See all these fans who are offended by songs, swearing, drunk fans etc

GOAT

What I hate is the idea that singing songs like TBB makes you a bigot. Does it fuck.

Even worse when you get bears saying "I'm no a bigot cause I don't sing songs that are deemed offensive". So you're labelling your fellow supporters bigots because they sing songs which have been deemed offensive by clueless wanks? Away and take a good fuck to yourself anyone who does this

What makes them clueless wanks?

Many of our songs are deemed offensive but it seems celtic can sing and do as they please! no-one likes us we dont care! :cgreen::7325:

So you take a vested interest in the tarrier songbook?

I couldn't tell you one rattler song IMHO.

Banning a song that doesn't do anyone any harm. It's a fucking SONG. Anyone that is offended by it has to take a good look at themselves.

So if it doesn't do any harm then it's all fair game.

So i call someone who is a black a 'n**ger' thats fine as it does no harm?

I take it you merrily sing the non offensive songs in the office too?

i find "oo a up the ra" offensive and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to make it out! (tu)

So when did you last hear that?

I am offended by it but going by Q11s logic as they IRA have never hurt me I should let it pass?

It's a completely different scenario. Most fans that sing it don't even mean Catholic when they sing it. The fact you have compared calling someone a "fenian" to calling someone a "n****r" says it all.

So when did you last hear that?

I am offended by it but going by Q11s logic as they IRA have never hurt me I should let it pass?

a mate showed me footage online of them at it against spartak moscow in europe and they done it at tynecastle too! call me a closet tim if you want, go ahead but im not bothered!

And obviously I would not sing the songs in the office, nor would I burst into any other football song. What a stupid thing to say. So you hit out with Blue Sea of Ibrox in the middle of your work? A complete non point. Tit.

It's a completely different scenario. Most fans that sing it don't even mean Catholic when they sing it. The fact you have compared calling someone a "fenian" to calling someone a "n****r" says it all.

You can't pick and choose race or religion to suit your agenda.

Why the need to sing about it in the first place then?

a mate showed me footage online of them at it against spartak moscow in europe and they done it at tynecastle too! call me a closet tim if you want, go ahead but im not bothered!

Why would I call you a closet tim?

Is your mate a tim though?

If he's a bear he needs a boot on the baws.

What I hate is the idea that singing songs like TBB makes you a bigot. Does it fuck.

Even worse when you get bears saying "I'm no a bigot cause I don't sing songs that are deemed offensive". So you're labelling your fellow supporters bigots because they sing songs which have been deemed offensive by clueless wanks? Away and take a good fuck to yourself anyone who does this

(tu)

I am a "handwringer" in the sense that I would prefer these songs were sung outside Ibrox "IF" it's possible that singing them could get the club in trouble.

I do not think for a second that these songs are biggoted or offensive (just currently illegal). And anyone who does might need to take a long hard look at themselves.

You can't pick and choose race or religion to suit your agenda.

Why the need to sing about it in the first place then?

Why are race and religion even being put in the same sentence?

Fenian is a slur against a religious cult. ( even though most of it's common day usage is used to describe specifically celtic fans and players)

N*****r is offensive to a whole race of people that have been persecuted for centuries up untill recent times.

Apples and oranges IMHO

Why are race and religion even being put in the same sentence?

Fenian is a slur against a religious cult. ( even though most of it's common day usage is used to describe specifically celtic fans and players)

N*****r is offensive to a whole race of people that have been persecuted for centuries up untill recent times.

Apples and oranges IMHO

Agree with gogz ---- A person can easily and do change religion.

Skin colour is with you from birth to death and no human being should be persecuted because of the colour of their skin.

"Fenian is a slur against a religious cult"

surely fenians are a 19'th C political group

Correct. However the republican media machine went into action in NI during 'the troubles' . They manipulated the situation so that the political meaning was forgotten and the word was designated a derogatory term for Catholics. Masters at media manipulation and their Athletic Wing in Glasgow have learned well.

Correct. However the republican media machine went into action in NI during 'the troubles' . They manipulated the situation so that the political meaning was forgotten and the word was designated a derogatory term for Catholics. Masters at media manipulation and their Athletic Wing in Glasgow have learned well.

There are people who used the term to mean Catholic and they are still doing it. They have put those of us who argued it was not a sectarian term in an untenable position.

Given that this thread is still going on, inexplicably, if I can try to summarise the 'handwringers' position, on the whole, based on the OP:

1) No-one is saying that they are personally offended by the drinking, swearing, singing, etc.

2) No-one is saying that anyone shouldn't drink, sing, swear, chant - It is entirely an individual's affair to choose whether to break laws (whether just or unjust)

3) The main point of it is that the 'handwringers' are asking that people respect the club's wishes and don't indulge in such behaviour inside Ibrox.

There are arguments to be had around the laws, and around the terms which are deemed sectarian, but I think we are all aware that many of those who use those terms don't know anything about the background to the phrases or words they use.

But, in terms of the OP never meeting the people who are offended, that is because most people aren't offended by it all, but equally, don't want it associated with the club.

We have more than enough battles to fight without needing to be the vanguard in a war with the law of the land, surely.

(PS: One earlier comment regarding the 'handwringers' not having a spine, I disagree, that suggests that we fully agree with the 'offensive' stuff but don't have the backbone to stand up for it, which is not the case.)

Have a drink. Not a problem. Fall on top of one of my kids and I'll kick you into next week.

Cause one of my kids to cry because of your behaviour, I'll have a word. If you still behave like a wank, see above.

I just think there are some people who really, really need to have a look at themselves. Where is your diginity and civility. Fuck, I am the biggest party animal around, but I know there is a time and a place for everything. If you think its okay to shout, swear, fall over drunk in and amongst kids or people you do not know, you really have a social problem. Actually, you should be ashamed of yourself. The Laws issue doesn't even come into it - you think it is acceptable to behave in such a boorish manner around your fellow supporters which in itself is just appalling.