Ever Played Against A Rangers Player

Domthenbud

I unfortunately only ever played amateur football, albeit a decent level, west of Scotland division one. I played with Killermont Amateurs from BEARSden. I am pretty certain that in the very late sixties or very very early seventies we drew the Post Office or Glasgow Transport in the Scottish. They had an immense centre half who to be honest looked as if he wouldn't last the first half. But he did, by moving minimally. I was assured it was Doug Baillie and boy could this guy play. Nobody got by him. He was just always there. Positioning was superb. Anyone else play against an ex professional. BTW. We got beat.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Minstral I played only once though against dingy, I think he was hungover that day LOL,also played against a young Robert Fleck against Possil YM, in a friendly a couple of weeks before he signed for The Rangers, I'd never played against anyone with thighs the size of his, they were enormous and he was fuckin' solid, and lighting quick, no one could get the ba' off him, IIRC he scored 5 against us.

Was one of my favourite Rangers strikers.

Played with Derek Carcary! ??

Best player I have played with is graham dorrans who Rangers let go when he younger...... Was always a cut above anyone at the age group, good bear as well.

Best player I played against was Stevie Fulton not long after he retired, couldn't get the ball off him ?

Played in same team as Barry Ferguson..

He was incredible..

2 yrs above me played the best footballer i've seen. His name was Charlie Miller.

Charlie if his head was in it without all the carry on would have been the best Rangers player to have came through in my lifetime! What a player but also struggled with his weight mostly due to his lifestyle, he can still be immensely proud ov the career he had ?

Played in same team as Barry Ferguson..

He was incredible..

2 yrs above me played the best footballer i've seen. His name was Charlie Miller.

Yeah rembember watching a lot of the reserves when Charlie was breaking through. He was an outstanding talent and everyone around me was raving about him saying it was only a matter of time till he was in the first team. Should have achieved so much more.