New manager thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every week this thread pops up.

It's tiresome and this is coming from someone who believes a change in manager is needed.

Ally will be in charge next season, we just need to deal with it and move on!

We'll move on with a half empty stadium next season

It's tiresome and this is coming from someone who believes a change in manager is needed.

We cannot let that happen, nobody is bigger than the club. A decision needs to be made by CG and I for one think he will not shirk from it. ST sales will plummet if Ally is still there.

Can't see it

CG wants to make money simple as that. He won't sell many STs with mccoist still there.

It may have been different if we would have been able to sign players straight away. A few "big" signing may have injected a bit of excitement and freshness, but the fact we can't actually sign new players until the season is well under way means we will start with the same team, and IMHO not many are going to pay a 20% increase to watch it.

Just my opinion.

Ally has always been a shite manager. He had a good unbeaten run at the start of last season (with fair bit of luck, and Walter smiths players) but since that game against killie I think it was(aluko debut at RP) everything he has done at home and abroad is a shambles.

He will never be forgotten for what he did for us in our darkest hours, but he has to move on, before fans really start to turn on him, which none of us want to see

If he would take the job I'd bring in Terry Butcher. He's impressed me throughout the years as a manager and knows how to groom youth players too as well as playing attacking football.

Another added bonus is that he knows what our football club is all about.

The league is won.

If you are upset at it not coming quick enough - so you have to keep attending games, it not being entertaining enough or it losing you money then maybe you're not really a supporter of the club and just a glory hunter?

Don't think Ally has done such a bad job. We are miles clear in this division. Performances have been lacklustre at times, but our playing squad is depleted and young. Season ticket sales will not be affected, for every bear that might chuck it there will always be ten more waiting. I expected a lot worse when we dropped down, I think the expectation from some of the fans that wed build some kind of Barcelona b passing team in the third division is unrealistic. Truth of the matter is players we have are either not ready for the step up or are playing now at the level of their capability. We don't even know if we move up a league yet or if its same business next season. Ally in my mind is the man to take us forward, he just needs the players in that will allow us to move in the right direction, and for that we need Green to pull out the cash.

Don't think Ally has done such a bad job. We are miles clear in this division. Performances have been lacklustre at times, but our playing squad is depleted and young. Season ticket sales will not be affected, for every bear that might chuck it there will always be ten more waiting. I expected a lot worse when we dropped down, I think the expectation from some of the fans that wed build some kind of Barcelona b passing team in the third division is unrealistic. Truth of the matter is players we have are either not ready for the step up or are playing now at the level of their capability. We don't even know if we move up a league yet or if its same business next season. Ally in my mind is the man to take us forward, he just needs the players in that will allow us to move in the right direction, and for that we need Green to pull out the cash.

I expect them to be able to beat a part time Montrose team who shipped 6 goals in their last home game

Think you need to wake up mate

Ally will be remembered as a legend as a player and as the man who steered us through the troubled time of last year, now his primary function is as first team manager and its been obvious for some time that the job of manager is beyond his capabilities. He's a good man but not a good manager.

If he would take the job I'd bring in Terry Butcher. He's impressed me throughout the years as a manager and knows how to groom youth players too as well as playing attacking football.

Fuck terry butcher, we need to go foreign like gio, a good attraction for young players

We cannot let that happen, nobody is bigger than the club. A decision needs to be made by CG and I for one think he will not shirk from it. ST sales will plummet if Ally is still there.

What you going to do to stop it happening?

Do you think Green would be paying for us to have our manager, assistant manager and agents to fly all over the world to look at players and talk to players about signing for next season if he wasn't going to keep him on?

People can moan all they want about changing manager but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

No, we have standards at Rangers. Quite frankly performances this season have not lived up to those standards. Remember we're playing part timers...

standards, or glory hunting?

People complain about everything.

And if the supporters have standards then I think it's only fair that the club should have standards about its fans, yeah?

Impressed you through the years?

Failure at every club in England he managed and sacked when managing in Australia!?

Your easily impressed

The league is won.

If you are upset at it not coming quick enough - so you have to keep attending games, it not being entertaining enough or it losing you money then maybe you're not really a supporter of the club and just a glory hunter?

Shut up you, the football is shite and that is top to bottom from youth coaching to first team.

We should be overhauling the full football club and it isn't happening, you're either a moron or just looking for an arguement spouting shite like this.

It is not just the fact the football is shit,but mccoist is destroying the support.At start there was a great feel good factor as we set out on our adventure,grounds were full and most importantly ther were thousands of kids present.Look at it now,attendances dropping and fans turning on each other.What does Ally have to do before those in denial waken up to the fact that he is clueless

It is not just the fact the football is shit,but mccoist is destroying the support.At start there was a great feel good factor as we set out on our adventure,grounds were full and most importantly ther were thousands of kids present.Look at it now,attendances dropping and fans turning on each other.What does Ally have to do before those in denial waken up to the fact that he is clueless

Nail on head

Most have made their minds up on mccoist now, meaning next season he is on a hiding to nothing, we will need to play like barca every game with his new players or the fans will be on top of him from the off

New management team need simple as

A cardboard cut out would do better than Ally

Ally will almost certainly resign he is a lot smarter than most guys who go to the game and he will have sussed he does not have what it takes. Best chance of Ally still being at Ibrox next year is as Wattie's assistant

Shut up you, the football is shite and that is top to bottom from youth coaching to first team.

We should be overhauling the full football club and it isn't happening, you're either a moron or just looking for an arguement spouting shite like this.

So you're more a fan of good football than of Rangers?

We should overhaul all the club and the training, but as you seen a couple of weeks ago it's absolutely pointless doing it in Div 3.

Do you really think we'll be able to gve anything the attention it needs properly while in Div 3?