***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

Kris Boyd will NOT be going to Birmingham.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/s...eyes-Aiden.html

And SunSport understands the former Rangers boss is tracking Celtic idol McGeady with a view to tabling an offer which Hoops chiefs will find hard to reject.

But we can also reveal that Rangers stars Madjid Bougherra and Kris Boyd WON'T be targeted.

It's written in a paper, so it must be true.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tell you what though the saviour wasnt upto much at the weekend was he? fancy little flicks straight to the opposition and never in the right place all game :rolleyes:

Rangers fans have been watching Kris Boyd week in week out for years now, and have now come to a conclusion where you either rate him or not as a player.....or perhaps fall somewhere in between.

With Lafferty, some fans see potential in him. I'm one of them. Like Boyd, I will give him time to prove whether or not that potential I see is justified. One bad game or one poor game won't lead me to drawing final conclusions. He deserves more time, after such a stop-start beginning to his Rangers career where he's largely been played wide left, before any excessive criticism comes his way.

Tell you what though the saviour wasnt upto much at the weekend was he? fancy little flicks straight to the opposition and never in the right place all game :rolleyes:

Rangers fans have been watching Kris Boyd week in week out for years now, and have now come to a conclusion where you either rate him or not as a player.....or perhaps fall somewhere in between.

With Lafferty, some fans see potential in him. I'm one of them. Like Boyd, I will give him time to prove whether or not that potential I see is justified. One bad game or one poor game won't lead me to drawing final conclusions. He deserves more time, after such a stop-start beginning to his Rangers career where he's largely been played wide left, before any excessive criticism comes his way.

it was more a lighthearted dig, nothing serious i mean boyd did twice as much as lafferty at the weekend and is still taking all the pelters, there were 11 shirts on that pitch on saturday and 10 of them were empty.....

He was woeful. Every game he tries to be fancy, and he just doesn't have the ability to pull it off.

1-0 down, away from home, failing to keep hold of the ball, and Lafferty tries all this fancy shite. I hope the management drum it out of him!

He's needs to learn the basics first!

He was woeful. Every game he tries to be fancy, and he just doesn't have the ability to pull it off.

1-0 down, away from home, failing to keep hold of the ball, and Lafferty tries all this fancy shite. I hope the management drum it out of him!

Indeed it was soooo frustrating sitting watching that all game. Why is it soooo hard for our team too play pass and move football ? i was taught this from the age of 11 onwards once you hve passed find some space to recieve it back again, hardley rocket science :angry:

Indeed it was soooo frustrating sitting watching that all game. Why is it soooo hard for our team too play pass and move football ? i was taught this from the age of 11 onwards once you hve passed find some space to recieve it back again, hardley rocket science :angry:

Pass and move, steady. Let's master trapping a ball first :anguish:

Pass and move, steady. Let's master trapping a ball first :anguish:

Ball ? what ?

Looks like he can't even get a start in a must win Champions League game, to one of the weakest sides in the competition.

Come on Muff, you've seen we're playing 4-3-3-, and chances are that'll be a 4-5-1 for most of the game, you've said quite rightly before Boyd can't play up front alone if thats the case, so i think it's more a tactical thing.

Looks like he can't even get a start in a must win Champions League game, to one of the weakest sides in the competition.

Come on Muff, you've seen we're playing 4-3-3-, and chances are that'll be a 4-5-1 for most of the game, you've said quite rightly before Boyd can't play up front alone if thats the case, so i think it's more a tactical thing.

And whos fault is that? (and its not walters for picking the formation :P)

How many people still want him to play in a 4-3-3, it get's mentioned in match threads all the time. Played right, Boyd could play in that position - thankfully he's not.

If he cannot get the nod in a game against a team of this level, then he'll never start in the Champions League. Just so happens that we play our best, more attacking, and most effective football in a 4-3-3/4-1-4-1/4-2-3-1....

If only the manager adopted this approach in every game.

Bin the 4-4-2, and Boyd for good (tu)

How many people still want him to play in a 4-3-3, it get's mentioned in match threads all the time. Played right, Boyd could play in that position - thankfully he's not.

If he cannot get the nod in a game against a team of this level, then he'll never start in the Champions League. Just so happens that we play our best, more attacking, and most effective football in a 4-3-3/4-1-4-1/4-2-3-1....

I still remember the day we lined up with a forward 3 of

Charlie Adam - Kris Boyd - Steven Whittaker

:anguish:

If we were playing 4-4-2 i'm pretty sure he'd be up front alongside Miller.

We've played effective 4-4-2 before, but at the moment we're incapable of playing any formation strongly, no matter what it is.

If we were playing 4-4-2 i'm pretty sure he'd be up front alongside Miller.

We've played effective 4-4-2 before, but at the moment we're incapable of playing any formation strongly, no matter what it is.

When was the last time we could say the 4-4-2 formation we played, was effective?

It's a terrible formation for us, due to the personnel we have, and the way the manager uses it. We see a difference in performances, and organisation when we drop it - it might not be a massive difference, but it's more effective. Unfortunatley it wasn't for the full 90, but the 2nd half v Stuttgart, and 1st v Sevilla are two examples.

This choping and changing formation, and tactics is a load of bollocks.

Did we not start with a 4-4-2 against the scum and were 2-0 up after 16 minutes?

Exactly, straight after we went back to a scared 4-5-1 mode and managed to hold on.

We shouldn't be scared to attack, especially at fucking 2-0 up :anguish:

Exactly! :thumbup:

Exactly! :thumbup:

And just a few weeks ago you were saying that Muff talks shite when he disagreed with you on something. :rolleyes: