Do any of us support Scotland Anymore?

StoneyGer

I went on Saturday and have never felt that way at a football match in my life.

I've always managed to serparate club and country football (like a sellick player scoring for Scotland and still being able to celebrate it) but it really does feel like you're supporting everyone who fucked us over in the last 7 months now. I don't think I'll be back for a while.

PS Fuck Craig Levein.

Psdont go back and well done for filling the coffers of the SFA the organisation who partly tried to kill your club

Fuck them alll

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on Saturday and have never felt that way at a football match in my life.

I've always managed to serparate club and country football (like a sellick player scoring for Scotland and still being able to celebrate it) but it really does feel like you're supporting everyone who fucked us over in the last 7 months now. I don't think I'll be back for a while.

PS Fuck Craig Levein.

Psdont go back and well done for filling the coffers of the SFA the organisation who partly tried to kill your club

Fuck them alll

It's over for me an mine. I wont pay money into an organisation that has worked so deviously to damage our club.

Fuck the SFA and their works team. I was also thrilled to see the vast, empty spaces at their shitey stadium tonight.

Well done to all bears who boycotted the fannies!

Sitting in a pub in Jakarta having this conversation

Personally I've followed Scotland home and away...but for me not anymore.

My view is F#ck them and the SFA and the likes of Paysmith that play for them. Added to the treatment of Black in the last friendly does any bear really support Scotland now?

Its an easy decision for me as my mums family is all German so I could support them if i cared about international football but what about other fans?

Even Norn Iron have those two turncoats F#cks playing for them.

no German bombers in the air :uk: I find it hard watching the likes of naismith and mcgregoer playing for scotland after how they turned there back on us for there finacial gain for them and there families.but yeah i always support scotland i never went tonight. and i always support rangers,Rangers is part of my family and i feel the whole club is a big family.

Scotland is the country of my birth which i feel i shall support and most of all defend if ever attacked by any outsiders.watp :superally:

I used to be into the national team, under Walter and Eck, at least. I think most people probably were.

As I grew up, I found myself growing a little disinterested in international football, at least during the season, I'm only really interested in Rangers, and see international breaks as an inconvenient disruption to the season. International football is only interesting to me when it's during the summer since there's no club football going on.

I find it hard to bother with our national team. I'm not a very patriotic Scot, so I don't find myself obligated to support them. There's also all the current issues going on that have made me rather bitter towards the Scottish football establishment in general. It's fair enough for someone like Ally to say, "Forget what the SFA have done, it's about the team.", but when you see stuff like Wallace and Black being left out, even though it's fucking clear that they should be there, but because they're playing in D3, they should be automatically left out. It just makes me wonder. Is Levein just really that stupid? Or is there something else going on? Does he really really base his squad on profile or even more arbitrarily, what league the players play in? If so, then you have to wonder about how he got the job and who gave him it.

It would be a different story if I knew we were playing our best team. But we aren't. As much as I dislike Naismith he is still a good player but he was on the bench for our game against Macedonia. Steven Fletcher should be in these games as well and yet he hasn't represented his country in ages.

And I look at Lee Wallace and Ian Black and wonder why they aren't getting an opportunity. IMO if they are the best players Scotland has in those positions then Levein should be playing them and it shouldn't matter what division they are playing in.

EDIT: And McCulloch should be given a chance to come out of international retirement. He is desperately needed.

The main thing that puts me off having any interest in Scotland is the tartan army and the total anti-English crap they come out with, until 15 or so years ago it was just about supporting Scotland for most of them now it's more about spewing bile against England. Found the jeering of GSTQ a few years back quite sickening as well and thought that showed the republican mindset of the fanbase that follows Scotland now.

Also the tartan army are becoming more and more like that lot from the east end of Glasgow every day. The delusions of being loved by the entire world and thinking they follow a team that is much better than it really is are common traits among the TA and the hooped horrors, as is the hatred of anything unionist as well.

Far too much water has gone under the bridge for me to ever be any kind of supporter of the national team again, the wings over Scotland small minded mentality of most Scotland fans make it hard for me to have any interest in them maybe one day when all the republican crap is put to bed they may go back to being the Scotland that Rangers fans and players were proud to represent, till then it's Rangers for me and feck every other team.