Rangers megastore JJB

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As title,

Heard today that the megastore will be changed from JJB to Sports Direct by Sunday.

Anyone else heard this doing the rounds, havent see any other topics on it?

I heard they were moving the ticket office into were the megastore is? Heard that on Wed when i was in the Q for the ticket centre.

to be honest I had always thought of sports direct as a bit down market

But then Ive only been in a few times its like The House of Sher for trainers :lol:

If they can increase our retail sales then great but we need to get RANGERS shops back in some high profile locations.

Tbh the sauce was from a manager of a JJB, who said the stores had received an emailing outlining what's happening with regards to it all..

Makes no real difference as it'll always be rangers megastore.

Thing that stuck out for me was saying itd be changed for Sunday. Thought he might of been talking shite as it seems a quick changeover of merchandise sponsorship

1345138464' post='1060338559']

the first frin thing we should be doing is getting a shop at the airport

walking past that mhank outlet gives me the boke

However by way of profile we really should have a shop in the airport

I agree, that does my nut in. Last thing you see before departure is that shop.

For the people saying Sports Direct is a bit low market (2011 figures):

JD Sports - Revenue: £883,700,000 (eight hundred and eighty three million, seven hundred thousand), Operating Income: £79,900,000, Net Income: £55,900,000

Sports Direct - Revenue: £1,599,200,000 (effectively £1.6bn), Operating Income: £134,700,000m, Profit: £83,200,000

JJB Sports - Revenue: N/A, Operating Income: £46,400,000, Net Income: £34,600,000

Yes, the brands on offer might not be as high quality in Sports Direct, e,g. Lonsdale and the like, but Mike Ashley isn't daft and with last year's revenue at £1.6bn compared to the competitors it's hard to see any negatives from having him on-board with the new regime and Sports Direct as our shops instead of JJB who, let's face it, are near the bottom of the slippery slope.

For the people saying Sports Direct is a bit low market (2011 figures):

JD Sports - Revenue: £883,700,000 (eight hundred and eighty three million, seven hundred thousand), Operating Income: £79,900,000, Net Income: £55,900,000

Sports direct (and JD to a certain extent) make bigger profits because they own the brands that they sell. SD own Lonsdale, Wilson, Karrimor whilst JD own Benzini. That may be a reason Ashley is investing as he has a history of owning/part owning the brands that he sells. Can only see it being a good thing as they are pushing JJB over the edge.

And JJB's American investor has written off their share in JJB do expect more hard times ahead.

Sports Direct - Revenue: £1,599,200,000 (effectively £1.6bn), Operating Income: £134,700,000m, Profit: £83,200,000

JJB Sports - Revenue: N/A, Operating Income: £46,400,000, Net Income: £34,600,000

Yes, the brands on offer might not be as high quality in Sports Direct, e,g. Lonsdale and the like, but Mike Ashley isn't daft and with last year's revenue at £1.6bn compared to the competitors it's hard to see any negatives from having him on-board with the new regime and Sports Direct as our shops instead of JJB who, let's face it, are near the bottom of the slippery slope.