Has Our Situation Made It Impossible For Youth To Flourish?

Everyone is crying out for youth to be given the chance to progress and get their opportunity, if they were my question would be that with our current state on and off the field, is it impossible for any youth coming in to truly show what they can do due to fans being angry and expecting a performance straight away without being labelled shite and not good enough?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our situation made it entirely possible several years ago.

Individuals chose to go down an entirely different, costlier route.

Nowadays we are getting fucked over time and time again and at some point we have to start building for next season in the Championship. I'd rather do that with eager youths than disinterested experienced pros who will be gone come the summer.

I still wonder what Mackay, Gal, Telfer, Hardie, Murdoch did wrong not to even be given a chance when others are atrocious every single week.

Nowadays we are getting fucked over time and time again and at some point we have to start building for next season in the Championship. I'd rather do that with eager youths than disinterested experienced pros who will be gone come the summer.

I still wonder what Mackay, Gal, Telfer, Hardie, Murdoch did wrong not to even be given a chance when others are atrocious every single week.

They were youths at a club managed by someone completely out of his depth.

We can still play youths but it won't be to the same degree now and it also requires major investment to clear out the rubbish we have. The ship may already have sailed for McKay and Gallagher etc. as they needed to be embedded in our team. Never again in our history will a chance like this materialise. If we had a manager with a 5 year plan we'd have been in the black financially and we'd have a youthful, energetic and cohesive team that played as a team with style. We might not have won any cups but we'd know we were on the right path. Mccoist has driven us off a cliff in all honesty. Now we are waiting to hit the bottom.

TBH I would rather we used youth as I think a lot of them have heart and are proud to wear the Blue jersey unlike some of the first team regulars who are not fit to even be at Ibrox. Would I take another season in the Championship based of youth and some mature players Yes I would as long as there is progression because all I see is regression at present with the squad on the field.

3rd and second division was the chance to give it a right good go but we all know what we choose to do instead.

We cant afford it now because if we fail to get promotion then we will be on borrowed time and taking a chance playing kids while not going up instantly will be catastrophic.

While if we somehow manage to go up and go with kids we will most likely be in a relegation battle.

I agree

I was totally disappointed when the youth at the time decided to walk away when they had their opportunity to become fans favourites and help us climb the leagues.

Whats happened since has shown that these young guys are better off away from our club as we are not interested in bleeding them. If they were given the opportunity from now to the end of the season and performances were inconsistent(which happens with youth) how many fans would be all over these young guys telling them they're not good enough only to shatter their self confidence.

If we want youth to come through and take us forward we've got to expect that with every 2 or 3 good performances there might be a few bad 1s thrown in as well, the example being that Lewis Macleeod went off the boil a wee bit and then some folk on here saying he's shite blah blah blah and the same is happening with Aird if he does'nt deliver every week.

We need to be far more patient with youth if we want them to progress but I'm not sure with our current state our fans would be willing enough or forgiving enough to let them!

Everyone is crying out for youth to be given the chance to progress and get their opportunity, if they were my question would be that with our current state on and off the field, is it impossible for any youth coming in to truly show what they can do due to fans being angry and expecting a performance straight away without being labelled shite and not good enough?

Not at all. I think people would be more forgiving of the players if it was young lads getting a chance in the team. What the really frustrating thing is it's journeyman earning ridiculous wages, a lot of whom don't really care about the club. Sinnamon, Halkett, Murdoch, Gallagher, Hardie etc should be heavily involved in the first team.

There are managers about that are being successful with teams built on youth and experience so it can be done, we only have to look at Hamilton last season and this and how good a job Alex Neil done, there's also that tim at Dundee utd and they wankers at Hearts!

We need to sort our managerial situation ASAP and look to implement this from now until the end of the season so it's in place for the start of next and hopefully we can start to bring the good times back.

3rd and second division was the chance to give it a right good go but we all know what we choose to do instead.

We cant afford it now because if we fail to get promotion then we will be on borrowed time and taking a chance playing kids while not going up instantly will be catastrophic.

While if we somehow manage to go up and go with kids we will most likely be in a relegation battle.

If we had a team with lots of young players in the first team and we didn't get promoted we wouldn't be on borrowed time. Our wages bill would probably be less than half of what it is at the moment. And you'd probably get more people interested in going to the game to support the team.

And if we did get promoted you'd obviously look to recruit at least a few more guys in the summer. A team with a few of our young lads and some more experienced guys would be more than good enough for the top half of the spl. A few quality additions and we'd be pushing for the top two imo.

