would normally be a routine finish for him, but he snatched at it, I am sure Ally had plenty of chances in big games before he started scoring regularly (remember all the booing he got). Boyd may not make it, but there are those on here that on here cannot wait jump on him as soon as he misses an opportunity. Until last night he had played 56 minutes of CL football FFS.

Fuckin hell, just noticed this, 112 pages :D My two cents: Boyd is a great finisher but in just about every other area of his game he's distinctly average. In our current situation - nae money, not really credible on the european stage - he's invaluable. He can be relied on for 30+ domestic goals every season. Doesnt matter who they come against, you still get three points no matter if its the best team in the league you beat or the worst. In games where a team is packing the defense, are well organised and look like they might hold out for a 0-0 a guy like Boyd is priceless.

To be honest, i doubt he'd be anywhere near as prolific even in the championship down south, but at the moment he's our most important player. We should be doing all we can to get him signed up on a new deal, because without him we will win less games, plain and simple. Unless we get a new investor into the club i suspect he'll be gone at the end of the season though, because you dont let a player you really want to keep get to the point where he has 6 months before he's availabe on a free transfer.

Lafferty.

He's got the potential.

omfg r u real lafferty!

thats a great idea lets get a guy that scores 6 goals at the most a season instead of a man that can score 30+ goals a season

thats the way forward

get to fuck please jimbo

Lafferty.

He's got the potential.

omfg r u real lafferty!

thats a great idea lets get a guy that scores 6 goals at the most a season instead of a man that can score 30+ goals a season

thats the way forward

get to fuck please jimbo

OMG! Hai newbs. :)

Boyd has had his chance against better quality teams and failed time and time again. He's a bottler, plain and simple.

If Laff was given the chances to play in his correct position who's to say he wouldn't do better. He's constantly being played out of position, we don't know how good a centre-forward he could be.

He certainly couldn't have done any worse than Boyd on Tuesday night. ;)

When McBoyd starts to turn on Boydie you know he must be in trouble...

Lafferty.

He's got the potential.

omfg r u real lafferty!

thats the way forward

get to fuck please jimbo

Boyd has had his chance against better quality teams and failed time and time again. He's a bottler, plain and simple.

If Laff was given the chances to play in his correct position who's to say he wouldn't do better. He's constantly being played out of position, we don't know how good a centre-forward he could be.

lafferty has played more big games than boyd and failed every game even if he does get played centre forward he wont score halfas many as boyd and he cant do any worse than boyd last nght well he did do worse he had to move over to the other side as he was getting destroyed down the left and struggled to beat a 5ft player in the air.

Lafferty.

He's got the potential.

omfg r u real lafferty!

thats the way forward

get to fuck please jimbo

+ what ur sayin is u think lafferty is a better striker than boyd?

Lafferty.

He's got the potential.

omfg r u real lafferty!

thats the way forward

get to fuck please jimbo

lafferty has played more big games than boyd and failed every game even if he does get played centre forward he wont score halfas many as boyd and he cant do any worse than boyd last nght well he did do worse he had to move over to the other side as he was getting destroyed down the left and struggled to beat a 5ft player in the air.

Phew take a wee breath there...punctuation's important in such a shite post.

Stick Boyd out on the left and then you'll see someone struggle!

Boyd showed again last night that he can't cut against teams of any quality, no surprise there. Lafferty has the potential to be a top player, something Boyd will never be.

I'd ship him out before he hinders Kyle Lafferty's career any further. We paid a lot of money for him.

Lafferty.

He's got the potential.

omfg r u real lafferty!

thats the way forward

get to fuck please jimbo

+ what ur sayin is u think lafferty is a better striker than boyd?

I think Lafferty is a better player than Boyd will ever be.