Proposed Supporters Boycott Of SPL Club's In League Cup

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should supporters boycott any SPL team they may be drawn away to in the League Cup?

On this issue, I'm not sure that there is much difference in watching the Gers at home or away against SPL clubs in a cup game. After all, Motherwell got a tidy sum from us last week. League games are an entirely different matter as the home team keeps the gate money. When it's a cup tie, we get a reasonable share of the proceeds. If attending at all then no-one should buy any food, drink or programmes.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total boycott of all SPL grounds. No matter the competition. And continued until we see at least one of them fold. Then we can see if they are treated the same way as us.

I honestly can't see it happen though.

Anyone who attends other SPL grounds is giving up their right to complain about the treatment we receive constantly.

It is purely a personal choice and I respect peoples right to choose.

However, I can't understand why anyone would do anything that helps the very SPL clubs that tried to kill Rangers. They showed us absolutely no mercy, so we should reciprocate.

It is not being as bad as them as some have said. Only a fool turns the other cheek to get that slapped as well.

No more dignified silence or rising above it. That is what the frightened appeasers would have us do. There have been a lot of new members on here recently all pleading for us not to take action.

It's clear they are now worried for their clubs.

Well they should be.

We're not coming but if they listen closely Armageddon is :lol:

It's not all about money.

It's a statement of intent.

If we turn up in our usual numbers then what message does that send to the SPL and SFA?

That all they have to do is ride out this year, get the leagues reconstructed and the cash cow will be back.

And it will happen because we have a gutless support who are happy to be vilified and abused.

Don't agree with a boycott as it could be at the expense of our own success. However this is everyone's personal choice, and I have seen in other threads about a peaceful picket line., this would be an embarrassment to us as a support and totally unnecessary. We are all bears and even though we may disagree in certain matters we all should respect each other . If people do or don't boycott that's their choice nobody should be made feel uneasy by their decision.

As I posted before, due to the increase of empty seats and the lower attendances, it looks as if SPL team supporters are already boycotting their own teams in protest against the mighty Gers not being in the SPL. :clap:

I totally support a boycott to get the message across to the SPL that we dont like them and we dont care. :7325:

Don't agree with a boycott as it could be at the expense of our own success. However this is everyone's personal choice, and I have seen in other threads about a peaceful picket line., this would be an embarrassment to us as a support and totally unnecessary. We are all bears and even though we may disagree in certain matters we all should respect each other . If people do or don't boycott that's their choice nobody should be made feel uneasy by their decision.

"Expense of our success" ?

We are a success already in the SFL record attendances, results against much higher teams, strong support focussed and motivated.SPL on the way down without us.The sooner the SPL is gone the more sucessful we will become.

I have seen in other threads about a peaceful picket line., this would be an embarrassment to us as a support

I agree, no bear should be comfortable with supporting the SPL but I would still want my fellow supporters to make up their own minds. We are a democratic support, and I will support any Bears freedom of choice. The poll will reflect true feeling.

"Nobody should be made to feel uneasy about this decision"

Haven't you heard ? It's a war with the SPL. They would have gladly kill us, and the least help we give them the better. This is an easy decision and should not make any Bear uneasy.

If the SFL lose out a on some revenue then I am sure our contribution in the league and to the future league set up will more than compensate.

I support the boycott. The sooner the corrupt SPL is brought down the better.A boycott will bring about this quicker.If we go soft then the bastards will just kick us in the nuts again and again.Stand firm.

A complete boycott of SPL away grounds in all competitions would achieve several things. It would starve the opposition of money and as most of them are poor at cash generation this would have an impact. It would send a message to the rest of the SPL teams that they are going to get no financial benefit from us when they play us at their home game. This action would also send a message to Rangers that their support is expressing its anger towards these other teams and want Rangers to not become friends with these other clubs. It would be a clear drawing of the lines and how the action will be conducted. It would be a visible demonstration to the SPL and the SFA about how the hand that fed it for over a hundred years can be pulled away and they would know the consequences of this, despite whatever bluster comes out of them.

The negative of a boycott is that the team is turning up without a support but they will recognise what this action is and who it is aimed at. Rangers player will get used to this very quickly and will perform even if we are not there. We may go out of a cup initially but the players will adapt to the new circumstances. Indeed it may help at one level as when we are in Europe again and far from home with no support, this will not be a shock for them. In the cup rangers will not get any money but this will not cripple the club and can be made up in some way else.

If you want to send the message above, 100% boycott is the most effective way of achieving this. But if you want to feed the dog that bit the hand that fed it, then go but don’t expect any gratitude from the other club or their fans. Only abuse and ridicule will flow from them.

On this issue, I'm not sure that there is much difference in watching the Gers at home or away against SPL clubs in a cup game. After all, Motherwell got a tidy sum from us last week. League games are an entirely different matter as the home team keeps the gate money. When it's a cup tie, we get a reasonable share of the proceeds. If attending at all then no-one should buy any food, drink or programmes.

Exactly my point

I am all for showing the rest of this countries football supporters that we will no longer stand by and allow our club or fans to be taken for a ride, but does boycotting a Cup game away to an SPL side not starve us of extra income because of the share in gate receipts we receive or am I missing something?

I can't quite see how a boycott in any of the cups can work if there is revenue share involved as we are hurting ourselves also?

I think if we are trying to make a statement then along with the boycott we should open Ibrox at the same time as the away game. We can make a donation while at the same time giving a big Fcuk you to the SFA/SPL.

