Is this why the yanks are in for us?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally off-topic, but there is something weird happening with the profile of the SPL due to our problems. Danish TV is showing our game with the scum and they haven't shown a single match since Gravesen was dropped by Strachan.

On-topic, we have been getting regular mentions in the New York times column that discusses "soccer" on TV since we signed Boca and Bedoya. They have regularly been plugging Rangers TV.

Fox Soccer Plus gets Scottish US TV rights

Published: March 13, 2012 3:48 PM

By The Associated Press  

LOS ANGELES - (AP) -- Fox Soccer is adding the Scottish Premier League to its schedule to go along with the top leagues of England, Italy and France.

Fox said Tuesday it had reached an agreement to televise the SPL on its Fox Soccer Plus network in the U.S. and Caribbean through the 2013-14 season. Its first game will be between Rangers and Dundee United on Saturday, and it will televise its first the Old Firm derby between Glasgow rivals Celtic and Rangers on March 25.

Celtic leads Rangers by 25 points. Rangers, who feature Americans Carlos Bocanegra, Maurice Edu and Alejandro Bedoya, have been in turmoil after filing for bankruptcy last month.

FSP plans to televise up to two Scottish matches per week and a half-hour highlights show.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Why would it? A contract with the SPL while welcome will be worth buttons to the SPL and Rangers. I dont believe there is much to be made in the US of A for Rangers whether we have Yanks playing for us or not. 99% odf Americans couldnt even name of players. Its like asking A Scotsman about the Oregon tree climbing league.

Just saying the yanks know as much about the SPL as we know about the Oregon tree climbing league :) Your OP was is this why they were bidding, it has no relevance as we wont ever make mch from this market i'm afraid

I get the point, I was taken the piss :lol: but the fact that I have had to explain that! I wasent really. :lol:

(tu)

Why would it? A contract with the SPL while welcome will be worth buttons to the SPL and Rangers. I dont believe there is much to be made in the US of A for Rangers whether we have Yanks playing for us or not. 99% odf Americans couldnt even name of players. Its like asking A Scotsman about the Oregon tree climbing league.

How many people knew a thing about American football before Sky started showing NFL?

People learn by watching.

I see this is for Fox Soccer Plus, which is the premium version of the regular channel so it's pretty hard to get unless you have the right cable provider with the 500 channel package or whatever

I'm also pretty sure they've shown Old Firm matches on the main channel in the past?