Schoolboy Football

Played for my local team, West Side FC, in goals from under 14 to under 18.

I was pretty shite. Once conceded 9 goals in game. We actually won that game 11-9 though, in a 20 goal thriller.

I played rugby in school as well though, and I was pretty good at that.

I was pretty shite. Once conceded 9 goals in game. We actually won that game 11-9 though, in a 20 goal thriller.

Wasn't that the rugby score you just gave us? :D

I was excellent as a pup, started losing the pace and I've now became a born again goalie :lol:

Played with queens park for a bit, trial with hibs and Partick thistle. That's as far as I went. No quite good enough for the top level, doesnae help a was as wee skinny bastard :lol:

Played at a good level in the amateur leagues as well.

Now am a goalkeeper so my career is effectively over :lol:

Howwood Primary's stand in right back! I only played so I didn't have to do computing on a Wednesday afternoon. I played one full game against Bridge of Weir, played a fucking blinder so I did, but then the janitor (the first team coach), didn't see me as a first team player so I was dropped to the bench, for eternity!

Howwood Primary's stand in right back! I only played so I didn't have to do computing on a Wednesday afternoon. I played one full game against Bridge of Weir, played a fucking blinder so I did, but then the janitor (the first team coach), didn't see me as a first team player so I was dropped to the bench, for eternity!

Was always the janny that ran the team :lol:

Used to play for SB in Plymouth (used to be one of the top youth teams). Dan Gosling and Jack Stephens were both in our league (both were Argyle youth, Goslings at Newcastle? and Stephens at Southampton now), both were pretty decent you could tell.

Had trials for Argyle, but never got any further. To be honest, I was a decent 11s player, but shite at like 5s/7s (being a fullback it wasn't my forte). Argyle had a big push to put trial players in smaller side games, to see technical ability etc. Which is were i got found out.

Now play in a local league in the North East, its good fun, but being short doesn't help at all

I played for the same team, was also pish.

Was okay I suppose at school and up to maybe 17. Best I got to was Glasgow West and also First Tower United in Jersey for a wee while. Good players I played with were Jim Kelly who went on to play with Partick Thistle, Stuart Montgomery (St.Johnstone) and best of all I played with (in the BB) and played against was John Wark. Think he scored about 17 against us in one game when we lost about 24-0 :lol:

Brian Grant (the ex-Aberdeen player) ran ours. His son was at our school. He was about primary 3 when we were in P7 and he still got a game :lol:. He's playing for Falkirk now, right enough! I was a utility man, and once gave a man of the match performance.

At high school I prefered going to tesco for my lunch than to training/ trials so never really bothered with that!

I've never played at a serious level, prefer the odd game of fives with my mates. Mainly because I'm shite and I can have a laugh about it.

One motm is more than some earn in a full career :D