Roman Abramovich ripped apart on skysports news.

(tu)

All the talks of plans and what teams might do mean hee haw when the same happens every single season.

Chelsea have grew as a club and a brand at an incredible rate thanks to Roman and his people. They have left Arsenal behind clutching at the dust so far.

Exactly "So Far" is the main point there. Billions of pounds spent will do that. Arsenal have had to build a new stadium and training ground during Abramovich's reign but they are all but paid off now and the playing field is levelling out. Big summer for Arsenal no doubt and exciting season ahead i think

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly "So Far" is the main point there. Billions of pounds spent will do that. Arsenal have had to build a new stadium and training ground during Abramovich's reign but they are all but paid off now and the playing field is levelling out. Big summer for Arsenal no doubt and exciting season ahead i think

The difference is Arsenal don't have the kind of squad capable of doing what City, Chelsea, United can do.

They will need to spend an insane amount of money to catch those teams up and now with FFP meant to be coming in ontop of Arsenals policy I can't see that happening anytime soon.

They may suprise me but IMO they are a long way off those 3 teams.

The difference is Arsenal don't have the kind of squad capable of doing what City, Chelsea, United can do.

They will need to spend an insane amount of money to catch those teams up and now with FFP meant to be coming in ontop of Arsenals policy I can't see that happening anytime soon.

They may suprise me but IMO they are a long way off those 3 teams.

With FFP theoretically those 3 teams will need to curtail their spending. Arsenal have 70 million plus to spend this summer. They have a good squad with good young players. If they bring in Higuain, Jovetic, Fellaini/Bender , Ceasar which is realistic then i think they have as strong a starting 11 as any of those 3 teams with a strong bench.

With FFP theoretically those 3 teams will need to curtail their spending. Arsenal have 70 million plus to spend this summer. They have a good squad with good young players. If they bring in Higuain, Jovetic, Fellaini/Bender , Ceasar which is realistic then i think they have as strong a starting 11 as any of those 3 teams with a strong bench.

Yet all they've signed so far is Sanogo.

No doubt about it. Arsenal haven't done that recently due to them having to build the club gradually with their own resources. But now Arsenal are coming past that point and will be able to compete with other clubs on their own merit and it will be from their own money. They will win something again and it will be all the sweeter for Arsenal fans

A club the size of Arsenal should be competing for trophies every season.

To go 8/9 years without one is a disgrace no matter what spin gets put on it.

Huge support, ridiculous ticket prices, kit deals, sponsorship, TV money etc. generate them a huge amount each season so there is money to spend.

That is a big IF though, like last season it's all just paper talk.

Spurs have just landed one of the best midfielders in Brazil who looks a stand out while Chelsea have just opened up talks with Cavani then you have United and City who have the best squads in England.

Arsenal would do well to reach that level in a few years never mind this season.

A club the size of Arsenal should be conpeting for trophies every season.

To go 8/9 years without one is a disgrace no matter what spin gets put on it.

Huge support, ridiculous ticket prices, kit deals, sponsorship, TV money etc. generate them a huge amount each season so there is money to spend.

Yep they should but for the past like 6-7 years their sponsorships have been about 28 million a season total. there is no getting around the fact how much it weakens Arsenal on the field having to build a new stadium at 400 million pounds. There really is only so much you can do. I would like to see Man City, Man U, and Chelsea build what Arsenal have using their OWN money

Yet all they've signed so far is Sanogo.

A young striker for free with great potential? whats your point. Just because they are needing to buy established quality that means they cant buy these types of players?

I think its widely known Higuain will sign. Is that a good enough striker for you :P ?

A young striker for free with great potential? whats your point. Just because they are needing to buy established quality that means they cant buy these types of players?

I think its widely known Higuain will sign. Is that a good enough striker for you :P ?

I remember it being widely known Mata would sign for Arsenal as well.

Yep they should but for the past like 6-7 years their sponsorships have been about 28 million a season total. there is no getting around the fact how much it weakens Arsenal on the field having to build a new stadium at 400 million pounds. There really is only so much you can do. I would like to see Man City, Man U, and Chelsea build what Arsenal have using their OWN money

What about the money brought in from selling Fabregas, Song, Clichy, RVP and Nasri?

There's about £75m that should have been reinvested.

That is a big IF though, like last season it's all just paper talk.

Spurs have just landed one of the best midfielders in Brazil who looks a stand out while Chelsea have just opened up talks with Cavani then you have United and City who have the best squads in England.

Arsenal would do well to reach that level in a few years never mind this season.

It is a big if but i think there is a change in Arsenal this summer everything points to it. 22 million for Higuain. 20 million bid for Bender. Lets see what happens by September the 1st

I dont think any other team could do what Arsenal have done in building a stadium with their own money, selling their best player every season and still managed to get champs league every year and be relatively competitive. People dont understand what an achievement it is but Arsenal dont have to do that any more.

Its not a question of anyone being bitter is it. Why should football supporters not look out for the well being of the game itself? Is it sustainable in the long term? I find dodgy practises eventually catch up with you.

Care to look at the dodgy way Arsenal got into the old first division ,if you know your history and all that

I dont think any other team could do what Arsenal have done in building a stadium with their own money, selling their best player every season and still managed to get champs league every year and be relatively competitive. People dont understand what an achievement it is but Arsenal dont have to do that any more.

They have only been competitive in getting top 4.

They have done nothing of note bar a league cup final defeat to Birmingham city.

They have sold their best players because the owners wanted the money...they kept saying they did not NEED to sell but choose too.

That does not scream ambition to me, what will be the excuse when nothing changes now that the stadiums paid off?

Arsenal as it stands still have a very weak squad compared to the bigger clubs who are still adding quality to their squads.

Had to sell to pay off stadium every year. If they reinvested they would be loaded with debt

The amount of money Arsenal have made over the last 7/8 years they should jave neen able to compete for trophies and pay off the stadium.

As I said, expensive tickets, lucrative sponsorship deals, selling their main assets, TV money etc. etc.

There's no excuses IMO.

They've got a cheek to charge so much for tickets.

They have done nothing of note bar a league cup final defeat to Birmingham city.

They have sold their best players because the owners wanted the money...they kept saying they did not NEED to sell but choose too.

That does not scream ambition to me, what will be the excuse when nothing changes now that the stadiums paid off?

Arsenal as it stands still have a very weak squad compared to the bigger clubs who are still adding quality to their squads.

And they can only keep finishing above Spurs for so long unless they step it up.

and yet Arsenal finished just below Chelsea and City but a few points. Not such a gap really. Like i said lets see what Arsenal have done at the end of August and we will see if things have changed which i think they will

They should have won at least a few trophies.

But there was a big reason the Invincbles got split up, it broke apart after 2006, the same year they moved into the Emirates. You don't just recover from that over night. Wenger in between did build a side which challenged for the title and should have done it but the lack of squad depth let them down.

Away from the abramovich part. Cant beleive he thinks the chelsea game away to barca was the most dogged performance hes ever seen. Obviously never seen us away to fiorentina

Honestly, the away game at Werder Bremen felt worse.