***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

Read a few articles on Boyd today regarding not willing to take a pay cut etc, and wanting a deal to match some of his team mates.

Now I'm all for the club opening up contracts talks, but no way should we giving him a wage increase. Give him the same terms and lets see how much he loves the club and how desperately he wants to stay. The same terms applies to Novo and Broadfoot!

He might be thinking that the top goalscorer shouldn't be one of the lower paid.

But i agree, Boyd knows fine well about our financial difficulties.

Boyd has to be careful on what he asks for, cause if he's being greedy it won't just be the club that turns his back on him.

Especially with our current situation, and what he's said in the past.

I don't think it would be greedy to ask for the same wage as the other main strikers like Miller & Lafferty.

At this moment in time yes it would be, Boyd has to be realistic if he wants to stay with us.

He's not asking for much only to be equal with some of his team mates, if hes not worth that then why do we keep trying to flog him for £3mil for a player who people on this forum(not me) think hes shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's personally asking for a rise, we currently are in a situation where we can't increase our out goings. that why we can't offer a increase and Boyd knows this only too well.

He will get the same terms offered with a clause incase we improve our financial situation, he's not on a bad wage as it is. If he wants to stay so much then he should help his boyhood club out.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boyd wouldn't have more chances because top drawer defenders aren't going to gift him the space that the hammer throwers of the SPL do.

Sevilla defenders gave him the space. He didn't score, but he got the chance.

Boyd wouldn't have more chances because top drawer defenders aren't going to gift him the space that the hammer throwers of the SPL do.

Sevilla defenders gave him the space. He didn't score, but he got the chance.

When they were 4-0 up and he missed the chance.

Kris Boyd would get zero space in the CL. And unless someone gives him a tap in from 6 yards he will be totally ineffective!

Naismith, Lafferty, Miller and Novo are all better options than him for these games.

No doubt Hateley will cop the flack due to Boyd splitting us down the middle, but you really cant argue with what Hateley is saying... I for one believe him when he says he's offered to help him adapt and Boyd turned him down thinking he knew everything himself. Afterall Boyd does come across like that.

He spoke to him in a night club and then upon hearing Boyd shout something out the window at him, told Kris to meet downstairs at the hotel for a talk.

He's always at Ibrox, why couldn't he make it down to talk to Boyd there? Or at Murray Park instead of a night club?

I for one hope Boyd does give Hateley a call. To either call his bluff, or genuinely have a old ibrox legend help him out AT the training park, not a nightclub.

I think what Hateley is saying is pretty accurate tbh.

Kris Boyd has been at the club for nearly 4 years and has shown no sign of improvement. Coincidence or is he just happy sitting on the bench for the CL games and most of the OF games?

Hateley shouldn't be writing articles about current players like this. Especially considering he's still on the Ibrox pay role, and we let him in to sit up with Walter.

We have enough sticks beating us from the media, who needs enemies eh?

When they were 4-0 up and he missed the chance.

Kris Boyd would get zero space in the CL. And unless someone gives him a tap in from 6 yards he will be totally ineffective!

Naismith, Lafferty, Miller and Novo are all better options than him for these games.

4-0 up or not they are still 'CL quality defenders' compared to SPL defenders.

The way we play at the moment, Kris Boyd would be pretty stuck in the CL. If our team and the service up front was much better, ALL the strikers would have many more chances.

No doubt Hateley will cop the flack due to Boyd splitting us down the middle, but you really cant argue with what Hateley is saying... I for one believe him when he says he's offered to help him adapt and Boyd turned him down thinking he knew everything himself. Afterall Boyd does come across like that.

He spoke to him in a night club and then upon hearing Boyd shout something out the window at him, told Kris to meet downstairs at the hotel for a talk.

He's always at Ibrox, why couldn't he make it down to talk to Boyd there? Or at Murray Park instead of a night club?

I for one hope Boyd does give Hateley a call. To either call his bluff, or genuinely have a old ibrox legend help him out AT the training park, not a nightclub.

He spoke to him when he 1st signed for us in a night club, it's not the only time the two stars would have met up over the years. As it's say both have each others number. Mark Hateley no doubt has been at Murray park and at Ibrox since then. Infact it wasn't that long ago Walter was bringing in ex 9inarow players into the dressing room to boost morale when we were in a slum.

You would think Boyd would use every opportunity he has to improve himself, and if the offer was there he would snap it up. But as Boyd has showed in the past he's highly strung and doesn't like constructive criticism. when at the end of the day people are just wanting to help him become a better player. So many excuses over the years on why he hasn't upped his overall game when really the blame is on Boyd himself.

