The Guardian Roy Greenslade

rangersxfc

The Gaurdian is on rocky ground for publishing this article.

The Sun is much more litigation conscious at the moment for obvious reasons hence that will be one of the reasons that the story was pulled. By writing this story, Greenslade highlights himself and his paper more for standing up for such an obvious bad decision. A blind and deaf journalist could tell that Phil 3 names has an unsavoury agenda.

His piece almost reads like a cry for help.

What has went wrong with that paper? I do not read it very often but it would appear that the editorial team are somewhat naive now. When sensitive subject matters are being discussed, these papers have a civic duty to present a balanced viewpoint. Sadly missing in this case.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we not able to comment on his article? It's ridiculous, the Guardian is very good at being open and transparent and only tend to disallow comments on articles involving criminal trials and other legal minefields.

The Grauniad is a shithole of hand wringing lilly livered liberal fukwit bleeding heart do fuck all do gooders. :sherlock:

Mmmmmmmm interesting I will need to tell my missus the 2 years she's lived up here makes her Scottish, nowait, the 18 years I spent in england make me English, no wait, the 1 year I spent in Eire make me oirish.....aw fuck I'm confused now!

WHAT THE FUCK AM I?

I have the same problem, Irish dad and I was born in Scotland now living in England. So instead of being confused I am totaly "BRITISH AND PROUD OF IT" God bless the QUEEN and THE MIGHTY GLASGOW RANGERS.

We could always write in to the letters page and ask why they employ IRA sympathisers or are they an IRA rag now. That would wake them up to who writes for them and the ramifications of this.

They have a readers' editor who would address it more directly I think. A letter would just get lost in the ether.

Readers' editor

Funny how his blog is "obviously satirical" but the greatest satire of all - The Famine Song, made him and his daughter cry!

Beat me to it! A bunch of pissed up football fans singing a silly (but quite funny) song to the turn of the Beach Boys is a matter for the law courts. But a sober, well-educated professional journalist writing that utter fucking filth in the cold light of day, then posting it on his blog to be seen by a global audience? No, that's satire. Greenslade and Thomson are making total and utter cunts of themselves, and I sincerely hope the rest of the world sees that.

Whit is it wae bheggar glesga city cooncil chambers staff and back scuttlin, is there a fuckin plague of it at George Square ? Another report from the herald celtic and all things bheggar correspondent gerry the altar bhoy braiden ! :sherlock:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/council-chief-speaks-out-in-favour-of-same-sex-marriage.18740251

I mentioned this guy a while ago on RM.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2011/dec/28/stv-group-rangers?INTCMP=SRCH

Look at paragraph 6 and 7.

Phil three names gives him the story. Greenslade quotes three names as the NUJ member. The article implies that it is from an STV union official but its not. Its McGilliven.

So we can say and do anything we want to now as long as we say it's satire?

Great I'm fine with that, as long as it works both ways. we should be able to sing the famine song etc to our Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) content if this is the case.

Guy who wrote ira propaganda coming out in support of phil the failed journalist another ira sympathiser, who would have thought eh?

When will they be looking into Phils background and the reasons for his self-imposed exile to Ireland ?

The gimp has the cheek to slate the scottish press for not investigating things and yet nobody has yet peeked under his veil to see what lurks there.

There are reasons few publishers give the wee bigot the time of day.