Nobody is asking for 11 young lads in the team, just a few of the promising ones we have. What we really need though is a manager to bring the best out of them and pick the right team/tactics. We've also missed out on loads of great free transfers for young Scottish lads. Still don't know why we didn't sign Scott Allan.

There's also an opportunity for someone IF they get control of the board to make an instant success for himself by sorting this managerial mess out and putting these measures in place!!

If Ashley remains in charge, any manager we get in will be forced to play these Newcastle guys.

If we had a team with lots of young players in the first team and we didn't get promoted we wouldn't be on borrowed time. Our wages bill would probably be less than half of what it is at the moment. And you'd probably get more people interested in going to the game to support the team.

And if we did get promoted you'd obviously look to recruit at least a few more guys in the summer. A team with a few of our young lads and some more experienced guys would be more than good enough for the top half of the spl. A few quality additions and we'd be pushing for the top two imo.

Nobody is asking for 11 young lads in the team, just a few of the promising ones we have. What we really need though is a manager to bring the best out of them and pick the right team/tactics. We've also missed out on loads of great free transfers for young Scottish lads. Still don't know why we didn't sign Scott Allan.

Nah we need at least 15-17 players to challenge in the top flight, how much is that going to cost us?

Folk think we are only a few decent players away from giving it a go but a reality check is needed. This shower of bastards couldn't even win a fish n chips cup and have been spanked by two teams just out of Admin 3 ort 4 times now.

We don't have time, fans are staying away and we are bleeding money. A long stint without Euro football or even top flight football will damage us badly.

It's obvious that Simonsen,McCulloch and Miller(coach material) are finished, these guys should'nt play another game from now to the end of the season so our best youth players should fill these positions immediately. Then there's Foster,Law,Black,Hutton,Daly who are not playing well enough to hold down a place so again we look at youth and before you know it we have almost a full team of youth!

We as fans have to have a look at ourselves as well if at any point youth at Rangers is to flourish.We have to be patient and give these guys whoever they may be the chance to become Rangers greats.For way to long we demanded instant success Walter style,just go out and spend millions on everyone elses developed players we have no time to develop youth.No point in bleeting about having no scouting system when for years we were quite content to let everybody else do the scouting and developing and then in good old Rangers style we would go in and part with millions.Only trouble now is we have no millions,no scouting system as such and no management team worth the time of day so well and trully up the creek. This isnt just happened over the past couple of seasons this is been in the pipeline for years.The sooner we get rid of everyone associated with this lazy,disinterested style of football management the better for our great old club and that means new football men with a long term approach,new tactics,new training methods,unafraid to put their own necks on the line and give young guys a chance.Unfortunately this is not going to be achieved by so called Rangers men.

its also encumbent on our youths to step and make it impossible for the management to ignore them. The first team being shite isn't enough - we need guys who are better than whats there and want to prove it on a regular basis. Being no worse than what we have isn't good enough.

Stop talking sense.

If the youth that are there arent good enough then as Rangers supporters we must be asking the question WHY. If any other club had spent millions on a so called youth academy and after 13 years there was no product surely they would ask WHY.

most of the youth aren't up to standard anyway.

How would we know, if they get a chance and after just 1 game they haven't appeared to be the new Messi they get punted out on loan or dumped back in the development league, while the same faces get to serve up pish performance after pish performance.

If your going to really give the young players a chance you need to give them time to find their feet in a starting 11.

The worrying thing is that some youth have been given opportunities in forward areas but when looked promising they've been left out or farmed out on loan, but our weakest area of the team(defence) we've not gave any youth a chance at all!!! What's happened to Gasperotto? Do we not have any good youth in these area's? If we don't why did'nt we sign Andrew Robertson when he played against us 3 times and looked assured!!!

Someone needs to step up and take note of this quickly as we are dying without any fight what so ever!!!!(Maybe a bit extreme)

most of the youth aren't up to standard anyway.

Detest this attitude. How do any of us know what the players would have been like with the right coaching and 50+ first team games under their belt. Macleod and Telfer turned out good, there you go central midfield sorted, Murdoch seems decent also. The trouble is trying to throw them in now when the best opportunity has left us. We send out players on loan for experience as we can't risk playing them in the top division, well we were in the bottom division a few years back, what did we have to lose playing Alexander, Wallace, mcculloch and possibly another experienced player for good measure along with the youth players we had at the time.

They might not be world beaters but I'm sure they'd be Alloa or Raith rovers beaters.