If it was good enough for McCoist to adapt, then it's more than good enough for Boyd to follow suit!

:lol:

Not the fact he was/has been the leagues top scorer in recent times ??

:lol:

If you start every game you're more likely to score more goals than someone who doesn't play. Who's to say Lafferty or Naismith wouldn't have scored just as many if they'd started game in, game out last season?

so by your logic, Boyd doesnt start in Europe as he isnt good enough, so you suggest LAfferty,Miller and Novo to be better than him.

so why are THEY not starting 95% of the pishy league games against weaker opposition ????? if they are good enough against the big boys then why not the Shite boys ????

I'll look forward to this reply :rolleyes:

so by your logic, Boyd doesnt start in Europe as he isnt good enough, so you suggest LAfferty,Miller and Novo to be better than him.

so why are THEY not starting 95% of the pishy league games against weaker opposition ????? if they are good enough against the big boys then why not the Shite boys ????

Because they're blessed/cursed with the ability and versatility to play in more than one position, and we lacked a left sided player last season. Also they've been very unlucky with injury, whereas Boyd has not.

As I've said before, Boyd will more likely than not score loads of goals against the lesser teams, and I have no problem with him playing in those games. Sadly though his inability or unwillingness to up his level of play for more than 1 game a season means he'll never be a big game player.

Basically you dont have to work very hard to score in SPL if you are a striker in a Rangers team who create many chance.

However in a Champions league situation where we are playing teams who have better players and play in better leagues than us, then Boyd simply aint good enough or skillfull enough at that level. Lets not forget dont think Coisty scored many goals at champions league level.....one maybe...sure i will be corrected if wrong.

Boyd is a natural goalscorer who id have in my team if someone is alongside to set him up, however looks like he will be away come january anyway

its blatantly obvious that Walter doesnt rate him and as per the Hately story this tells you what we already know about Boyd thinks he runs the place just like Fergie did before him and look what happened to him. (Charlie Miller was another who thought he knew best...great talent wasted as wouldnt listen).

There have been many in the past and will be many more in future.

Thanks for the goals Boydie and enjoy wherever you end up next year...it will only ever be step down after Rangers.

Because they're blessed/cursed with the ability and versatility to play in more than one position, and we lacked a left sided player last season. Also they've been very unlucky with injury, whereas Boyd has not.

As I've said before, Boyd will more likely than not score loads of goals against the lesser teams, and I have no problem with him playing in those games. Sadly though his inability or unwillingness to up his level of play for more than 1 game a season means he'll never be a big game player.

ok (tu) Fair enough i'll agree to disagree :lol:

Who is the better striker? Boyd or McDonald?

Who would you rather have in your team?

Neither of them. Different type of players, and I wouldn't consider any of them to be good enough for Rangers, on a regular basis!

Overall you would have to say McDonald.

I wouldnt :sherlock:

Have no time for McDonald, hardly one for doing the business against the big boys either is he? with far more opportunities to

Have no time for McDonald, hardly one for doing the business against the big boys either is he? with far more opportunities to

No time for him either, a fat beachball, who is a horrible little tim bastard - although he's done it in the Champions League, SPL and against us.

He's troubled defences, which Boyd wouldn't get a sniff at - again, due to being different type of players.

That's not entirely true. McDonald has scored against us three times and he also scored goals for them in the champions League against Man Utd, AC Milan and Spartak.

Anyway since we are talking about him, I'm of the opinion that if we had signed McDonald when Smith wanted him, Boyd would have left us three years ago and we would never have signed Miller.

That's not entirely true. McDonald has scored against us three times and he also scored goals for them in the champions League against Man Utd, AC Milan and Spartak.

Anyway since we are talking about him, I'm of the opinion that if we had signed McDonald when Smith wanted him, Boyd would have left us three years ago and we would never have signed Miller.

It would have been closer if you highlighted the whole sentence fella ;) how many more starts has he had against us, and, how many more in Europe?

The 2nd part tho, I kinda agree, def about Miller, but, I think we would have had boyd and mcdonald up front, which, domestically at least would have been good maybe

Cheers for answering DBBTB and i'll follow on by saying we can bang on about... yeah but McDonald has had more opportunities than Boyd, but in roundabout the same time frame between the two players playing for the Oldfirm. McDonald has earned to play against better opposition while it's highly debatable that Boyd has stepped up or adapted his style to be considered.

Yet again the excuses roll out in defense of Boyd. When he himself could have took full advantage of the opportunity he had been given when he joined our Great club, and that's the biggest disappointment of all. :(