Our Only Flaws

Bellshill_Bear

Not a negative post I am happy with how things are going - we have been playing some amazing football at times but over the last few games I have noticed we are starting to struggle to break down teams. There are 3 flaws in our team and should they be rectified we would be ready for the spl next year.

1) our pace is too fast at times - we get the ball quickly forward into a wall of defence and either lose the ball with a wayward pass or lose the ball. Then the opposition fires a ball out to the wings or over the top and end up with a one v one. Horses for courses!! In the event of teams sitting deep and countering we should slow our pace down and work the ball into the box pulling them out of position. Back to the defence with a few balls over the ball to run into.

2) exposed in defence - we all know this one, if our fb are bombing forward some one should be back - Halliday usually does this but the defence needs pace from somewhere to help out.

3) when the ball is in our danger areas pick a man to mark - Jesus Christ this goes for corners picking up players running into the box and when a winger is crossing, man mark and pick up runs into the box.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a negative post I am happy with how things are going - we have been playing some amazing football at times but over the last few games I have noticed we are starting to struggle to break down teams. There are 3 flaws in our team and should they be rectified we would be ready for the spl next year.

1) our pace is too fast at times - we get the ball quickly forward into a wall of defence and either lose the ball with a wayward pass or lose the ball. Then the opposition fires a ball out to the wings or over the top and end up with a one v one. Horses for courses!! In the event of teams sitting deep and countering we should slow our pace down and work the ball into the box pulling them out of position. Back to the defence with a few balls over the ball to run into.

2) exposed in defence - we all know this one, if our fb are bombing forward some one should be back - Halliday usually does this but the defence needs pace from somewhere to help out.

3) when the ball is in our danger areas pick a man to mark - Jesus Christ this goes for corners picking up players running into the box and when a winger is crossing, man mark and pick up runs into the box.

Well the negativity is it was a disorganized team void of any positive football, coupled with the fact the opposition walked the ball into the net three times, we do have a lot to sort out for next year, like a new team, I apologise for the negativity.

I would say that's a bit far mate ? We are lacking in some places to compete with the top 6 spl teams but that will be rectified over the next few Windows. I am now starting to agree with the people that say we need a striker, I would love to see us buy goodwillie. A striker that takes chances when they might be few and far between. Waggy is a good player but if he was to only get one chance a game I wouldn't fancy him to take it.

It's time to drop zelalem, he's comfortable on the ball but with teams parking the bus the killer pass isn't there, we need players like shiels and law that will fight for the ball and get in the players faces.

I would also think about using ball as a holding midfielder in these games.

Well the negativity is it was a disorganized team void of any positive football, coupled with the fact the opposition walked the ball into the net three times, we do have a lot to sort out for next year, like a new team, I apologise for the negativity.

Utter pish.

Dont apologise , just dont talk pish in the first place

Void of any positive football? Wit? Dont fucking spit the dummy out. We we're beat by a better team tonight

And theres nothing wrong with that. Some folk need to calm the fuck down.

We have a year to prepare for teams like that. Tonight was a test, at least its one we can learn from without losing too much.

Get a fucking grip of yourself. You reckon that St Johnstone side could win 11 consecutive championship games? Not a chance. The gulf has been exaggerated so much and will continue to be after tonight. They did well but we were awful.

It's one game for fucksake.

This thread is partly full of dreamers, spoon fed on hype, and years of pish football, it only looks good because we are playing in the second tier of Scottish football, that team that was playing tonight won't survive in the spfl, they even struggled against Dumbarton FFS, anybody who thinks this is the team for the future is sadly deluded.

Get a fucking grip of yourself. You reckon that St Johnstone side could win 11 consecutive championship games? Not a chance. The gulf has been exaggerated so much and will continue to be after tonight. They did well but we were awful.

It's one game for fucksake.

It's being coming for weeks now. We are a second tier side and it shows.

We just weren't clinical enough tonight and thats the only difference between us and the top league IMO.. As for the defense being exposed I am willing to accept this is gonna happen because of how attacking the gaffer wants to be... tonight we fell short but lets not make it sound worse than it actually was.. We dominated the football and that performance v anyone in this league will not be able to handle us.

Good post mate, naievity/complacency killed us tonight and any decent side from when we played Hibs at Ibrox would've done us in the same manner if they had the ability. Warning signs have been there since Henderson missed they 2 sitters a few weeks back at 0-0. I just hope W&W have more in their locker than the one plan which is what is needed to get us back where we belong.

Anything else is fucking crazy.

Too many folk panicking on this . We have plenty of time to get up to the required standard and generally the football produced has been great. Not all of the squad will make it we we do go up but we have another 2 transfer windows to go the business. Our style of football will leave us open but we had loads of people complaining about Walter's style of football, there is no pleasing some folk