Now that would make a statement - 50 thousand bears singing fuck the SPL - Would CG go for that?

"Expense of our success" ?

We are a success already in the SFL record attendances, results against much higher teams, strong support focussed and motivated.SPL on the way down without us.The sooner the SPL is gone the more sucessful we will become.

I have seen in other threads about a peaceful picket line., this would be an embarrassment to us as a support

I agree, no bear should be comfortable with supporting the SPL but I would still want my fellow supporters to make up their own minds. We are a democratic support, and I will support any Bears freedom of choice. The poll will reflect true feeling.

"Nobody should be made to feel uneasy about this decision"

Haven't you heard ? It's a war with the SPL. They would have gladly kill us, and the least help we give them the better. This is an easy decision and should not make any Bear uneasy.

If the SFL lose out a on some revenue then I am sure our contribution in the league and to the future league set up will more than compensate.

I support the boycott. The sooner the corrupt SPL is brought down the better.A boycott will bring about this quicker.If we go soft then the bastards will just kick us in the nuts again and again.Stand firm.

Your right about our success off the field and I was never in doubt we would be successful in that respect because of our loyalty no matter what. But I mean success on the field. Nothing would give me more satisfaction than winning a cup this year more than most years! That's what I think is a bigger 'fuck you' to these clubs rather than them not making a few quid that they weren't banking on anyway. That's the statement I want to make ' no matter what you do to us we will always be bigger and better than you!'. We've already proved we are bigger than the rest. Now on the park we can be better but i think the team needs our support to do that.

However as much as i dint like the idea of it, if everyone is all in with the boycott and it's official I'd go along with it.

A complete boycott of SPL away grounds in all competitions would achieve several things. It would starve the opposition of money and as most of them are poor at cash generation this would have an impact. It would send a message to the rest of the SPL teams that they are going to get no financial benefit from us when they play us at their home game. This action would also send a message to Rangers that their support is expressing its anger towards these other teams and want Rangers to not become friends with these other clubs. It would be a clear drawing of the lines and how the action will be conducted. It would be a visible demonstration to the SPL and the SFA about how the hand that fed it for over a hundred years can be pulled away and they would know the consequences of this, despite whatever bluster comes out of them.

The negative of a boycott is that the team is turning up without a support but they will recognise what this action is and who it is aimed at. Rangers player will get used to this very quickly and will perform even if we are not there. We may go out of a cup initially but the players will adapt to the new circumstances. Indeed it may help at one level as when we are in Europe again and far from home with no support, this will not be a shock for them. In the cup rangers will not get any money but this will not cripple the club and can be made up in some way else.

If you want to send the message above, 100% boycott is the most effective way of achieving this. But if you want to feed the dog that bit the hand that fed it, then go but don’t expect any gratitude from the other club or their fans. Only abuse and ridicule will flow from them.

Cannot disagree with any of that, great post ZZed. :clap::clap:

I live down south now so don't get to any games unfortunately. My heart says no boycott as the fans could show the world who we really are and get behind the team when behind SPL enemy lines. But I also think that we should be shouting GIRFUY when we have the chance, so it would be difficult decision for me. I wouldn't blame anyone for boycotting nor for going to the games, though I think there is a slight difference between the League Cup and the Scottish Cup, with the former being more acceptable to go. I don't really know exactly how I feel or what I would do, TBH.

Fucking bastards the lot of them.

Your right about our success off the field and I was never in doubt we would be successful in that respect because of our loyalty no matter what. But I mean success on the field. Nothing would give me more satisfaction than winning a cup this year more than most years! That's what I think is a bigger 'fuck you' to these clubs rather than them not making a few quid that they weren't banking on anyway. That's the statement I want to make ' no matter what you do to us we will always be bigger and better than you!'. We've already proved we are bigger than the rest. Now on the park we can be better but i think the team needs our support to do that.

However as much as i dint like the idea of it, if everyone is all in with the boycott and it's official I'd go along with it.

My heart agrees a possible cup win this season, pumping SPL teams along the way would be a massive masssive girfuy, but my brain says this is not a given. Hitting the corrupt SPL financially and not supporting them will show our strength and integrity.For me it is cups v integrity.

(Will be a difficulty though if we get to a final !)

(And we will still win leagues and break records along the way :7325: )

A cup game at Ibrox would "fund the enemy" so will you boycott Ibrox if we get a home tie against spl opponents?

I don't think its as black and white as you put it. But I'll probably change my mind again next week.

yes i just did, the motherwell game. i think ibrox is slightly different(although i thought it should have been boycotted).

yes i just did, the motherwell game. i think ibrox is slightly different(although i thought it should have been boycotted).

Its not just about the money, We support our own at our home as we have integrity. We do not enter the houses of those who hate us and want us destroyed.

Much the same as Misteral in circumstance and view.

For this to work it would have to be extremely well organised and publised to reach all Bears.

Maybe I have missed it, but I havent seen it brought up, on the view that we go all the way to a cup final, against a SPL team, I think that would be the hardest decision, in reality I would think it would have the greatest impact, a final boycott, but can imagine that it would wrenching for most Bears to say the least.

If the decision is made to boycott it has to be followed through to the end even if that end is a final.

Its not just about the money, We support our own at our home as we have integrity. We do not enter the houses of those who hate us and want us destroyed.

i have no problem with people who went to the motherwell game. but enter there den and u may aswell be with them in my opinion.