Green statement

BEARGER

aye ok..........

So you'd rather the agenda driven media dug this up at a later date and put him on the spot?

Charles Green: Rangers supporters are the greatest fans in the world.

Press: We've recently learned you were taking advice due to death threats from Rangers supporters.

Charles Green: ................

Sometimes you just have to get out in front of things.

Agreed, but your back to my point that just now wasn't the time to get out in front of things.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but your back to my point that just now wasn't the time to get out in front of things.

So when is?

If the club doesn't admit these things when asked and it comes up later it will look worse, particularly in the eyes of an investor.

I'd much rather put money into a company/club that was being frank and open with me than one that wasn't.

Or would you prefer that the only image being portrayed of our clubs support was one that doesn't exist, because anyone with proper money to spend will see straight through that.

So when is?

If the club doesn't admit these things when asked and it comes up later it will look worse, particularly in the eyes of an investor.

I'd much rather put money into a company/club that was being frank and open with me than one that wasn't.

Or would you prefer that the only image being portrayed of our clubs support was one that doesn't exist, because anyone with proper money to spend will see straight through that.

Apologist.

There is a time for us to reflect on our support and to take action on any we find that go too far. That time is not now. We need to drive positivism and solidarity through everything we do.

This interview was knife to the heart of that.

I'd rather the club I supported didn't do *sweep sweep*

The timing and content of the interview must be deliberate. Charles knows full well that there is an IPO be launched, a prospectus to be published and he (and presumably Ally) will have to do the milk rounds of presentations to the professional invesment community. I guess one of the questions they'd be bound to be asked is to guage the extent of support Rangers fans will give to the IPO and to his leadership of the club. Now I don't think messages about the stuff Charles covered in the interview would be a good thing at the time of their speaking to investors. These folks are no mugs and see through flim flam waffle. Maybe the interview and content are part of the communications strategy so that less relevant stuff they might be questioned on is reduced as is the risk of their being derailed by press spin being put on the wrong stuff at that time. So if he is really signalling out loud that initial times were tough, he and his team is over that, they are tough determined folks themselves and are focussed on getting the very best future for Rangers then any questions about the early days can be said to be firmly behind Charles, the Board and Rangers and the sole focus is on delivering the best future for the club. Rightly or wrongly that's the way I'm looking at the interview and his later statement which I see as adding necessary clarity (bearing in mind that he does not have editorial control over what the newspaper actually prints or the emphasis they put on the interview)

at least h was quick to apologise - this is a right cock-up by Green, gave our haters buckets of ammo & is a shocking piece of PR. Feeling a bit let down this week by our 2 top men, Ally comes to work dressed like a tramp and Green plays up to the masses with this death threat pish.

Can't recall the game but in pretty sure Advocaat didn't wear the suit in one of our away European matches when in charge??

Just wondering if Ally was to say he was more comfortable wearing trackies during the game but was suited and booted before and after matches how would you feel?

Posts on a message board are meaningless and seen by virtually noone. The Rangers Chief Executive announcing in a national newspaper that supporters from his club had issued death threats that necessitated him moving flat every 7 days and checking his car for bombs in the middle of trying to sell an IPO is fucking stupid.

Post are seen by no one, except of course when the main stream media choose to use them to support their agenda. Or had you missed that bit? Fact is certain cretins with an agenda in our support have made stupid remarks, Dibble and the press seized on them.

Can't recall the game but in pretty sure Advocaat didn't wear the suit in one of our away European matches when in charge??

Just wondering if Ally was to say he was more comfortable wearing trackies during the game but was suited and booted before and after matches how would you feel?

disgusted, like i was on saturday.

at least h was quick to apologise - this is a right cock-up by Green, gave our haters buckets of ammo & is a shocking piece of PR. Feeling a bit let down this week by our 2 top men, Ally comes to work dressed like a tramp and Green plays up to the masses with this death threat pish.

"Dressed as a tramp"

Go to fuck with the tramp quote, youre a fucking declan in disguise...

"Dressed as a tramp"

Go to fuck with the tramp quote, youre a fucking declan in disguise...

damn, i almost got to 3 thousand posts before being found out :lol:

get back to the kitchen hen, or do you not have a man to cook for?

Posts on a message board are meaningless and seen by virtually noone. The Rangers Chief Executive announcing in a national newspaper that supporters from his club had issued death threats that necessitated him moving flat every 7 days and checking his car for bombs in the middle of trying to sell an IPO is fucking stupid.

CG said it in July. What's the suns agenda in running the story on it now? Well I could think of any number of things. But that would make me paranoid :pipe:

Fuck sake,and to think you were calling me a taig yesterday for sticking up for my teams manager.

You need to have good look at yourself ya tube.

Fuck sake,and to think you were calling me a taig yesterday for sticking up for my teams manager.

You need to have good look at yourself ya tube.

you still here ya fuckin cow? you'll get bored and head back to fiddler street in no time. (tu)